Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2022, 11:30 AM

8,553 posts, read 10,978,234 times

Advertisements

Just like Christmas, thanksgiving day has lost all meaning.
Most just believe it is a day for turkey and football, and a time for families to gather.
I do not give any significance to thanksgiving day, because everyday is thanksgiving day to me.

I thank my Lord each and every day for the love and blessings I enjoy in this life.
Meanwhile all the hypocrites sit down one day of the year, say their thankyou's, and return to their daily lives of forgetting just how important giving thanks each and every day actually is.

Tomorrow they get back to doing all the things they usually do, without one thought of where their blessings come from.
Why do most only use one day out of the year to celebrate, and give thanks?
What is wrong with using the other 364 days to give thanks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2022, 11:33 AM

17,874 posts, read 15,947,840 times
Monday Night is for football, and Turkey is dry. Chinese NYE is better. The food is better. No dry food, only moist seafood, chicken, pork, beef, you name it.

Old 11-24-2022, 11:38 AM

15,860 posts, read 6,325,302 times
Gratitude is supposedly one of those mental health supper tools. Thanks for the reminder.

https://www.brainbalancecenters.com/...ure%20chemical.

Old 11-24-2022, 11:40 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Then feel free to be miserable, many enjoy the day that family and friends can come together from all over and have a meal together and catch up. Its sad that your faith values have no tolerance for those that choose to live their lives differently and you just assume that they don't give thanks on the other 364 days.

Old 11-24-2022, 11:50 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,741,154 times
In a way, I understand OP. I really didn’t grow up celebrating thanksgiving. But the family I married into has given me the closest thing I can think of to a thanksgiving tradition, and it IS nice to spent time with family and reflect on what’s good in life. It’s a good day, something I wouldn’t really have said for the majority of my life, when I just didn’t think about it much one way or the other.

Old 11-24-2022, 12:01 PM

455 posts, read 306,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Most just believe it is a day for turkey and football, and a time for families to gather.
I do not give any significance to thanksgiving day, because everyday is thanksgiving day to me.

I thank my Lord each and every day for the love and blessings I enjoy in this life.
Meanwhile all the hypocrites sit down one day of the year, say their thankyou's, and return to their daily lives of forgetting just how important giving thanks each and every day actually is.

Tomorrow they get back to doing all the things they usually do, without one thought of where their blessings come from.
I understand what you're saying, it's disheartening to watch so many people without any appreciation for what we have in this country, and from where all those blessings come from.

I don't have any family close by, no kids etc. So I go to the Thanksgiving dinner put on by the local senior center, catch up with friends I only see a couple times a year, then on Thanksgiving day itself, I usually spend it out walking on my ranch.
Being out in the fresh air with my dog and livestock, I always feel closer to my Creator and his blessings are on full display every day.

I'll take a rifle along, may see a bull Elk, a full freezer is always a cause to celebrate your blessings, and living close to the land, you are reminded every day to be thankful for all you have.

Old 11-24-2022, 12:12 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
Thanksgiving Day works as a reminder to be thankful for what we have. I think it's normal to need a reminder once in a while as our lives can get so busy and life's problems can be so distracting.

I am stuck home today with the dog because I am sick but I was just thinking: The sun is shining in through the windows, my dog is lying next to me, my houseplants are in full beautiful bloom, and the people from the senior center where I was planning on going, just delivered a nice Thanksgiving dinner for me. Thank you.

Old 11-24-2022, 12:15 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,077,727 times
Wow insulting the masses and then tossing in your “Lord” into the mix
Awesome twofer dude.
Hey is it ok with you if I just chill with my family ?

Old 11-24-2022, 12:16 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Every so often - you have to count your blessings. OP , you woke up, still have lights, still have internet, probably ate something and still have your right mind to complain.

Old 11-24-2022, 12:26 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post

Kind of a judgmental superiority complex you've got going there.

What makes you so sure many other people are hypocrites and aren't thankful in their daily lives just like you?

The people who have no gratitude all year probably don't have any on Thanksgiving, either. I think people are either inclined to be grateful for life's blessings, or they aren't. And maybe it's something that some learn at different points in their journeys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies