Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2022, 01:17 PM

11,504 posts, read 6,008,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
A higher number does not mean a higher rate.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-deaths-by-vaccination

"Comparisons of the absolute numbers, as some headlines do, is making a mistake that’s known in statistics as a ‘base rate fallacy’: it ignores the fact that one group is much larger than the other. It is important to avoid this mistake, especially now, as in more and more countries the number of people who are vaccinated against COVID-19 is much larger than the number of people who are unvaccinated ..."

See the graph for the US. Death rate is lowest for the boosted.
I wouldn't believe the lies by the Official Office of Lies, Propaganda, and Disinformation if they told me the sky is blue or that water is wet.

From Covid?
With Covid?
With one shot?
With 4 shots?
From the vaccine instead of the virus?

It is all manipulated to support their official position. It is a lie.

Old 11-30-2022, 01:27 PM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinE View Post
RIP those were vaxxed. Immune systems permanently damaged.

WaPo

“For the first time, a majority of Americans dying from the coronavirus received at least the primary series of the vaccine.

Fifty-eight percent of coronavirus deaths in August were people who were vaccinated or boosted, according to an analysis conducted for The Health 202 by Cynthia Cox, vice president at the Kaiser Family Foundation”
I wouldn't believe the lies by the Official Office of Lies, Propaganda, and Disinformation if they told me the sky is blue or that water is wet.

From Covid?
With Covid?
With one shot?
With 4 shots?

So let me guess, you don’t think our vaccine is any good?

Last edited by McGowdog; 11-30-2022 at 01:46 PM..

Old 11-30-2022, 01:34 PM

37,109 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Can I assume that still to this date, 2 years along, not a single Covid vaccine has been approved for use by the FDA? They are still all under Emergency Authorization.

What does that tell us?
Both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are now fully approved.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...ou-should-know

Quote:

From Covid?
With Covid?
With one shot?
With 4 shots?

Last refuge when the facts do not support your position:

It's a lie!

It's a conspiracy!

Old 11-30-2022, 02:03 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,560,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
So why is it that the years I get the flu shot I will sometimes get really sick, like this year? Other years I don't get the shot and never get sick? In fact, I have never caught the flu on the years I did not get vaccinated, I always assumed I was just lucky that year. Not so much anymore. I have lost all faith in the honestly and integrity of the people in control of the data.
I've had several flu shots over the years, not every year. Now that I'm older, I do get them every year.

I'm surprised at your question though. I would have thought anyone having questions like yours , would have asked their doctor, or look up the information. Why haven't you?

It has always been made clear that a flu shot doesn't cover all strains of flu, just the ones that they believe will be an issue that season.

If you get one that isn't...well bad luck.

Not getting sick without having the shot, good luck. You probably didn't come in contact with someone contagious enough, or you were young enough to just fight it off easily. Your luck may run out.

"This year's annual flu shot will provide protection against four of the influenza viruses expected to be most common during this flu season. High-dose flu vaccines will be available for adults age 65 and older."

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/art-20048000

Of course it's up to you and if you get one or not.

Good luck!

Last edited by Natnasci; 11-30-2022 at 03:04 PM..

Old 11-30-2022, 03:15 PM

11,504 posts, read 6,008,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are now fully approved.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...ou-should-know

Last refuge when the facts do not support your position:

It's a lie!

It's a conspiracy!
Thanks for letting me know they have been officially approved by the US government. I was unaware.

Old 11-30-2022, 03:46 PM

6,913 posts, read 3,379,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinE View Post
RIP those were vaxxed. Immune systems permanently damaged.

WaPo

“For the first time, a majority of Americans dying from the coronavirus received at least the primary series of the vaccine.

Fifty-eight percent of coronavirus deaths in August were people who were vaccinated or boosted, according to an analysis conducted for The Health 202 by Cynthia Cox, vice president at the Kaiser Family Foundation”
A majority of Americans "dying from COVID" are vaxxed because most americans are vaxxed - somewhere about 80%. So 42% of COVID deaths are in the 20% not vaccinated - much much higher rate - shows that your "Immune System permanently damaged" is not really true.

Also they count it as a COVID death if COVID-19 appears among the causes and contributors in a death certificate, The CDC guidance is to count that as a COVID-19-related death. So even if you die due to something unrealed such as cancer but COVID is even a minor contributor, it is considered a COVID death. Some Dr's have coded them as contributing only if have a positive test and not really a factor.

I did not support the mandates but lets not try to tell a false story.

Old 11-30-2022, 04:11 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I thought Lord Biden assured us that if we took this experimental injection with no long term safety studies that we would not get covid and that we would not transmit covid.

The Lord couldn't have lied to us, could he?
As he himself got COVID after allegedly having umpteen injections let's just say he isn't someone whose word folks ought to take regarding vaccine effectiveness.

Old 11-30-2022, 04:15 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,976,511 times
Isn't it misleading to say the majority are fully vaxxed and boosted? From what I've read, it's the majority who've had at least one shot. Those who've gone on to have them all is a considerably smaller number. Some woke up in the meantime.

Old 11-30-2022, 07:45 PM

6,913 posts, read 3,379,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Isn't it misleading to say the majority are fully vaxxed and boosted? From what I've read, it's the majority who've had at least one shot. Those who've gone on to have them all is a considerably smaller number. Some woke up in the meantime.
Read the report - it is specifically about those vaccinated or boosted- that is 81.6% of those over 5 years old according to the CDC. It is not about those getting the entire series. Also the data of 58% is up from 42% at the beginning of the year (jan) so immunity is likely diminishing and the virus mutations are better at evading the immunity that people still have.

Old 11-30-2022, 08:58 PM

388 posts, read 275,992 times
For far too long, the protection afforded by Natural Immunity against Covid HAD been ignored. There were already credible studies out about the protection afforded by N.I but it was deliberately ignored. I was going to vaccinate when I became eligible around August 2021 but by then at least two blood donations revealed I was carrying high titer of Coronavirus antibodies. I simply couldn't risk the jab(s). Glad I didn't!!

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...676-9/fulltext

Although those studies show that protection from reinfection is strong and persists for more than 10 months of follow-up,3 it is unknown how long protective immunity will truly last. Many systemic viral infections, such as measles, confer long-term, if not lifelong, immunity, whereas others, such as influenza, do not (due to changes in viral genetics).4 We are limited by the length of current reported follow-up data to know with certainty the expected duration that previous infection will protect against COVID-19. Encouragingly, authors of a study conducted among recovered individuals who had experienced mild SARS-CoV-2 infection reported that mild infection induced a robust antigen-specific, long-lived humoral immune memory in humans.13

Some people who have recovered from COVID-19 might not benefit from COVID-19 vaccination.6, 19 In fact, one study found that previous COVID-19 was associated with increased adverse events following vaccination with the Comirnaty BNT162b2 mRNA vaccine (Pfizer–BioNTech).20 In addition, there are rare reports of serious adverse events following COVID-19 vaccination.21 In Switzerland, residents who can prove they have recovered from a SARS-CoV-2 infection through a positive PCR or other test in the past 12 months are considered equally protected as those who have been fully vaccinated.22

Although longer follow-up studies are needed, clinicians should remain optimistic regarding the protective effect of recovery from previous infection. Community immunity to control the SARS-CoV-2 epidemic can be reached with the acquired immunity due to either previous infection or vaccination
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies