Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2022, 05:47 AM

4,901 posts, read 2,055,276 times

Advertisements

Pelosi attack Bush 43 at every point that she could and the stunt she did to Trump was beyond disrespectful. So now, she is getting so of that “chet” throw back at her and it’s wrong?! Or is the OP saying that women are the weaker sex and can’t handle the heat in a man’s world?

I’m not a fan of Pelosi at all especially after using insider information to make millions for her family, but without question, she’s tough as hell. I wouldn’t want to cross swords with that woman, with that said, I’m not a fan or even like her just a little, but I do respect her crazy @zz.

Sadly she and Trump were fire and Dynamite, which was to be expected from day one.

Old 11-19-2022, 05:50 AM

5,147 posts, read 3,756,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I wouldn't put it past Hillary to be the one that set up Paul Pelosi to be attacked and then use this as a warning to Nancy to step down because she's become a liability to the democrat party. All during the campaign for the Republicans, one of the biggest talking points they would use was how their competitor voted for Nancy Pelosi most of the time, and it's a tactic that worked in their favor. Most people don't like Nancy Pelosi because she comes across as just a bitter and jealous old crony way past her prime.

Worried about her being a liability? Nothing matters anymore. Look at who they just elected in Pennsylvania.
Pelosi is one of the biggest drifters ever in DC. Liar thief and phony. Democrat MO these days.

Old 11-19-2022, 05:50 AM

2,497 posts, read 3,404,556 times
Default Nancy Pelosi = Corrruption

Nancy Pelosi does not get a pass for being corrupted and ROTTEN to the core. Along with her teammates Obama and George Soros, they have no respect or consideration for American citizens and the U.S. Constitution.

She is the reason so many voters want term limits for Congress. No career politicians.

"She deserves respect, she's done so much to serve the country." NO! Nancy the Fraud has only EVER served her own interests.

Old 11-19-2022, 06:08 AM

4,948 posts, read 3,051,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
who used her position to become filthy rich

"Year after year, politicians somehow manage to outperform the market, buying and selling millions in stocks of companies they're supposed to be regulating,"

https://www.businessinsider.com/nanc...stments-2022-7

Old 11-19-2022, 06:19 AM

5,117 posts, read 2,161,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern435 View Post
Nancy Pelosi does not get a pass for being corrupted and ROTTEN to the core. Along with her teammates Obama and George Soros, they have no respect or consideration for American citizens and the U.S. Constitution.

She is the reason so many voters want term limits for Congress. No career politicians.

"She deserves respect, she's done so much to serve the country." NO! Nancy the Fraud has only EVER served her own interests.
Couldn’t have said it better myself. I’m sure the Deep State oligarchs will buy Nancy a nice gold Rolex for all her years of service.

Old 11-19-2022, 06:24 AM

23,972 posts, read 15,075,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
"Year after year, politicians somehow manage to outperform the market, buying and selling millions in stocks of companies they're supposed to be regulating,"

https://www.businessinsider.com/nanc...stments-2022-7

It's not illegal, yet.

Another thing that needs fixing. That bi-partisan bill that forbids congress people and their spouses from trading in individual stocks needs to be passed.

Old 11-19-2022, 06:25 AM

9,504 posts, read 4,339,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
I consider this just another aspect of the way women are harassed elsewhere - like online. It's certainly true that men get insulted, but generally not with such viciousness and such threats, seems to me. (Although maybe some of the threats pertaining to local elections may be a new exception.) It's like it not only anger at her policies or action, but also just that she has the nerve to be so pushy, being a woman.

Nancy Pelosi, vilified by Republicans for years, is a top target of threat
For the better part of two decades, Republicans have targeted Pelosi, the most powerful woman in American politics, as the most sinister Democratic villain of all, making her the evil star of their advertisements and fundraising appeals in hopes of animating their core supporters. The language and images have helped to fuel the flames of anger at Pelosi on the right, fanned increasingly in recent years by a toxic stew of conspiracy theories and misinformation that has thrived on the internet and social media, with little pushback from elected Republicans.
Pelosi is now one of the most threatened members of Congress in the country.
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20...ied-for-years/
Holy crap. If it's not the race card, it's the woman card. Please acknowledge that people of all races and genders are capable of being obnoxious and incompetent. Otherwise, you live a perpetual state of perceived victim hood. This is the result of decades of women being coddled and told they were being suppressed, even what it is obvious they aren't.

My personal opinion of Pelosi is that she is very good at her job,even though I don't agree with her position on many things. That being said, she is no more or less corrupt and greedy than any other politician. It's hard to admire any of them, but I have to give Pelosi credit for her political successes, especially considering that she started her career when women truly were fighting an uphill battle.

Old 11-19-2022, 06:27 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,708,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
I consider this just another aspect of the way women are harassed elsewhere - like online. It's certainly true that men get insulted, but generally not with such viciousness and such threats, seems to me. (Although maybe some of the threats pertaining to local elections may be a new exception.) It's like it not only anger at her policies or action, but also just that she has the nerve to be so pushy, being a woman.

Nancy Pelosi, vilified by Republicans for years, is a top target of threat
For the better part of two decades, Republicans have targeted Pelosi, the most powerful woman in American politics, as the most sinister Democratic villain of all, making her the evil star of their advertisements and fundraising appeals in hopes of animating their core supporters. The language and images have helped to fuel the flames of anger at Pelosi on the right, fanned increasingly in recent years by a toxic stew of conspiracy theories and misinformation that has thrived on the internet and social media, with little pushback from elected Republicans.
Pelosi is now one of the most threatened members of Congress in the country.
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20...ied-for-years/
I don’t agree with any sort of political violence but Pelosi deserves to be vilified, and if she’s worried for her safety she can use some of her $135 Million net worth to pay for better security. If she wasn’t such a smarmy witch people might actually like her.

It didn’t take any “language” or “images” for her to become a target. It took Pelosi being herself. The fact that she wasn’t even reprimanded for her behavior at the SOTU address proves that she and those her support her are a bunch of angry little children.

Old 11-19-2022, 07:49 AM

18,563 posts, read 7,368,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
It's difficult to say how much misogyny is at fault for all the criticism. But even when you disagree with her politics and methods, you have to respect and even admire her political acumen and resiliency.
How is it difficult to say, "Not at all"?

Are Democrats who hate Trump misandrists? The notion is preposterous.

Old 11-19-2022, 07:56 AM

4,948 posts, read 3,051,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
It's not illegal, yet.

Another thing that needs fixing. That bi-partisan bill that forbids congress people and their spouses from trading in individual stocks needs to be passed.

Legality is irrelevant, as it's obviously insider trading; a practice that only creates even more disdain for politicians who recently hired thousands of IRS agents to tax garage and Craigslist sales over $600.
Yes, this is another new economic law; while hypocrites in Washington game their own system on a much larger scale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies