Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2022, 11:38 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,656,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
But...those 80% vaccinated shouldn't even be in the hospital never mind dead.
Remember what they told you ?
Yes, I remember and it's been proven that the vaccines don't prevent hospitalization against the ever evolving variants. They worked pretty well on the original variant they were designed for and weren't too shabby on Delta. I expect "they" are going to get things wrong with novel viruses.

That said, from the same article posted in the OP, you still stand a better change with the vaccine than without.

Quote:
Let’s take a look at deaths in August, when the highly contagious BA.5 variant reached its peak:

That month, unvaccinated people aged 6 months and older died at about six times the rate of those who had received their primary series of shots.

People with one booster dose were even better protected. Unvaccinated people over the age of 5 had about 8 times the risk of dying from a coronavirus infection than those who received a booster shot.

Among individuals who were eligible to receive additional booster shots, the gap is even more striking. Unvaccinated people 50 and up had 12 times the risk of dying from covid-19 than adults the same age with two or more booster doses.

Old 11-23-2022, 11:39 AM

8,133 posts, read 3,671,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Nobody. The government told you...less severe covid, no hospital and no death.
And this was after they told you "no covid" at all.

If anything there should be LESS dead who got 5+ jabs in them....not more.
There are still plenty of unvaccinated walking the streets.

So your 100% vax scenario is nothing but make believe...like the rest of the stuff going on today in the US

What will the CDC tell us next.....that the vaccinated will have a quicker less painful death than the unvaccinated ?
That's not how math works.

Old 11-23-2022, 11:40 AM

5,921 posts, read 2,757,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinE View Post
RIP those were vaxxed. Immune systems permanently damaged.

WaPo

“For the first time, a majority of Americans dying from the coronavirus received at least the primary series of the vaccine.

Fifty-eight percent of coronavirus deaths in August were people who were vaccinated or boosted, according to an analysis conducted for The Health 202 by Cynthia Cox, vice president at the Kaiser Family Foundation”
Lemme guess, they were octogenarians and had multiple co-morbidities?

Just like all the other people that died from/with Covid before the vaccines.

Old 11-23-2022, 11:41 AM

43,078 posts, read 18,252,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
That's not how math works.
But that is how covid and the vaccines are working...math be damned

Old 11-23-2022, 11:41 AM

5,921 posts, read 2,757,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I thought Lord Biden assured us that if we took this experimental injection with no long term safety studies that we would not get covid and that we would not transmit covid.

The Lord couldn't have lied to us, could he?
If you just "wear a mask"....

Old 11-23-2022, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
Lemme guess, they were octogenarians and had multiple co-morbidities?

Just like all the other people that died from/with Covid before the vaccines.
They don't release that type of data right away.
Just like the CDC never told us which vaccine the breakthroughs had.

Old 11-23-2022, 11:43 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Is that the conclusion? That they died BECAUSE they were vaccinated. Or is it a numbers game?
It shows the vaccine does not protect against COVID.

Not sure why that had to be explained, but OK.

Old 11-23-2022, 11:44 AM

25,719 posts, read 18,788,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
More power to him! George Burns smoked cigars up to almost 100 years old! Godspeed!
And my mother died of lung cancer at 62. Point being, that just because someone beats the odds, that is not an indicator that the odds are invalid. We all take chances of one sort or another. It's just annoying when someone says the equivalent of "See... I played Russian roulette and I'm still alive." That's great, but that's not the norm.

And, just my own superstition, but bragging that you have beat the odds is just begging for fate to dump on you. I've done some dangerous things through the years... but, ain't no way I'm going to brag about them. I'm just lucky to have lived through them.

Old 11-23-2022, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
If you just "wear a mask"....

Oh that is coming back around for a second try....

mandating masks because of people with "long covid"...to make life easier for them.
Mr. Levine said we have to change our lives to help the people with long covid.

Old 11-23-2022, 11:45 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northrick View Post
OMG! I'm permanently damaged and doomed to die! How could this have happened?!

Yes, that was sarcasm. I got the vaccine, the bivalent booster and I'm doing just dandy.
I'm just dandy without it.

And barring any other factors, you are no more protected than me from dying from COVID.

The vaccine doesn't protect people from COVID. That's the point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies