Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2022, 09:28 AM

737 posts, read 410,335 times

Advertisements

This is all about repressed feelings. Simply come out of the closet and stop being so angry

Old 11-21-2022, 09:30 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Groomer has nothing to do with LGBTetc, vast majority of people called Groomers are straight, White, and college educated . There are many gay people who are against teachers pressuring kids to get sex change surgery, taking them to drag shows, etc. I am pro gay rights, pro gun control, and anti groomers. There is no contradiction in that.
Where are they?

No where that helps kids. They don't go to school board meetings, protest drag shows targeting kids.

They don't say anything. And so the straight people are left to defend their kids by themselves. Which means that they are bigoted racist homophobes.

The BEST thing these gay people could do? Go to a school board meeting. SHOW that they are not happy with the agenda.

Old 11-21-2022, 09:31 AM

50,290 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
compared to "lets ban all guns" argument that doesn't get to the root of the problem.
Yes, the "bans" that never banned a dang thing. There is a ban in CA right now and any legal person can buy whatever they want.

Bans have always been symbolic but the gutter level information types believe bans were in place and worked.

Old 11-21-2022, 09:45 AM

50,290 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
So the shooter, who was driven by hatred and intolerance of gay people, is the grandson of an extreme far-right MAGA conservative politician in California.

Anybody surprised? Intolerance breeds intolerance.

That's a stretch all across. Guy was a mayor of a very small town, population not much. The shooter threatened to kill his own mother who wanted him treated for PTSD.

Old 11-21-2022, 09:46 AM

9,504 posts, read 4,340,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
I love when people use made up percentages to try to prove a point and then fail miserably. Your percentages are about as accurate as is the media you are lambasting. Nice job.
I love it when people have such a poor command of the English language that they took an obviously rhetorical number seriously. When I'm using empirical data to prove a point, you'll know it. Of course, when one has no valid counterpoint, some people resort to being pedantic, speaking of failing miserably.

Old 11-21-2022, 09:51 AM

4,661 posts, read 1,951,679 times
Quote:
So the shooter, who was driven by hatred and intolerance of gay people, is the grandson of an extreme far-right MAGA conservative politician in California.

Ok so let say parents are responsible for the behavior of their children. By your definition you accept that Hunter Biden the Drug, perverted sex addict who is very likely a Pedo was made so by his Father the President of the United States. And take into consideration that Joe's own daughter feared taking showers because daddy would sneak into the shower with her.......

As you say PERVERSION breeds PERVERSION

Old 11-21-2022, 09:54 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
That's a stretch all across. Guy was a mayor of a very small town, population not much. The shooter threatened to kill his own mother who wanted him treated for PTSD.
What did this kid have PTSD from?

His mother certainly was trying to get him help, and by "help", I mean making sure he wasn't prosecuted for felonies. Make sure he was free to roam about the cabin.

And Aldrich's grandpa was also State Assemblyman, under the Republican Party, and made several extremely insulting remarks about Jan. 6

Old 11-21-2022, 09:59 AM

9,504 posts, read 4,340,821 times
Quote:

The mainstream media is reporting that the motive for the shootings isn't yet known. Do you have access to some sort of inside information the rest of us don't? Or, are you just making up random crap because it validates some whacko left-wing inspired agenda you've come to embrace? I'm pretty sure I know the answer. Let's see if you're self aware enough to answer accurately.

Old 11-21-2022, 10:05 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yes, it is true -- like all stats, they are manipulated.

But I still think if you isolate the random, non gang related or criminal activity related mass shootings, the USA has a significant problem. And that discussion is important. And we can argue mental health issues...but often we don't know until AFTER the mass shooting. Sure sometimes there is a sign, but nobody wants Red Flag or to enforce Red Flag......I don't know.

I guess we just accept life in the USA.

And I will wonder off topic a bit...one way to stop criminals from getting guns is to stop leaving a gun bought legally in an unlocked car.

It's a problem in our town. Responsible (cough, cough) gun owners leave their guns in their unlocked cars overnight and then complain when they are 'broken into' (they don't have to break anything -- they open the door and look there it is). Our community police have a whole campaign of "It's 9 o'clock time to secure your vehicle and your valuables and guns in your car."
You really hit on the key point when you say "enforce".

That's really the problem imo around the country and that pertains to red flag as well as other serious crimes.

Frankly, I'm concerned that with surging crime there is political pressure to downgrade charges so that they don't show up in crime stats. Dropping charges, downgrading felonies to misdemeanors etc. Hard to get red flagged when they won't even prosecute you with stuff to get you listed as such.

Old 11-21-2022, 10:09 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,439,510 times
The shooter has been charged with bias-motivated crimes causing bodily injury (Colorado version of hate crime). No mention of evidence underlying the charges as of yet.

https://www.wsbradio.com/news/nation...A4DOH6WKCZJXU/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies