Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2022, 05:36 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,237,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Today, November 20th, is the Transgender Day of Rememberance.

32 Trans people have been murdered this year, just in the USA, over 300 in the past 10 years. At least 15 by police or while incarcerated.

This targeted genocide in America (and around the world) must stop.

The attacks by right wing extremists in the US government must stop.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...2/10710530002/
By this standard (32 murders), EVERY Monday would be a Day of Remembrance for those murdered the preceding weekend in Chicago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2022, 05:40 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,951,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
Right wing extremists. Lol. 12 of them were killed by their own lover and a lover spat. Three of them I believe were killed because they didn’t tell who they with they were packing a sausage until after the fact, and by the way that’s considered a form of rape. And the rest are probably just murdered at the same conditional rate that anyone in the public could be murder at. This post is pure nonsense.
I think some of you need better reading comprehension. I did NOT anywhere say trans were killed by right wing extremists.

I SAID, "The attacks by right wing extremists IN THE GOVERNMENT, must stop." Meaning Abbot, Desantis, Bobert, Taylor-Green and their ilk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Your post is disgusting as a Christian and homeschool mom. Saying “Jesus saves” is simply stating a fact and just bc you have an extremely skewed and perverse image of God does not make that the truth. Guess what, Jesus embraced all BUT he also told them to turn from their sins. You strive to bring everyone into the fold with you. I damn sure am teaching my kids what God intended for marriage and procreation and what is an abomination. But unlike you I am not teaching hatred of anyone. You want to cancel and accuse anyone who dares call out the truth of the LGBT mental illness being forced on the masses. I will not stand for it.
And yet your post is filled with venom and hate. Too.

As usual the gaslighting and red herrings are rampant here, not just your post Andrea.

Disgusting, is everywhere I go I have christianity shoved in my face. "Jesus Saves," is NOT truth. It is dogma of religious cultists who still believe in diety from thousands of years ago despite mountains of evidence otherwise. Cultism I might add that is responsible for the deaths of tens of millions through the ages, and the cause of most human suffering on the planet.

I am not "striving to bring anyone anyplace," I'm just making the argument that just because christians believe something doesn't make it so. There is NO "sin" in someone who is lgbtq or who supports their right to exist.

I reiterate, if you are home shooling your kids in christian dogma and sharia style law without exposing them to other view points, you are in fact indoctrinating and grooming them into your cult.

I am not teaching hatred. I am pointing out the hatred in page after page, thread after thread, into the hundreds in this forum of so-called christians debasing and villifying transgendered and gay people on a daily and hourly basis. Trans and gay people are not mentally ill, that is a manisfestation of christian extremist hate dogma.

I am not the one telling people to shut up or cancelling them. I'm not asking for you to be silenced. But YOU accuse me falsely. THAT is a sin.

And like you I won't stand for the lies and perversions of the truth.

NOT ONE of you so-called christians has simply said, "I'm sorry that 300 trans people have been murdered over the past 10 years." NOT ONE.

NOT ONE has even simply said RIP.

I think some of you need to go to church more often and learn some compassion.

Last edited by jamies; 11-20-2022 at 05:49 PM..

Old 11-20-2022, 05:50 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:

As usual the gaslighting and red herrings are rampant here, not just your post Andrea.

Disgusting, is everywhere I go I have christianity shoved in my face. "Jesus Saves," is NOT truth. It is dogma of religious cultists who still believe in diety from thousands of years ago despite mountains of evidence otherwise. Cultism I might add that is responsible for the deaths of tens of millions through the ages, and the cause of most human suffering on the planet.

I am not "striving to bring anyone anyplace," I'm just making the argument that just because christians believe something doesn't make it so. There is NO "sin" in someone who is lgbtq or who supports their right to exist.

I reiterate, if you are home shooling your kids in christian dogma and sharia style law without exposing them to other view points, you are in fact indoctrinating and grooming them into your cult.

I am not teaching hatred. I am pointing out the hatred in page after page, thread after thread, into the hundreds in this forum of so-called christians debasing and villifying transgendered and gay people on a daily and hourly basis. Trans and gay people are not mentally ill, that is a manisfestation of christian extremist hate dogma.

I am not the one telling people to shut up or cancelling them. I'm not asking for you to be silenced. But YOU accuse me falsely. THAT is a sin.

NOT ONE of you so-called christians has simply said, "I'm sorry that 300 trans people have been murdered over the past 10 years." NOT ONE.

Such a useless post. Congrats.

You have not said that the 300+ people in the last 2 months should RIP. NOT ONE!

Why?

Old 11-20-2022, 05:52 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,985 times
Quote:

Did you somehow miss how literally everyone who made a comment about this said nobody should be murdered? How are trans people in particular not to be murdered? Do you support murder of Christians in other countries? That is literally genocide….

Funny how you said I spew hatred, where exactly? Why do you care so much to make an issue of this?

Also if you think people get their religiosity from church, you are sadly mistaken. WE are the Church. I don’t need a preacher to tell me what to do or sermonize me. I have the Bible and a direct line to God through prayer. You might want to try it and find out what God really is like rather than whatever lies you’ve been shown in your life about the nature of God. You have a chip on your shoulder and I actually wish the mods would shut this down as it’s clearly an outcropping of a mental health issue.

Old 11-20-2022, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Such a useless post. Congrats.

You have not said that the 300+ people in the last 2 months should RIP. NOT ONE!

Why?
Really feel like this is just a massive attempt at trolling and offending people on purpose. The entire OP is verbal diarrhea based on emotions and lies he believes.

Old 11-20-2022, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Really feel like this is just a massive attempt at trolling and offending people on purpose. The entire OP is verbal diarrhea based on emotions and lies he believes.
NO it is NOT trolling. That's your answer I guess to anyone who disagrees with your opinion and can string descriptive words together. I am not, have not intentionally offended anyone. I have spoken well articulated and widely held beliefs. You may disagree and that is your right.

But your opinion is to accuse someone who heavily disagrees with your view and brings legitimate arguments of "trolling." As a way of ending the voice of an opposing viewpoint.

I'm not basing anything on emotions, beyond legitimate response to numerous attacks upon me.

This is a typical example of people trying to silence someone with whom they disagree.

Maybe it's time to lock the thread.

Last edited by jamies; 11-20-2022 at 06:10 PM..

Old 11-20-2022, 06:08 PM

Quote:
NO it is NOT trolling. That's your answer I guess to anyone who disagrees and can string descriptive words together.

Your opinion of verbal diarrhea is to accuse someone who heavily disagrees with your view and brings legitimate arguments of "trolling."

Not basing anything on emotions, beyond legitimate response to numerous attacks upon me.
You have zero legitimate anything in your posts. Just hatred. Real hatred toward people of faith.

Of course your words will be attacked when you’re not making any sense. It’s just hyperbole and a really hate-filled type of gaslighting.

Just bc the powers that be claim that gender dysmorphia is no longer a mental illness does not make it so. The APA is corrupt and has an extreme left-wing bias.

You want to start making some sense? Explain why this murder of 32 is a genocide when there is no evidence that these were so-called hate crimes. Why is this something in particular we should be concerned about beyond allll the other murders committed for various reasons on a daily basis? I bet you don’t give a rat’s behind about abortion either, amiright?

Old 11-20-2022, 06:09 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Not in the link, it's my comment.

Greg Abbot, Desantis, Taylor-Green, Donald Trump, Rand Paul, and many, many more have, and are making hate an open season on transgendered people, and acceptable by other extreme bigots and religious zealots.

Don't shoot the messenger, I just call / post as I see it, as a human being. Some folks here ought to consider their humanity and put it ahead of derrision and hate for others.
I realize that you probably are told in the websites that you visit what you should be posting around the internet, but you really need to inform yourself, and not depend on others who use you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The majority of trans woman who are murdered are black, many are sex workers. Sex work is a very dangerous occupation. It’s very sad but it is not indicative of an attack by white wing extremists.
Exactly, sex work is dangerous for anyone engaging in it, especially on the streets, and especially when they may "present" as something they are not.

I believe that sex work should be legalized.

Quote:

1. Where are you going that you are having these problems with Christianity? Stop going there. Religions greatly vary in what they believe, so maybe you should really take a look at what the different faiths believe, and look for one that will be accepting of who you are. Now, if you are going into churches to "challenge" their beliefs, you get what you deserve.

2. You are showing your ignorance of religion when you state that religion is responsible for most of the human suffering in the world, as that isn't true. Where are you reading these lies and erroneous "facts"?

3. You seem to "hate" Christians and the Christian theology, and that is fine, but why waste your energy. If you don't believe in Christianity, the beliefs of certain faiths, what they believe isn't your concern. If you feel your life is not sinful or that of others, just move on. Many Christians commit sins regularly, so sin isn't the big deal you imply it is.

4. Know that using "hate" and "hatred" are simply "buzz" words that have lost their meaning.

5. Those who are gay were considered to have a mental illness, but after shout downs at psychiatric conferences, it was removed as a mental illness, also they could find no way to "cure" the condition. With transgendered, I am sure that you know that the condition is considered body dymorphia.

6. I would like to see sex workers legalized, as that would help. Just google for transgendered sex workers.

7. It is unfortunate that there are so many murders. People in general have become desensitized to stories of murders due to the constant stream of stories of murders.

I am guessing that you are young, and really don't know what the world is like yet. Be careful of the websites that will use you to spread falsehoods. If you want a religion, search for one that will accept you as you are, I am sure you will find one. Religions vary so much. If you believe in your heart that your feelings are true, you will have to learn to be confident in that feeling, and just not give a crap what others say or feel about the way you are or live your life.

Old 11-20-2022, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I realize that you probably are told in the websites that you visit what you should be posting around the internet, but you really need to inform yourself, and not depend on others who use you.

Exactly, sex work is dangerous for anyone engaging in it, especially on the streets, and especially when they may "present" as something they are not.

I believe that sex work should be legalized.

1. Where are you going that you are having these problems with Christianity? Stop going there. Religions greatly vary in what they believe, so maybe you should really take a look at what the different faiths believe, and look for one that will be accepting of who you are. Now, if you are going into churches to "challenge" their beliefs, you get what you deserve.

Excuse me, I am not going anywhere to challenge beliefs. I have simply refuted the untruths being posted and the villification of myself.

2. You are showing your ignorance of religion when you state that religion is responsible for most of the human suffering in the world, as that isn't true. Where are you reading these lies and erroneous "facts"?

OMG, you can't be serious. From the Roman's to the Crusades to WWII, I'll save the rest.

3. You seem to "hate" Christians and the Christian theology, and that is fine, but why waste your energy. If you don't believe in Christianity, the beliefs of certain faiths, what they believe isn't your concern. If you feel your life is not sinful or that of others, just move on. Many Christians commit sins regularly, so sin isn't the big deal you imply it is.

You are correct I don't like false christians. Hate, no. More like Loathe.

4. Know that using "hate" and "hatred" are simply "buzz" words that have lost their meaning.

Yeah, I guess you're right. I'll work on that.

5. Those who are gay were considered to have a mental illness, but after shout downs at psychiatric conferences, it was removed as a mental illness, also they could find no way to "cure" the condition. With transgendered, I am sure that you know that the condition is considered body dymorphia.

Back in the 50's before more modern studies vindicated the injustices, most usually brought in the name of religion.

6. I would like to see sex workers legalized, as that would help. Just google for transgendered sex workers.

7. It is unfortunate that there are so many murders. People in general have become desensitized to stories of murders due to the constant stream of stories of murders.

True, understood and accepted.

I am guessing that you are young, and really don't know what the world is like yet. Be careful of the websites that will use you to spread falsehoods. If you want a religion, search for one that will accept you as you are, I am sure you will find one. Religions vary so much. If you believe in your heart that your feelings are true, you will have to learn to be confident in that feeling, and just not give a crap what others say or feel about the way you are or live your life.
Thank you for your comment. This folks, is known as MAKING an argument, not HAVING one.

Old 11-20-2022, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Did you somehow miss how literally everyone who made a comment about this said nobody should be murdered? How are trans people in particular not to be murdered? Do you support murder of Christians in other countries? That is literally genocide….

Funny how you said I spew hatred, where exactly? Why do you care so much to make an issue of this?

Also if you think people get their religiosity from church, you are sadly mistaken. WE are the Church. I don’t need a preacher to tell me what to do or sermonize me. I have the Bible and a direct line to God through prayer. You might want to try it and find out what God really is like rather than whatever lies you’ve been shown in your life about the nature of God. You have a chip on your shoulder and I actually wish the mods would shut this down as it’s clearly an outcropping of a mental health issue.
Wow! There's a red herring. What does christians being murdered in other countries have to do with this?

Where did I say YOU "spewed" hatred. You are again putting words I did not say or allude to.

So, let me understand. You DON'T go to church? Humm, but you have a DIRECT line to God, kinda like Jerry Falwell?

So you think I have a chip on my shoulder, because I state widely held beliefs and because you believe I should be silenced for disagreeing with you? And because I disagree with what I see as an abhorrent lifestyle of religious control and servitude.

Isn't that exactly what you accused me of awhile back? Of "cancelling" you. LOL

I take an affront at your alluding I am mentally ill because I speak out, and you disagree with me. I believe you have been brainwashed by religious extremism.

I did not intend for this thread to go off the rails. It was a MEMORIAL of sorts, and a demand for action. Instead it turned into pages of personal attacks on me.

So I agree, maybe it's time to lock it. I have requested such. I get no joy in arguing with you. And this is going nowhere. So have a nice rest of your evening. I'm out.

Last edited by jamies; 11-20-2022 at 07:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies