Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2022, 11:17 AM

1,052 posts, read 451,761 times

Advertisements

The number of people disenfranchised in Maricopa county due to "faulty" ballot machines could easily be tens of thousands. That is more than enough to sway the governor's race.

If this happened to majority democrat voters, rest assured Biden's DOJ would have already raided the county to fight "voter suppression."

Old 11-20-2022, 11:18 AM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pryvete View Post
I'll believe something meaningfully substantive and conviction restoring has happened when we're not hearing stories about 30% of ballot tabulators 'malfunctioning', voters being made to wait for hours on end only to be instructed that they put their votes aside in some box on the pretence that they'll be counted eventually, and the nigh endless cavalcade of unvetted mail in 'ballots' that just seem to flood in almost entirely for the Democrat candidate for days to weeks on end. Crap like that when you have other, larger states, such as Texas and Florida counting their votes in a timely efficient manner deteriorates trust in the voting system.
1. Those votes were counted

2. There is a policy to verify these mail in ballots. In fact that is why it took time to count the ballots. Thw mail in ballots tend to lean Democratic because Democrats are more likely to vote by mail. However, that isn't always the case in fact in AZ-01 the Democrats led most of the way and it was the late mail-in and drop off ballot count that helped put the GOP in the lead and ultimately holding onto the seat.

Old 11-20-2022, 11:20 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,766,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
They requested (says so right in the letter). There is no mention of delaying certification. The AG does not have that authority. This request came from a partisan who is about to lose her job.

It is mentioned, if you actually read the entire thing. IT won't be delayed "AS LONG AS" the report is submitted on time.

"Wright said the report must be submitted before election results can be properly certified."

Old 11-20-2022, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
There were NO malfunctions of "voting machines" (assuming tabulators as AZ does not use "voting machines". The issue was that some printers in all parts of the county, not just R districts, printed too light for the tabulators to reliably read onsite. The tabulators did what they were programmed to and rejected those ballots. Those ballots were put to the side for later counting. They have been counted. All by the book.
You may want to let the Attorney General know this, as he seems to think there were multiple issues.....hence the investigation.

Old 11-20-2022, 11:33 AM

SO what I gather from the comments here is Democrats are against voter suppression is it results in Democrats voters not voting, but are okay with it when it is Republican voters who end up not voting.

Interesting how that works.

For the record, I have little to no doubt Lake lost. What I am looking for is all these states who always seem to have issues and abnormalities to take steps to correct these issues and get the results in the same night.

We need to get with the times and I don't care which side is involved. It's 2022 and we should be able to have elections where people vote with proper ID and then get those votes counted by the end of the night.

It's not rocket science to do this.

Old 11-20-2022, 11:36 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
She may have lost or she may have won. I have no idea which one is correct, as not everyone was allowed to vote.

Either way, you can't just turn people aways at the polls, telling them to just go home and forget about voting.

It is good they investigate this prior to certifying the results.

The only way I can see this being corrected, is to let the people who were denied their right to vote to actually cast their vote.

How do we accomplish this? Redo the election with all eyes and cameras on 100% of the county polling locations. Once that is done, count the ballots now that EVERYONE got to vote and then certify whomever won.

My guess is they won't do that. They will just certify an election where they know they prevented people from voting.
Careful now --- Lake supporters claim they were turned away....but we don't know if they are being honest.

Old 11-20-2022, 11:42 AM

9,512 posts, read 9,077,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Only because their candidate lost. Trump wanted a redo in 2020 when he lost too.
Did Hillary lose in 2016? Stacey Abrams in 2018 and 2022? Beto in 2018 and 2022?

Old 11-20-2022, 11:49 AM

1,346 posts, read 472,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
1. Those votes were counted

2. There is a policy to verify these mail in ballots. In fact that is why it took time to count the ballots. Thw mail in ballots tend to lean Democratic because Democrats are more likely to vote by mail. However, that isn't always the case in fact in AZ-01 the Democrats led most of the way and it was the late mail-in and drop off ballot count that helped put the GOP in the lead and ultimately holding onto the seat.

It doesn't require days to weeks on end for a verification process to occur. To argue so only speaks to the efficiency of Arizona process, be it intentional (which I believe) or no. Such a phenomenon is only recent.

The apportionment of these votes in the so called 'box three' was noted by election experts and an election clerk attesting to obfuscatory misplacing of counted with uncounted ballots with a lack of firm confirmation as to the number of total legal votes. The same election expert testified to an estimated 351,000 GOP not being tabulated with a mere 17,000 votes projected to be in this peculiar box; mind you this is with a 30% tabulation error obstructing the voting process and prompting the 'need' for said box in the first place.

Generally speaking Democrats vote in greater proportion by mail-in ballots but not to the extent that an overwhelmingly massive percentage is from them. Mind you I can attest to my own anecdotal experiences with mail-in ballots as I received one in the mail, despite having never made such a request. Meanwhile my disabled family member who has difficulty getting around never received one despite being a prime candidate for one even without this insistent push to normalise it.

Old 11-20-2022, 12:17 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pryvete View Post
It doesn't require days to weeks on end for a verification process to occur. To argue so only speaks to the efficiency of Arizona process, be it intentional (which I believe) or no. Such a phenomenon is only recent.

The apportionment of these votes in the so called 'box three' was noted by election experts and an election clerk attesting to obfuscatory misplacing of counted with uncounted ballots with a lack of firm confirmation as to the number of total legal votes. The same election expert testified to an estimated 351,000 GOP not being tabulated with a mere 17,000 votes projected to be in this peculiar box; mind you this is with a 30% tabulation error obstructing the voting process and prompting the 'need' for said box in the first place.

Generally speaking Democrats vote in greater proportion by mail-in ballots but not to the extent that an overwhelmingly massive percentage is from them. Mind you I can attest to my own anecdotal experiences with mail-in ballots as I received one in the mail, despite having never made such a request. Meanwhile my disabled family member who has difficulty getting around never received one despite being a prime candidate for one even without this insistent push to normalise it.
No, this is nothing new. The verification process for mail in ballots and the drop offs is nothing new and is AZ law.

Lets make up numbers ahh, Maricopa GOP officials must be in on this conspiracy as well....

Old 11-20-2022, 12:25 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,573,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Name one S.O.S of either party that has ever recused themselves?

The S.O.S doesn't count the votes. The votes are counted on the county level and Maricopa officials including the Supervisor are Republican.
All the more reason she should have recused herself to remove all suspicion of misbehavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies