Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2022, 08:05 PM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times

Advertisements

Was this a warning from Putin or what? Not a good sign at all.

NUKE FEARS Russia fired ‘dummy NUKE missile’ at Kyiv in ‘sinister warning Putin could launch the real thing’, experts warn

According to experts, it could be a "message" to the West about a possible nuclear escalation of the war, or a sign Moscow is struggling with its missile supply and instead is trying to "overload" Ukraine's air system by launching projectiles even if they do not explode.

The outlet claims Russian troops may have removed the "special warhead" from the Kh-55 and attached a "blank shell" as they were unable to load a conventional warhead onto it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2022, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalMouse View Post
So far it’s unconfirmed.

Some speculate that the missile is capable of carrying both conventional and nuclear warheads.

Once scary scenario is that they’re converting nuclear to conventional because they’re running out of missiles.

So this could be an ‘oops’ moment in not removing all the components. Another ‘oops’ could be bad one.
Nuclear weapons and oops are not a good combo.

Old 11-18-2022, 08:45 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,984,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post

NUKE FEARS Russia fired ‘dummy NUKE missile’ at Kyiv in ‘sinister warning Putin could launch the real thing’, experts warn

According to experts, it could be a "message" to the West about a possible nuclear escalation of the war, or a sign Moscow is struggling with its missile supply and instead is trying to "overload" Ukraine's air system by launching projectiles even if they do not explode.

The outlet claims Russian troops may have removed the "special warhead" from the Kh-55 and attached a "blank shell" as they were unable to load a conventional warhead onto it.
...according to experts...lol...

...'expert' = self serving parasite who has a vested interest in swaying your opinion...

Old 11-18-2022, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
...according to experts...lol...

...'expert' = self serving parasite who has a vested interest in swaying your opinion...
This is Rupert Murdock (aka fox news) newspaper. You are saying he is making this up?

Old 11-18-2022, 09:47 PM

21,876 posts, read 25,139,139 times
Quote:
This is Rupert Murdock (aka fox news) newspaper. You are saying he is making this up?
Press is the enemy of the people. Enemy of my enemy is my friend. So yeah, if the enemy says your friend was naughty who would you be more likely to believe?

Old 11-18-2022, 10:04 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,845,442 times
Quote:

Not too surprising if you think about it. I mean, Russia invaded Ukraine with a mock army. Why not have mock missiles?

Old 11-18-2022, 11:07 PM

10,754 posts, read 4,344,063 times
Mock missiles make it harder for Ukraine to know which missiles are real and which are fake, until its too late. Its a very smart idea.

Old 11-19-2022, 02:39 AM

10,454 posts, read 4,038,191 times
Right now, after the BS Ukraine tried to pull with Poland, I'm starting to think Russia isn't the bad guy here and the real threat is Ukraine and the United States. They will most certainly blow up an ally and then try and blame Putin because for some reason, they really need the world to go against him, and well, it's not working. China and India hold some pretty important cards on the world stage and they aren't falling for it.

Old 11-19-2022, 03:12 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,285,067 times
It occurred to me when the story came out about them wanting to execute all those people in Iran how easy it is to use the media to sway public opinion. I mean, I always knew this but when you really look at how many questionable leaders are out there these days, if we tried to save every group of oppressed people we'd have to go to war with half the countries on the planet.

Should I do what the tee vee tells me? Believe every so called "expert" they decide to interview? Better put my mask back on. Putin handled this war poorly, I will say that. I don't see a way out for him that will benefit him or his people in any way besides a negotiated peace.

Old 11-19-2022, 06:29 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
No, but they turned a story where an inert missile *could* have held a nuke!

Well duh, Russia's fired tens of thousands of munitions in the war that *could* have held a nuke.

So, what they're doing is scaring the mice with click bait. Gotta pay the bills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies