Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2022, 12:49 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,692,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
This is what is odd. He had a future planned out, with the purchase of the home. What could possible have gone wrong in his life that made him decide to throw that all away ?
I don't think it's to surprising. Yea he bought a house but he might have been frustrated with work for awhile & maybe he realized he couldn't do it anymore coupled with the idea that he now has a mortgage and will be tied down financially for awhile. Who knows. If he doesn't buy a house maybe he would've felt more free to just leave instead of doing what he did.

Old 11-23-2022, 12:52 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
I don't think it's to surprising. Yea he bought a house but he might have been frustrated with work for awhile & maybe he realized he couldn't do it anymore coupled with the idea that he now has a mortgage and will be tied down financially for awhile. Who knows. If he doesn't buy a house maybe he would've felt more free to just leave instead of doing what he did.
I would have to agree.

One of the warning signs of a person under suspicion to commit suicide is that suddenly they are not depressed or even happy. To others, they see it as the person in question has worked through their crisis and now it is safe when what it often is, they have decided on their final plan and now, have no further worries.

Old 11-23-2022, 01:09 PM

37,611 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
The vaccine....

Too many people doing very weird, erratic things.
The vaccine??? Huh??? You have got to be kidding me.

Old 11-23-2022, 01:10 PM

37,611 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md...ting-employee/

Some tidbits on the shooter (not much). Apparently he's been alone and told a neighbor that his mother and sister had died of COVID in New York.
Paywall, cannot read. Can you at least post the article contents on these links??

Old 11-23-2022, 02:15 PM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Violence and murder occurs in every single country in the history of Earth.
No other civilized country experiences the gun violence we have, this is like the 10th mass shooting this month.

Old 11-23-2022, 02:21 PM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Take a History Class View Post
Walmart (as do most large companies) have policies and training in place to deal with employees showing signs of disruptive or violent behavior.

They're also under tremendous pressure to employ and promote people of color, which this man was based on NY Post reporting.

It will be interesting to see the internal disciplinary records that come out in discovery from the inevitable lawsuits. Were complaints about his behavior handled with a soft touch and was he allowed to skate on things that would have got others fired because he was a minority and a manager?
It’s difficult to address these situations in any company, it’s far from an exact science, plenty of mass shootings have occurred in many workplace. We don’t know all the details yet here you are insinuating it might be soft treatment on people of color, just throwing it out there.

Old 11-23-2022, 02:22 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
No other civilized country experiences the gun violence we have, this is like the 10th mass shooting this month.
It must be great to be a civilized country and completely trust your leaders to be the only ones who have the guns.

Old 11-23-2022, 02:26 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,658,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Paywall, cannot read. Can you at least post the article contents on these links??
I would but it was rather long, lots of pics and links embedded which I would then have to clean up. If I can try to get a neat printable version, I always do post them, but I couldn't. Some other source will likely be putting out the information on him, if not already.

Old 11-23-2022, 02:28 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,692,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
I can't figure out why though....why brush it under the rug and let them get away with it ?
It will only empower them to be bolder next time.
They aren't completely putting it under the rug. they are just getting more chances. And corporations probably look at it as that only a matter of time before that person quits anyway because % wise that's what happens. Bottom line is some minorities (even woman) get more chances compared to white males. White males obviously have some advantages too in other ways but they normally are the first ones to go if a corporation has to make changes.

Old 11-23-2022, 02:28 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,626 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
It must be great to be a civilized country and completely trust your leaders to be the only ones who have the guns.
And vice versa, Tamara. It must be awful to think you need guns that match Law Enforcement weapons because you believe you'll need them to fight your government off.

I mean that sincerely. It must be awful to live with that belief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies