Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2022, 08:12 AM

22,879 posts, read 12,046,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
You do realize that republicans hold student loans as well and were also affected by this? Last I looked, it isn’t just people with a D after their name who take out student loans. I say this as someone not eligible for this who took out much lower interest private loans because I didn’t have any faith that there would be any loan forgiveness.
That doesn't mean that republicans think the loan forgiveness is a good idea.

From the CNN exit poll - "Opinion of Biden's student debt relief plan", 82% of the dems approve of the plan versus only 16% of the pubs.

https://www.cnn.com/election/2022/ex...esults/house/0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2022, 08:20 AM

17,329 posts, read 9,145,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-...rnal-emergency

This is Biden's handlers effort to calm down the 43M student loan holders that got scammed out of their Midterm votes.

The plan is to delay repayment now until June 2023. Maybe they'll forget they were scammed by then...we gotta get them back into the hive before Nov 2024.

The Pubs in Congress must immediately reverse, & remind them all it was the COURTS that ruled it unconstitutional...JOE conned them.
Yes, “Joe conned them” — but he wasn’t the first Big Con. That was TeamObama.
Student Loans were taken over by the Federal Government to fund ObamaCare.

Long-term con: Obamacare was ‘paid for’ by nationalizing student loans - Washington Examiner - August 31, 2022

By nationalizing the student lending industry, which previously had federal guarantees for private banks, Obamacare would raise $58 billion in revenue over a decade.

Some Democrats promised even more. “Part of the Health Care and Education Affordability Reconciliation Act of 2010 will make key changes to the student loan industry,” Sen. Tom Carper (D-DE) said. “This measure will save taxpayers nearly $70 billion over 10 years.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
You do realize that republicans hold student loans as well and were also affected by this? Last I looked, it isn’t just people with a D after their name who take out student loans. I say this as someone not eligible for this who took out much lower interest private loans because I didn’t have any faith that there would be any loan forgiveness.
The Federal Government borrows the funds for the student loan program at 2.8 percent and then lends it to the students at 6.8 percent, a markup of 4 percent. That was the rate in 2010, when they passed the Law.

The nexus between the student loan program and ObamaCare is purely opportunistic. As the Affordable Care Act was passing through Congress, its wheels greased by the wholly fraudulent assertion that it didn’t need 60 votes to pass the Senate, the administration decided to put in a provision eliminating the private student loan industry, fully federalizing the program. What was not widely understood at the time was that it hoped to raid the funds paid by students to provide money for the bottomless pit known as ObamaCare.

Congress voted FOR this Student Loan takeover & used the PROFIT from the Loan Interest Rates to Pass & FUND ObamaCare. No President can just wipe that Law off of the books - it is indeed UnConstitutional.

And exactly WHY is nobody even asking — “What happens to ObamaCare without the Student Loan money that funds it?”

Old 11-24-2022, 10:23 AM

25,246 posts, read 12,375,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
You mean Biden lied again? Wow.
Actually, he's just told by his handlers to lie, but he's done it so many times, its one thing he's still capable of.

Today, I'm thankful that Lib regime lost the House, we control the SCOTUS, most Governorships, most State Houses, and most State House seats. I'm grateful to live in a heavy Red area in SW Florida in a deep Red state led by a great Governor (DeSantis).

I feel bad for the 43K that got conned though, but many of those will pay the Dems back in the future by not voting, or not voting for Dems anymore. They lost Millions of future votes with that scam.

Old 11-24-2022, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Maybe he should tell them that Mexico will pay for it....
Touche! Gotta admit, that was a good one A little humor is good to keep things from getting too serious...especially on Thanksgiving Day...we are all Americans after all.

We can resume our political battles tomorrow.

Old 11-24-2022, 10:30 AM

Thx for posting this...I didnt know about that connection between student loans and Obamacare. I was still working tons of hours back then, so wasn't as tuned in as I am now.

Dems keep piling on new entitlements, and the Pubs won't stop them, so we're $32T in debt...dead broke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Yes, “Joe conned them” — but he wasn’t the first Big Con. That was TeamObama.
Student Loans were taken over by the Federal Government to fund ObamaCare.

Long-term con: Obamacare was ‘paid for’ by nationalizing student loans - Washington Examiner - August 31, 2022

By nationalizing the student lending industry, which previously had federal guarantees for private banks, Obamacare would raise $58 billion in revenue over a decade.

Some Democrats promised even more. “Part of the Health Care and Education Affordability Reconciliation Act of 2010 will make key changes to the student loan industry,” Sen. Tom Carper (D-DE) said. “This measure will save taxpayers nearly $70 billion over 10 years.”

The Federal Government borrows the funds for the student loan program at 2.8 percent and then lends it to the students at 6.8 percent, a markup of 4 percent. That was the rate in 2010, when they passed the Law.

The nexus between the student loan program and ObamaCare is purely opportunistic. As the Affordable Care Act was passing through Congress, its wheels greased by the wholly fraudulent assertion that it didn’t need 60 votes to pass the Senate, the administration decided to put in a provision eliminating the private student loan industry, fully federalizing the program. What was not widely understood at the time was that it hoped to raid the funds paid by students to provide money for the bottomless pit known as ObamaCare.

Congress voted FOR this Student Loan takeover & used the PROFIT from the Loan Interest Rates to Pass & FUND ObamaCare. No President can just wipe that Law off of the books - it is indeed UnConstitutional.

And exactly WHY is nobody even asking — “What happens to ObamaCare without the Student Loan money that funds it?”

Old 11-24-2022, 10:56 AM

4,231 posts, read 2,422,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post

Think bigger. Think more strategically. How does enabling/rewarding bad behavior benefit society in general?
This is several levels of abstract thought higher than what the foolish masses are capable of.

Old 11-24-2022, 11:09 AM

9,107 posts, read 13,127,239 times
Quote:
https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-...rnal-emergency

This is Biden's handlers effort to calm down the 43M student loan holders that got scammed out of their Midterm votes.

The plan is to delay repayment now until June 2023. Maybe they'll forget they were scammed by then...we gotta get them back into the hive before Nov 2024.

The Pubs in Congress must immediately reverse, & remind them all it was the COURTS that ruled it unconstitutional...JOE conned them.
I am an Independent, do I count?

I would agree that the bailout never should have been promised and it happening right before the election was a political stunt by Biden but the Republicans trying to stop it is going to cost them.

This is liking $10-20k from mostly middle-class voters. And supposedly it is because some companies will be harmed in 6 states. So once again the Republicans are taking the side of a few private corporations, this time over 40 million+ mostly middle-class Americans. What do you think is going to happen? Are the Republicans planning to throw away Generation Z and the Millennials?

I don't what the answer is for the Republicans on this issue of college costs but they need a better strategy that it is fine to spend every dime on the rich and corporations while complaining to high heaven if the government spends a dime on the Middle Class. The Democrats are playing chess while the Republicans are playing checkers and it shown in the 2022 elections.

Old 11-24-2022, 11:11 AM

19,033 posts, read 16,849,209 times
Quote:
Touche! Gotta admit, that was a good one A little humor is good to keep things from getting too serious...especially on Thanksgiving Day...we are all Americans after all.

We can resume our political battles tomorrow.
Agree because you would be amazed how many people on both sides of the aisle disagree with this proposal.

Have a good Thanksgiving....

Last edited by VA Yankee; 11-24-2022 at 12:33 PM..

Old 11-24-2022, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
I am an Independent, do I count?

I would agree that the bailout never should have been promised and it happening right before the election was a political stunt by Biden but the Republicans trying to stop it is going to cost them.

This is liking $10-20k from mostly middle-class voters. And supposedly it is because some companies will be harmed in 6 states. So once again the Republicans are taking the side of a few private corporations, this time over 40 million+ mostly middle-class Americans. What do you think is going to happen? Are the Republicans planning to throw away Generation Z and the Millennials?

I don't what the answer is for the Republicans on this issue of college costs but they need a better strategy that it is fine to spend every dime on the rich and corporations while complaining to high heaven if the government spends a dime on the Middle Class. The Democrats are playing chess while the Republicans are playing checkers and it shown in the 2022 elections.
uhhh...no...its unconstitutional says the courts....Pubs have no say in it.

Old 11-24-2022, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Agree because you would be amazed how many people on both sides of the aisle disagree with this proposal.

Have a good Thanksgiving....
True, 43M have student loan balances, but 287M do NOT. The numbers and the courts are not on the lenders or Biden's handlers side...but they just wanted the votes anyways...it was a con.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies