Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Democrats: what is the most important issue facing our country
Ukraine 2 5.88%
Abortion 5 14.71%
Climate Change 16 47.06%
Trump 8 23.53%
LGB^/transgenderism 3 8.82%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2022, 10:00 AM

10,531 posts, read 6,165,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderling View Post
You need an "Other" option, as many people are more concerned with other things you didn't list. Economy? Health care and/or education and/or tax policy? Or are you only asking us to choose from among those you select D?

Agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2022, 10:21 AM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
Forgive them, for they know not.

Honest, sincere conversation with a modicum of intelligence.

Fear not, there are plenty of good Republicans that share our concerns for this country. They are not here, apparently.

I find it interesting that you (and others) do not seem to understand that much of what we face is the outcome of collective forces, uncontrollable by politics. I know it is natural for you to want to blame; I see a lot of that here. In truth, we all deal with poor decision making done in the face of too little information or time. There is no one to blame, and the divisiveness between our political parties makes the situations worse.

If you truly cared about this country's future, you would be seeking common grounds and ways we could work together.
Addressing the latter. Why don't you tell that to the Democrats in congress who fought Trump all the way during his presidency? There are things that cannot be compromised on to if it negatively impacts our own citizens.

Old 11-22-2022, 10:32 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Racism, specifically against whites, should have been included in the poll. It's appalling how widespread it is and how many people - including politicians - openly support it.

White Supremacy? A few backwoods hillbillies in jacked-up trucks are hardly a problem worth wasting any time on. It's pretty much non-existent, except in the minds of folks who live in a world of perceived perpetual victim-hood.
Says the person who feels like he is a victim of racism against whites. How does that even work?

Old 11-22-2022, 10:33 AM

4,299 posts, read 1,556,670 times
None of those.

The ongoing mistrust of the electoral process by both sides and the growing gap between the rich and the poor with no middle class are the biggest issues IMO.

We have parties who both shout foul when an election goes against them. Sooner or later that will have grave consequences for the nation.

Old 11-22-2022, 10:36 AM

1,154 posts, read 274,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderling View Post
You need an "Other" option, as many people are more concerned with other things you didn't list. Economy? Health care and/or education and/or tax policy? Or are you only asking us to choose from among those you select D?

I agree and would vote OTHER because the economy is terrible on a global level. People need to be able to heat their homes, to be able to BUY homes in the first place, and to eat. The rest doesn't matter to me as much. I think going green is ridiculous during times of economic hardship and I really don't care what happens to Trump. Overturning Roe was a huge step backwards but right now being able to live is of paramount importance.

Old 11-22-2022, 03:21 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,550,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Addressing the latter. Why don't you tell that to the Democrats in congress who fought Trump all the way during his presidency? There are things that cannot be compromised on to if it negatively impacts our own citizens.
Old Glory, I do write my Congresswoman and Senators frequently about protecting the interests of the working people. As for Trump, I do not think he was for the working people. There, we disagree.

Old 11-22-2022, 05:42 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
Old Glory, I do write my Congresswoman and Senators frequently about protecting the interests of the working people. As for Trump, I do not think he was for the working people. There, we disagree.
And you base your comment on what? Trump at least tried to keep these foreigner invaders out of our county to retain American jobs, taxes and resources. That's not protecting the interests of the working people? He also gave tax cuts across the board. Unemployment was very low to until Covid hit. There were many things he did but I'm not going to list them all here.

Old 11-22-2022, 06:04 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,756,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
You forgot the Options:
  • Racism
  • White Supremacy
It was on there. TRUMP

Old 11-22-2022, 06:05 PM

984 posts, read 442,423 times
Economy and health care.

Old 11-22-2022, 07:07 PM

4,563 posts, read 4,101,921 times
Artificial scarcity created by elites to pit one group of people against another.

This is at the very root of most problems we face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies