Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2022, 07:37 AM

15,864 posts, read 6,320,150 times

Advertisements

So I got to thinking aout the possible safety precautions against vehicles being used to rip 6 year olds in half in their classrooms. I think we can eliminate that risk completely. Obviously, there is already not enough clearance to drive a vehicle down a hallway and make the turn to go through the door. Even if there was the doors are too narrow. I would say this is the first layer of protection. It's not absolute as the vehicle can gain entry via a wall. *. I say we reinforce the walls.

How do people who don't see any difference between a motor vehicle accident and the intentional murders of children any different plan to eliminate this risk of gun ownership. Also, if you don't think reinforcing the walls would help them I am open to other remedies. I would appreciate it if you wouldn't nay say any of my solutions without offering some of your own. It kinda makes you look like you don't care about anyone else and just want to shoot down any possible solutions.

*https://www.popularmechanics.com/sci...house-9451108/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2022, 07:43 AM

If guns don't kill people but people kill people should we keep the guns out of the hands of people who kill people?

Old 11-22-2022, 07:48 AM

10,845 posts, read 4,525,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

The point that the OP is making and I think it is a good comparison is that IF the guns were taken away, if the knives and other weapons were taken away the deranged losers would turn to cars to murder people.

actually, close...my point was if you use a car to take out many...you have the ability to claim brakes went out, hit the wrong pedal, sun in eyes etc. but push comes to shove, at the end of the day you CANNOT be charged with state and federal firearms violations which is often a separate set of penalties and/or penalty multipliers...using a firearm in a crime is much like getting the powerball multiplier (not that I have ANY experience in that)...

....and of course unlike a firearm where someone would shoot back, someone is not likely to ram you back - or else it would be.....demolition derby.

whomever said it was 100% right - trigger city - which makes me think there is a nerve there, close to home and all that

Old 11-22-2022, 07:56 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,109 times
We need a car control bill passed through Congress.

Old 11-22-2022, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
We need a car control bill passed through Congress.
You're just a shrill for the crash test dummies.

Old 11-22-2022, 08:11 AM

24,481 posts, read 17,220,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
actually, close...my point was if you use a car to take out many...you have the ability to claim brakes went out, hit the wrong pedal, sun in eyes etc. but push comes to shove, at the end of the day you CANNOT be charged with state and federal firearms violations which is often a separate set of penalties and/or penalty multipliers...using a firearm in a crime is much like getting the powerball multiplier (not that I have ANY experience in that)...

That is true.

In the Rittenhouse case the Left was fixated on the idea that he had carried that rifle across state lines but what if instead of a rifle he had driven a car and as he was trying to get away from the people that were attacking him and trying to kill him, he had no choice but to step on that gas and run 2 over with that car and killed them? Would it have been such a big deal that he had driven that deadly weapon across the state line?

I have been to that shopping center in Hingham where the car crashed through the Apple store and it is a tightly packed and usually busy parking lot. It would be tough to get up enough speed on accident to crash through that store but I have heard reports on the local news that the car accelerated to 50-60 mph to jump the curb and go into the store. It is looking more and more like this "accident" was intentional but WHY do I have a feeling that the driver will be pleading NOT Guilty?

Of course when it comes to firearms being used in say a school shooting it is easy to say, well if the guy didn't have a gun those kids would still be alive BUT if someone is that evil, that deranged what will stop them from driving a car through a group of kids that are waiting to get on the school bus? What is to stop that guy from forcing his way onto a bus loaded with little kids and going seat to seat with a machete?

It is true that when someone uses a gun in a killing spree that it is like hitting the lottery for the media and the Anti Gun movement but it is odd how silent they are when it comes to the shooting deaths over a typical weekend in some of our cities. ?

Old 11-22-2022, 08:14 AM

The left was focused on how that situation came to be. That's the first step in solving the problem, no?

Old 11-22-2022, 08:21 AM

18,010 posts, read 27,456,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
No need to ban all cars, just assault cars.
That's good. : )

Old 11-22-2022, 08:23 AM

30,429 posts, read 21,241,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
If guns don't kill people but people kill people should we keep the guns out of the hands of people who kill people?
That will never work kirk. Bad peeps will always get guns. Plus most cars have boxes so they can see what really went down.

Old 11-22-2022, 08:34 AM

15,069 posts, read 8,629,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesclues5 View Post
What car travels faster than a bullet?
And you talk about stupid comparisons? Tell us, what bullet weighs 4,000 lbs?

You are clearly ignoring the obvious point that the OP was making, which is simply highlighting the fact that people who want to kill other people have an endless number of ways they can do it. From bare hands to baseball bats, cars, swords, knives, rope, poison, the list is virtually endless. This brings us to the point you leftists are loath to admit … you apparently believe that the way to eliminate murder is by getting rid of guns, failing to note thousands of years of history which shows mass murder has been around long before the discovery of gun powder, so getting rid of guns is not going to solve the problem of murderers committing murder, any more than banning ice cream could possibly eliminate obesity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies