Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2022, 11:41 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,398,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
are they? they're likely far more knowledgeable about current fads, trends and music, but other than that, i doubt it.
Had you watched you would have seen one guy run categories about space and physics like nobodies business. To compete on Jeopardy you actually have to put the effort in to succeed. The Bible is probably one of the most frequent categories there is. Those people know the Bible even though many aren't even Christian. Too much of it is TV and Hollywood. Enteric for me but to say somebody like Amy Schneider or James Holzhauer don't h@ve vast reservoirs of knowledge is ignorant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2022, 05:59 PM

15,427 posts, read 7,482,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Why should someone who refuses to even identify womanhood be remembered? Not a memorable person. Especially after a hundred fifty years of actual brave women putting their necks on the line so women COULD be recognized.
Ketanji Jackson knows what a woman is. When she was asked the question by some stupid Republican nothing, it was a gotcha question that would be used to beat up other people, and possibly Jackson.

Old 11-22-2022, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
The bolded are the only things she was nominated for so there's no reason to remember anything more than that about her. We know the only relevant thing about her identity(as far as Biden was concerned) and we know how she'll vote. Everything else is just noise.
That description also applies to Amy Coney Barrett, who was nominated because she's a woman who will reliably vote for the positions Trump supported.

Old 11-22-2022, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Ah...so you remember names based on rumor and slander.

Others remember names based on accomplishments.
Clarence Thomas had no accomplishments, other than being a Conservative Black attorney who harassed women.

Old 11-22-2022, 08:04 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
They couldn't identify Jackson and Jackson could not couldn't identify what a woman is. The irony.

Old 11-22-2022, 08:10 PM

1,368 posts, read 489,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
I can understand why this happened — it’s not like she’s a remarkable person or has accomplished anything significant. She just happens to be a black woman and was chosen for the role due to her race and gender.
I think her radical leanings were probably the biggest "must" on their list ... her being black woman was the frosting on the cake

Old 11-22-2022, 09:56 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
I can't think of her name at the moment either. I do know she's a Black woman, which is obviously more important than her name, qualifications, or political leanings.
Her being black is actually why all that matters.

Its weird that we always ask the political question of "Who understands me" and then pretend like that question isnt different for every person. Black people are 13% of the population, and there does need to be people in power who understand the ends and outs of the black community at least in some capacity.

I just did a paper on Chemical spills and enviromental issues in Northern Alabama(by north I mean Birmingham), South Los Angeles , and Flint Michigan and how black children have higher rates of certain ilnnesses that come directly from these incidents. Sometimes it takes talking to someone in the community to understand how things work there, because some of you cant think outside the box enough to even understand.

Using the Texas incident a couple of years ago, black people who lived near the Exxon plant that malfuctioned were denied care at local hospitals because the white people didnt want to lose their Exxon Jobs. That case is going to probably ened up atthe supreme court, and its going to indeed take someone like KBJ to explain to white people that black people's health was put on the back burner.

Old 11-23-2022, 04:39 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Just a swipe at the political media.They should be learning that neither them or the R&D they cover are the superstars that they think they are. Its like the comic nerd press being surprised that normal folks don't know that one guy had a comic book before his clone character from the other company who was in a movie first.
I don't like starting a new thread with no comment from the poster.

If it is important enough for them to post it, they should at least give some opinion on it.

Old 11-23-2022, 05:50 AM

9,453 posts, read 5,212,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
All the press she got, for what?

Sparks debate. These people just won't quit, will they?
I am surprised Amy didn't know the answer though.

Old 11-23-2022, 05:51 AM

9,453 posts, read 5,212,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Clarence Thomas had no accomplishments, other than being a Conservative Black attorney who harassed women.
allegedly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies