Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2022, 11:02 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,141,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Actually Jesus just said “love the person “ without the second part. He told us not to judge others. And he never said that homosexuality is a sin. If two people love each other and want to express that love, as long as they’re not hurting anyone else, I can’t imagine Jesus having any problem with that.
But like jesus said the Mary, "Go forth and sin no more".
And throughout the the bible people were punished for their sins against the laws of God in the Old Testiment. Sodom and Gomorrah, Adam and Eve just to start with. You take the Bible as a whole, not bits and pieces to fit your own purpose.
Candace Cameron Bure's not displaying anything other than traditional marriages is her way of sticking with Gods words in her storys. And i respect that in her and her brothers "Kirk Cameron " for their strong Christian faith.

Old 11-24-2022, 11:30 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,784,958 times
hallmark Christmas movies and almost all Christmas movies do not mention and are not about Christianity. Which is somewhat ironic but it appears to be very lucrative tO make movies about a Christian holiday that do not mention Jesus. Cha-Ching!

It’s almost as if some of you aren’t aware of the formula. These are secular movies and there really should not be an expectation that they reflect Christian values.

Old 11-25-2022, 01:06 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Not a great comparison. Acting and movies are a bit more than playing a game. Movies portray some aspect of the "real world." A football game does not. You are comparing a one-dimensional game with an "art" that can portray any aspect of life and our "experience on this planet."

Yeah, talking about the antithesis of what a Christian church is supposed to be about. Honestly, they act more like Satanists.
Yes, it does.

Teamwork is involved in real life.

Old 11-25-2022, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
Never read the bible I see, I'm so sorry to see that.
Why not answer Sheepie2000's question? The above is a deflection, not an answer.

Old 11-25-2022, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You only have an issue because she is involved with a television channel that has family friendly programming with traditional values. And that makes you incredibly, frothing at the mouth angry. So you attack, and claim that she should not be involved in a business that reflects HER VALUES.

Why? Because it makes YOU mad.

LGBTQ programming has LGBTQ values. I wouldn't expect anything else. If any church tried to shut down an LGBTQ program on an LGBTQ channel, I'd say that's idiotic. It's programming for a specific audience, and if you don't want to watch it, then don't.

I wouldn't support any group that tried to shut it down. Which is why the LGBTQ attacks on her are pathetic.

Do you expect LGBTQ programs to reflect [insert other demo group] values?

But somehow, shutting down a channel with traditional values that YOU AREN'T FORCED TO WATCH is OK. Why?

They aren't mutually exclusive values wise, no matter how much you might like to think that is the case.

Some people are both LGBTQ and churchgoing Christians.

Old 11-25-2022, 04:35 AM

8,232 posts, read 3,490,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
hallmark Christmas movies and almost all Christmas movies do not mention and are not about Christianity. Which is somewhat ironic but it appears to be very lucrative tO make movies about a Christian holiday that do not mention Jesus. Cha-Ching!

It’s almost as if some of you aren’t aware of the formula. These are secular movies and there really should not be an expectation that they reflect Christian values.
Christmas itself is paganism mixed with the story of the birth of Jesus. The Bible even forbids decorating trees.

Old 11-25-2022, 04:54 AM

5,981 posts, read 2,235,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Christmas itself is paganism mixed with the story of the birth of Jesus. The Bible even forbids decorating trees.
Yep, the date itself was chosen because it matched a pre-existing pagan holiday, the original date for the birth of Christ was in the summer or fall. The Romans moved it in the hopes people would just continue celebrating the same day with a Jesus twist, it worked.

But Dec 25th had nothing to do with the birth of Jesus at all and goes back 100s of years before Jesus was born.

Old 11-25-2022, 06:58 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

They aren't mutually exclusive values wise, no matter how much you might like to think that is the case.

Some people are both LGBTQ and churchgoing Christians.
Well, if LGBTQ are so interested in family programming, why don't they start their own family friendly LGBTQ Christian programming with holiday movies?

Every movie can include a happy LGBTQ family accepted by the church, by their families with no angst, anger, nastiness, sarcasm, name calling, fighting, drinking, sex, cattiness, drinking and hangovers, or hostility.

See how that goes. Could have maybe 7 LGBTQ viewers? The main draw of LGBTQ programming is anger and sarcasm and hostility. Have to have that drama positioned from the victim status that LGBTQ operates. Without it an LGBTQ narrative will not exist. It's storyline 101.

They don't care about being a part of Candace Cameron Bure's productions. They just want to destroy the programming so others can't watch it or change it so it doesn't appeal to the original target audience.

How people cannot acknowledge this basic concept is beyond me.

Old 11-25-2022, 07:15 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
How many years of making those movies? It took her this long.

Bless her heart!

Old 11-25-2022, 11:03 AM

15,861 posts, read 21,438,888 times
My family includes LGBTQ relatives. So does yours. So does Candace Cameron Bure's.

I'm not sure why lying about family values excluding LGBTQ family is valued here. It's the complete opposite of "family values."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies