Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2022, 03:10 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
...this is America and they have a right to call an ahole an ahole.
In a nutshell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2022, 03:12 PM

2,414 posts, read 2,987,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easternman View Post
I personally would be perfectly OK with the LGBTQXYZ crowd and all the mutant BS being dumped six feet underground, should I be ashamed now?
It's clear that people think this, but I still found the admission shocking. Like publicly showing off a white hood with pride. Not that kind of pride. Should you be ashamed? Should you be ashamed for wishing death on a whole minority? I know how I would answer that. And now I know how you would answer that.

Old 11-22-2022, 03:12 PM

17,302 posts, read 12,245,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
That's exactly what happened with Hallmark. The network was attacked and demanded to change it's product to serve a specific group. And it did.

A higher up left and started a network to target that original audience. And LGBTQ are attacking that product also, and demanding that the new product be changed also.
You have that story entirely backwards.

Hallmark ran a Zola wedding planner ad with a Lesbian wedding in it. Conservatives(One Million* Moms) lost their absolute minds and demanded the ad be pulled because it wasn't "family friendly". They also criticized him for his openness to movies with gay characters. Bill Abbott originally caved to them and pulled the ad. But more people objected to the ad being pulled, so it was aired again. He then resigned after the bungled response. He is now CEO of GAC.

The LGBTQ were not the attackers.

https://nypost.com/2020/01/23/hallma...an-ad-debacle/
https://www.moms.com/one-million-mom...lmark-channel/

Old 11-22-2022, 03:13 PM

16,587 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
At least 10% of its state lawmakers identify publicly as LGBTQ, believed to be a first for any U.S. legislature.

https://apnews.com/article/2022-midt...c2231f6bb22377

California -- always ahead of the curve.

The pictured flag is likely to become the official California state flag sooner than later.
Aside from virtue signaling, and the fact the ever growing acronym includes everything and the kitchen sink (except of course normal men/women who are hetero), national stats show that those who identify as homo only make up 2-3% of the population, and those who identify as trans were a miniscule 0.7%
So if CA has 10% in their state legislature, it either means they are better politicians than heteros, or they are claiming to be of one of the LGGBDTTTIQQAAPP2+ which is of course continuing to grow at an exponential rate.

Old 11-22-2022, 03:13 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
Nothing would happen because that notion isn't based in anything resembling reality.
It is.

Hallmark: We offer Christian based movies with traditional values.
LGBTQ: You need to have gay scripts, gay storylines and promote gay movies.
Hallmark: Now offering LGBTQ Movies

Christian bookstore: We offer Christian based books with traditional values.
LGBTQ: You need to have gay books with gay storylines and promote gay books
Christian bookstore: Now offering LGBTQ Books

It's EXACTLY the same thing. A group is dictating what products a company can sell.

What if a Hispanic group went to an Asian art gallery and said, "Huh. You don't have any Hispanic artists or Hispanic art. You MUST offer Hispanic Art."

It's an Asian gallery. Is the expectation that the gallery change its inventory and target audience [people who are interested Asian art] because ... why?

Old 11-22-2022, 03:17 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,805,058 times
Quote:
It is.

It's EXACTLY the same thing. A group is dictating what products a company can sell.

What if a Hispanic group went to an Asian art gallery and said, "Huh. You don't have any Hispanic artists or Hispanic art. You MUST offer Hispanic Art."

It's an Asian gallery. Is the expectation that the gallery change its inventory and target audience [people who are interested Asian art] because ... why?
They don’t have to, they CHOOSE to. They could say no. If they don’t, then that’s their decision. Why are you against businesses deciding for themselves what products/services they offer?

Old 11-22-2022, 03:18 PM

Quote:
I don't know about about him, I personally would be perfectly OK with the LGBTQXYZ crowd and all the mutant BS being dumped six feet underground, should I be ashamed now?
Assuming you have the capacity...

Old 11-22-2022, 03:19 PM

5,044 posts, read 2,398,941 times
Quote:
It is.

You could say on one hand if they are that devout and take their homophobia seriously they wouldn't budge. On the other side you could say if they changed programming and it is working out they are just a corporation selling content. If it works out in the long run maybe it is studied as the greatest move ever made at Hallmark.

You realize you can just record the shows you like right?

Old 11-22-2022, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
The LGBTQ were not the attackers.
For those used to privilege, equality feels like an attack.

Old 11-22-2022, 03:27 PM

15,431 posts, read 7,487,193 times
Quote:
I don't know about about him, I personally would be perfectly OK with the LGBTQXYZ crowd and all the mutant BS being dumped six feet underground, should I be ashamed now? Society worked perfectly well enough with gay bars here and there in the cities and with the Castro in SF being a center for them to live happily packed like sardines with each other in their mini Weimar.

Yeah, I would be perfectly OK with my little kid being left alone by the drag mutants and my TV showing me normal family movies like in the dark middle ages of the 80s and 90s and 00s. What a dark period we had back then, life was a struggle compared to the enlightened year of 2022...
Wait, you are forced to watch movies you don't like? When did that start?

What, exactly, is a "normal family movie"? One where a suburban White family are the main characters, with a token minority or two thrown in for good measure?

Reread what you said and replace LGBTQ with "Black". It's offensive either way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies