Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2022, 06:05 AM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
"The recent midterms marked an unambiguous rout for Florida Democrats."

Funny how you left out the bolded word in your thread title. Why was that?

Republicans did even better than expected in Florida. That's about the only state that you can say that about.
Don't keep up I see.

"
https://www.nytimes.com › 2022 › 11 › 09 › nyregion › ny-house-races-redistricting.html

How Republicans Flipped 4 Congressional Seats in New York"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2022, 06:06 AM

4,548 posts, read 2,271,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post

There will be a Florida refugee problem eventually -- not coming in but going out. It is happening quietly now, before the rush. Retirees are pretending that nothing is wrong and are betting they will be beyond caring. It is a warehouse for these people waiting for the next act.
This is hysterical!

I have lived in Florida for 22 years and the beach is still the beach. No houses have been lost to the ocean except during a hurricane. Aren't we half way into our 20 year max until we are completely covered in water? Things like what you are predicting take millions of years. You climate alarmist are pretty funny.

Old 11-19-2022, 06:20 AM

10,760 posts, read 4,346,172 times
The Supreme Court's stance on abortion is the only reason Democrats avoided a red wave.

Old 11-19-2022, 08:58 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
This is hysterical!

I have lived in Florida for 22 years and the beach is still the beach. No houses have been lost to the ocean except during a hurricane. Aren't we half way into our 20 year max until we are completely covered in water? Things like what you are predicting take millions of years. You climate alarmist are pretty funny.
No one ever said we’re going to be flooded in 20 years.

Seeing how fast the icecap in Greenland and Antarctica are thawing, it’s inescapable that sea level will eventually rise and flood out many cities. I considered this before I bought beachfront property in Florida. Then I found out the ocean is rising 5 millimeters per year. That’s 2 inches per decade. Yes, I will be long dead before it affects me.

Old 11-19-2022, 09:03 PM

3,072 posts, read 1,301,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
The Supreme Court's stance on abortion is the only reason Democrats avoided a red wave.
I don’t think it had anything to do with it really. There was still an unprecedented and unforeseen anti Trump/not FOR Dems vote. As long as that exists the Dems will outperform every cycle.

Old 11-19-2022, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
I don’t think it had anything to do with it really. There was still an unprecedented and unforeseen anti Trump/not FOR Dems vote. As long as that exists the Dems will outperform every cycle.
So only the candidates that Trump endorsed lost?

Old 11-19-2022, 09:18 PM

3,072 posts, read 1,301,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
So only the candidates that Trump endorsed lost?
Many did but bottom line is GOP cannot win a high turnout election ever. In a midterm if Trump wasn’t a topic of discussion we’d have seen a much much lower turnout than we did

Old 11-19-2022, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
Many did but bottom line is GOP cannot win a high turnout election ever. In a midterm if Trump wasn’t a topic of discussion we’d have seen a much much lower turnout than we did
But would there have been a red wave if Trump retired from politics and never endorsed anyone?
I seriously doubt it.
Majority of America is pro-abortion, and that is at odds with the Supreme Court, and that is why there was no red wave.

Old 11-20-2022, 05:20 AM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
No one ever said we’re going to be flooded in 20 years.

Seeing how fast the icecap in Greenland and Antarctica are thawing, it’s inescapable that sea level will eventually rise and flood out many cities. I considered this before I bought beachfront property in Florida. Then I found out the ocean is rising 5 millimeters per year. That’s 2 inches per decade. Yes, I will be long dead before it affects me.
"No one ever said we’re going to be flooded in 20 years."

Dems have such short memories!

"Dec, 1, 2008
"Some of the most memorable images from Al Gore’s movie, An Inconvenient Truth"

"His narration tells the audience that, due to global warming, melting ice could release enough water to cause at 20-foot rise in sea level “in the near future.”

https://scienceline.org/2008/12/ask-...venient-truth/

"When co-anchor Katie Couric asked Al Gore on the May 24, 2006 Today show “What do you see happening in 15 to 20 years if nothing changes?...Even Manhattan would be in deep water”, he replied: “Yes, in fact the World Trade Center Memorial site would be underwater.”
Earlier, in January 11, 2006 on the same show, Obama Science Czar John Holdren’s prediction was even more terrifying than Gore’s: “There is an even greater threat that scientists can only speculate about. As global temperatures rise, they may cause the massive West Antarctic Ice Sheet to slip more rapidly. Then we’ll be facing a sea-level rise not of one to three feet in a century, but of 10 or 20 feet in a much shorter time. The Supreme Court would be flooded. You could tie your boat to the Washington Monument. Storm surges would make the Capitol unusable.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybe...h=2ac75c194ee8

Old 11-20-2022, 09:06 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,555 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Sounds like a lot of butt hurt feelings over America kicking House Democrats to the curb.

Democracy was on the ballot and America did not trust House Democrats with it, so they fired them.

Now back to the topic at hand. Remember when all you leftists and the media you control claimed Florida was doing it all wrong and as a result, DeSantis was killing all the people who would have voted for him?

How did that turn out in Florida?

We have 435 house elections , Republicans net win is maybe 3 seats , and I don't even mean their net margin in Congress

I mean without redistricting, your net win was 3.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies