Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What are your views on the Covid Vaccine?
I took the first Vaccine 18 9.23%
I took the first Vaccine and Boosters 75 38.46%
I did not take the Vaccine 79 40.51%
I took the Vaccine but regret it 23 11.79%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2022, 10:48 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,598,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Then why are so many people sick with the flu? Everyone you talk to around here has had the flu or still has it. And most had the shot.
Well there's significant evidence that COVID damages the immune system. So we may see all kinds of weird diseases get worse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
I've always wondered why the right is so resistent to the vaccine even though Trump is vaccinated and recommends the vaccine.
The Right loves petty contrarianism more than they love Trump (or living).

Old 12-14-2022, 10:48 AM

4,541 posts, read 2,263,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
I've always wondered why the right is so resistent to the vaccine even though Trump is vaccinated and recommends the vaccine.

Maybe because we think for ourselves?

Old 12-14-2022, 10:49 AM

3,103 posts, read 998,889 times
Interesting new study from Israel. What a "surprise"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAw5n4b4S84

Old 12-14-2022, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
Maybe because we think for ourselves?
Then why did you all become antivaxxers at the same time?

Old 12-14-2022, 10:51 AM

4,541 posts, read 2,263,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post

Don't think that we did. I know many Trump supporters that took the vaccine. No one is in lockstep.

Old 12-14-2022, 10:52 AM

19,717 posts, read 10,107,310 times
Quote:
I got vaccinated and it almost killed me. 4 doctors say so.

Old 12-14-2022, 10:54 AM

9,512 posts, read 9,076,088 times
Quote:
The fact that the pandemic has had surges dwarfing the 2020 surge without yet destroying the health care system should be proof enough that the vaccines are helping at least somewhat. It's all very obvious for anyone who cares to see past the end of their nose.
So the “…vaccines are helping at least somewhat.” And this estimate is based on a smaller surge in 2022:vs 2020 so the science says “vaccines must be working”.

And if gun violence is reduced in a large city, might there be more than a single reason for the positive result?

The logic, aka “the connection “, is not or has not been proven. It’s conjecture at best. And this is being stated without an insult at the end of the post for those that disagree with this logic.

Old 12-14-2022, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I got vaccinated and it almost killed me. 4 doctors say so.
Sorry that happened to you. Or happy it wasn't worse, I guess. But that doesn't mean anything, I know a person who almost died choking but I still eat. I know people who died in cars but I still drive. And I know a lot more people died of unvaccinated COVID infections than from the vaccine.

"Could this kill me" is a useless risk metric, every bite step and breath could kill you. What matters is the relative risk among your choices, and vaccines reduce risk unless you're aware of a specific risk factor that gives you worse-than-typical odds.

Old 12-14-2022, 10:58 AM

9,512 posts, read 9,076,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
When we speak about the viral diseases that cause death long covid is way down the list. I'm not trying to diminish any ones passing, but the energy should be where the most benefit can be realized. Covid is still a 1% death rate for ALL groups. Covid is now a major disease for those with weak immune systems. In fact... Infection with the virus that causes COVID-19 can trigger an immune response that lasts well beyond the initial infection and recovery—even among people who had mild symptoms or no symptoms at all, according to Cedars-Sinai investigators. The findings are published in the Journal of Translational Medicine.
We must NOT take our collective eyes off the ball(s).
Not ALL age groups have 1% Covid mortality. The under 18 age group certainly does not have a 1% death rate due to Covid. Please refrain from outlying narratives that artificially push Covid vaccines as benefiting everyone of all age groups. Infants as a category, don’t need Covid vaccines. Sensible approach.

Old 12-14-2022, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
So the “…vaccines are helping at least somewhat.” And this estimate is based on a smaller surge in 2022:vs 2020 so the science says “vaccines must be working”.

And if gun violence is reduced in a large city, might there be more than a single reason for the positive result?

The logic, aka “the connection “, is not or has not been proven. It’s conjecture at best. And this is being stated without an insult at the end of the post for those that disagree with this logic.
Gun violence is caused by myriad socioeconomic factors. The fatality rate of COVID is, by comparison, much simpler, and there's a preponderance of evidence that the vaccines reduce the risk of death, both in scientific trials and observed evidence from society, as well as well-understood causal relationships.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Not ALL age groups have 1% Covid mortality. The under 18 age group certainly does not have a 1% death rate due to Covid. Please refrain from outlying narratives that artificially push Covid vaccines as benefiting everyone of all age groups. Infants as a category, don’t need Covid vaccines. Sensible approach.
We still don't know the full extent of Long COVID damage. Sure, an infant isn't likely to die from a COVID infection, but then consider the organ damage caused, and consider an infant is likely to be getting COVID once or twice a year for decades.

Then again, we don't know if vaccines reduce Long COVID risk as much as for acute COVID, so masks are also important, but vaccines seem like they probably have some impact and they are certainly less risky than multiple unvaccinated COVID events.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.