Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2022, 02:10 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,747,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
I'm not defensive or upset. I'm just sick of the argument that it's not a vaccine. Whether it's called a vaccine or something else makes no difference. It adds nothing to the discussion. Why argue semantics? Is it because people feel deceived because they mistakenly believed vaccines to be 100% effective? I don't think it was ever claimed that they were 100% effective.
The U.S. President said, "Vaccine, no covid," that sounds like it's 100% effective to me until it wasn't!

Old 11-29-2022, 02:13 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
From the post you claim was informative and factual:

100% effectiveness is not needed to be called a vaccine. No vaccine is 100% effective. The covid vaccines do produce immunity and do prevent infection with the virus, especially with boosters. The protection does wane and is influenced by mutations in the virus. The covid vaccines are still vaccines.

When did the majority of people dying from smallpox consist of those who were vaccinated, just a few months earlier?

Of course no vaccine is 100% effective, but the COVID vaccine never protected against infection, never protected against transmission. The best they could do was play around with the numbers and claim the over-hyped COVID vaccine made the infection less severe, at least for the first couple weeks after receiving it.
Yes, some vaccines are more effective than others.

The covid vaccines did and do prevent infection, just not at the rate initially observed. All age groups are more likely to get infected if unvaccinated, and that does not include boosters.

Washington State, November 2022:

https://doh.wa.gov/sites/default/fil...Vaccinated.pdf

Unvaccinated 12-34 year-olds in Washington are
2 times more likely to get COVID-19 compared with 12-34 year-olds who have completed the
primary series.
• 4.1 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 compared with 12-34 year-olds who have
completed the primary series.

Unvaccinated 35-64 year-olds are
1.7 times more likely to get COVID-19 compared with 35 - 64 year-olds who have completed the
primary series.
• 3.5 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 compared with 35 - 64 year-olds who
have completed the primary series.

Unvaccinated 65+ year-olds are
2.2 times more likely to get COVID-19 compared with 65+ year-olds who have completed the
primary series.
• 3.3 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 compared with 65+ year-olds who have
• 3.7 times more likely to die of COVID-19 compared with 65+ year-olds who have completed the
primary series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
The problem is that people who are vaccinated are dying. Say that to yourself slowly. People - who - are - vaccinated - are - dying. Vaccinated people are dying! Not just that but vaccinate people are getting sick from covid.
Vaccinated people are less likely to die.

See the numbers above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
What's silly is you're getting defensive about a pharmaceutical product that, if we're being honest, does not work as advertised.

Flu shots don't create herd immunity and don't prevent people from getting seriously sick with the flu -- do you get upset when people call them "flu shots" and not "flu vaccines?" If not, then why the difference here?
Herd immunity cannot be produced to flu because too few people take them and the effectiveness of the vaccine varies with the match with circulating viruses.

They do decrease the risk of serious illness.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/spotlights/2...re-illness.htm

Yes, "Flu shots" are flu vaccines. The word "shot" only means injection. A "flu shot" is an injection of flu vaccine.

Old 11-29-2022, 02:13 PM

37,961 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
No, it wasn't. It never prevented infection. It was never effective at doing anything they claimed. They already knew it wasn't. So, what was the real reason they wanted everyone to get it? What was it really for? What did people really put inside of their bodies?
Because of the liars in our government, and in the medical and pharmaceutical industries, corrupt and many people lost their jobs, lost their family businesses and went bankrupt. Two years later, the people who caused all of this destruction want immunity from their actions, and are still sitting atop their high horses and speaking down to the masses, threatening us with more of the same.

Old 11-29-2022, 02:16 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,972,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Yes, some vaccines are more effective than others.

The covid vaccines did and do prevent infection, just not at the rate initially observed. All age groups are more likely to get infected if unvaccinated, and that does not include boosters.

Washington State, November 2022:

https://doh.wa.gov/sites/default/fil...Vaccinated.pdf

Unvaccinated 12-34 year-olds in Washington are
2 times more likely to get COVID-19 compared with 12-34 year-olds who have completed the
primary series.
• 4.1 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 compared with 12-34 year-olds who have

Unvaccinated 35-64 year-olds are
1.7 times more likely to get COVID-19 compared with 35 - 64 year-olds who have completed the
primary series.
• 3.5 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 compared with 35 - 64 year-olds who
have completed the primary series.

Unvaccinated 65+ year-olds are
2.2 times more likely to get COVID-19 compared with 65+ year-olds who have completed the
primary series.
• 3.3 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 compared with 65+ year-olds who have
• 3.7 times more likely to die of COVID-19 compared with 65+ year-olds who have completed the
primary series.

Vaccinated people are less likely to die.

See the numbers above.

Herd immunity cannot be produced to flu because too few people take them and the effectiveness of the vaccine varies with the match with circulating viruses.

Yes, "Flu shots" are flu vaccines. The word "shot" only means injection. A "flu shot" is an injection of flu vaccine.
How many people need to take flu vaccines for there to be no more flu, suzy? For you to make a statement like that, you need to know. A ballpark range is fine.

Old 11-29-2022, 02:19 PM

3,112 posts, read 1,007,936 times
Quote:
Because of the liars in our government, and in the medical and pharmaceutical industries, corrupt and many people lost their jobs, lost their family businesses and went bankrupt. Two years later, the people who caused all of this destruction want immunity from their actions, and are still sitting atop their high horses and speaking down to the masses, threatening us with more of the same.
The irony is that people continue to vote for them. Over and over again.

Old 11-29-2022, 02:21 PM

Quote:

So why is it that the years I get the flu shot I will sometimes get really sick, like this year? Other years I don't get the shot and never get sick? In fact, I have never caught the flu on the years I did not get vaccinated, I always assumed I was just lucky that year. Not so much anymore. I have lost all faith in the honestly and integrity of the people in control of the data.

Old 11-29-2022, 02:35 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
How many people need to take flu vaccines for there to be no more flu, suzy? For you to make a statement like that, you need to know. A ballpark range is fine.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...91743512000588

"The objectives of vaccination coverage proposed in the United States — 80% in healthy persons and 90% in high-risk persons — are sufficient to establish herd immunity, while those proposed in Europe — only 75% in elderly and high-risk persons — are not sufficient. The percentages of vaccination coverage registered in the United States and Europe are not sufficient to establish herd immunity."

Quote:
So why is it that the years I get the flu shot I will sometimes get really sick, like this year? Other years I don't get the shot and never get sick? In fact, I have never caught the flu on the years I did not get vaccinated, I always assumed I was just lucky that year. Not so much anymore. I have lost all faith in the honestly and integrity of the people in control of the data.
Do you get tested for flu?

If you had the vaccine, it may be you were already infected when you took it or became infected before it had time to work, or it was a flu virus not included in the vaccine. Also, it may have not been flu at all but some other virus.

In any given year not everyone will get flu.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/keyfacts.htm

"... on average, about 8 percent of the U.S. population gets sick from flu each season, with a range of between 3 percent and 11 percent, depending on the season."

Old 11-29-2022, 03:01 PM

25,957 posts, read 22,107,325 times
They are calling it a "new kind of vaccine", and boy, they are not kidding! So, like with so many other things, the definition of "vaccine" has changed. If they called it what it was, it would be harder to sell, mRNA!

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/d...vaccines-cola/

"The FDA is also hiding other studies. Buried inside a study protocol, the FDA discusses findings from an unpublished “cohort study of the third dose safety in the Medicare population where historical controls were used.” In that Medicare study the FDA found a significant risk for immune thrombocytopenia and acute myocardial infarction among those with prior COVID-19 diagnosis, as well as an increased risk of Bell’s palsy and pulmonary embolism in general."

"In related news, on Oct. 25 The Ethical Skeptic — a data analyst and fraud investigator — tweeted out a graphic showing the latest COVID-19 variant, dubbed BQ, is infecting the jabbed at a rate of 3-to-1 compared to the unjabbed. It also appears to favor those who got jabbed more recently."

Seriously, it so appears that they were trying to rid the country of the homeless, elderly which they want to call anyone over 60 (I say they can go pound sand, as I am not elderly and neither are most of the others being called this to get them to inject something to shorten their lives.) Also, targeting those with disabilities claiming they are "high risk", when generally they discourage people with weakened immune systems to avoid injecting poisons.

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/d...ovid-vaccines/

"After analyzing more than seven years of Massachusetts death certificates, independent investigator John Beaudoin, Sr., uncovered evidence that thousands of deaths in 2021 may have been linked to COVID-19 vaccines."

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/d...ster-shots-et/

"An Israeli study concluded the short-lived immunity and rapid waning of the Pfizer BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine necessitates the reevaluation of future COVID-19 vaccination campaigns."

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/d...ccine-booster/

"Australian health officials said they will not make any changes to their existing recommendations for COVID-19 boosters — meaning they won’t recommend a third booster (fifth dose) for any age group, despite rising case and hospitalization numbers."

I had thought that Australia was very strict in forcing people to be "vaccinated" for "COVID". Anyone that can get past the lying CDC and FDA should be able to have made an informed decision, because "the cat has been out of the bag" on the "vaccine" for quite some time.

Old 11-29-2022, 03:04 PM

Quote:
https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...91743512000588

"The objectives of vaccination coverage proposed in the United States — 80% in healthy persons and 90% in high-risk persons — are sufficient to establish herd immunity, while those proposed in Europe — only 75% in elderly and high-risk persons — are not sufficient. The percentages of vaccination coverage registered in the United States and Europe are not sufficient to establish herd immunity."

Do you get tested for flu?

If you had the vaccine, it may be you were already infected when you took it or became infected before it had time to work, or it was a flu virus not included in the vaccine. Also, it may have not been flu at all but some other virus.

In any given year not everyone will get flu.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/keyfacts.htm

"... on average, about 8 percent of the U.S. population gets sick from flu each season, with a range of between 3 percent and 11 percent, depending on the season."
Yes, my wife got tested, we had influenza, not COVID. I received the flu vaccine in early Sept 2022 she got hers in late Sept.

Old 11-29-2022, 03:09 PM

43,076 posts, read 18,252,401 times
The message I'm seeing is that the majority of deaths is in older people....so go get your shots.

Washington Post calls it the "Plague of the Elderly"
https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...-who-is-dying/

So..are you scared enough now to go get that 5th jab ???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies