Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2022, 02:06 PM

4,545 posts, read 2,269,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
You don't get to redo an election just because you don't like the outcome.

Oh for God's sake. That is not the reason for a re-do. The reason is because it took over a week to get election results, 1 in 4 tabulators in Maricopa County were down, people were asked to put their ballot in a box to be counted later, many people's votes were not counted, really long lines, etc... It was voter suppression.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2022, 02:11 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
Oh for God's sake. That is not the reason for a re-do. The reason is because it took over a week to get election results, 1 in 4 tabulators in Maricopa County were down, people were asked to put their ballot in a box to be counted later, many people's votes were not counted, really long lines, etc... It was voter suppression.
The problem with the delay was caused almost singly by the right, who convinced their voters to hold onto their early ballots until the actual election day.

THAT's what caused the delay. The right. With their sabotage plan of deluging the polling locations with a torrent of votes that needed to be verified and counted by hand.

Old 11-18-2022, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The problem with the delay was caused almost singly by the right, who convinced their voters to hold onto their early ballots until the actual election day.

THAT's what caused the delay. The right. With their sabotage plan of deluging the polling locations with a torrent of votes that needed to be verified and counted by hand.
So now you're going to blame the right. That's rich Clara.

Modern day elections should be able to handle votes that come in ON ELECTION DAY. Florida had no problem. I was one of the people that voted ON ELECTION DAY. No problem.

The tabulators were tested fully the day before. Then "technicians" showed up and the tabulators stopped tabulating.

Old 11-18-2022, 02:24 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
So now you're going to blame the right. That's rich Clara.

Modern day elections should be able to handle votes that come in ON ELECTION DAY. Florida had no problem. I was one of the people that voted ON ELECTION DAY. No problem.

The tabulators were tested fully the day before. Then "technicians" showed up and the tabulators stopped tabulating.
I think it was a free and fair election.

I don't think it was fraudulent - I believe every vote was counted correctly (although there probably were a few mistakes few and far between).

If you think all votes should be counted on election day, don't allow people to drop off hand marked ballots on election day, which is what the Right did.

And yes, I'm putting the blame on the delay in reporting results squarely in the lap of the right. We ALL saw that those votes counted late favored Lake much more than the ones counted on time and early - and we were all told to not count Lake out because the late paper ballots would favor her.

And they did.

So yeah. If you're complaining about delay in tallying, look in the mirror at your fellow Republicans.

Edited to add: Contrary to your belief, Florida is still not actually done counting ballots. They're in the exact same place as Arizona - at 99% counted. Florida was able to declare winners on election day because of the wide spread between candidates, but apparently Florida is no quicker than Arizona at actual counting.

Old 11-18-2022, 02:36 PM

Doesn't matter what you think Clara. Enough people think otherwise and they are marginalized by the left. What if it happened in a predominately black county? Would the left call them domestic terrorists and election deniers?

Old 11-18-2022, 02:44 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,657 times
Quote:
The US is not the only country to experience election "irregularities". At least they get a do-over. In the US we get called election deniers and domestic terrorists.

Got to admit that this sounds a little like Arizona.

https://abcnews.go.com/International...ction-93401787

From the Article:

"Long lines formed outside many polling stations as voters struggled with extra ballot papers. Some polling stations ran out of ballot papers during the day and others received ones for the wrong district, leading to a large number of invalidated ballots.

Another issue was that the election was supposed to end at 6 p.m., but voters waiting in line at that time were allowed to cast their ballots — at a time when exit polls were already public.

A new state election must be held within 90 days following Wednesday's ruling. The new head of Berlin's election authority, whose predecessor resigned after last year's chaotic vote, has said Feb. 12 is a likely date. The district assembly elections also will be rerun in full."

The article goes on to say that it may not make a difference on the national election but could make a difference in the state legislature.
They got the do over,we got the screw over

Old 11-19-2022, 06:41 AM

9,870 posts, read 4,641,933 times
The Germans have a reputation for being more precise and want to get it right even if it takes a re do. In the US it's how dare you think there were issues that affected the outcome and/or vote counts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies