Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2022, 12:05 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
So you admit that you don't understand the 2nd amendment. The AR is the most popular HUNTING rifle in the country.
Not just for hunting, the most popular in common use. But ya, I have multiple ARs with nice optics that are great for deer, pigs, elk etc.

The gutter level, low information types think an AR means 5.56 and that's that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2022, 12:07 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Not just for hunting, the most popular in common use. But ya, I have multiple ARs with nice optics that are great for deer, pigs, elk etc.

The gutter level, low information types think an AR means 5.56 and that's that.
Many of them still think that AR means assault rifle.

Old 11-25-2022, 12:17 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
I guess then lever action, and pump actions are still good.

I am wondering why we dont see this style of AR more in the States. They have it in UK
Watched only the first near 2 minutes. IMHO, number of reasons why:

FIRST OF ALL, we don't trust TPTB anymore for they keep coming back for more. They say this is needed for the safety of the people, take that, and then keep coming back for more. We are not stupid and we see what they want, all the guns. We are not going to give up the SA for a rifle like this because we know that will be next on the list.

Secondly, the .308 round is a round a lot of people are not familiar with. Yes, there is a decent pool of people who are, but I find a lot aren't. When I have my AR-10 at the range, people look at the size of that round compared to the 5.56, here that WHOMP! as it sends a round down range, and like my .45, wonder if I am shooting a 50 caliber. Now, I think they ask about the 50 caliber since the .308 and to a lesser extent the .45 are as far out of their world as the 50 caliber they have heard of.

Third, my .308 is very expensive to feed. .308 rounds are running to close a buck a piece and the 5.56 is around half of that.

Fourth, .308 is HEAVY. Carrying a -15 with 150 rounds is practically nothing; carrying a -10 with 60-80 rounds is HEAVY.

Fifth, but this could just be a different of styles, that is not the way I shoot. I shoot the .308 standing, the sling wrapped around my support arm, it resting in the palm of my hand. No bipod and no scope but over iron sights (which these days, getting that carrying handle as part of the main rifle is difficult). I don't know if that interrupt lever is part of the style of shooting or not, where he had his non firing arm against the stock, but it would be a hinderance to me. Now, while a shooter should be able to adjust to any firearm, if that is part of the shooting of the rifle, then there is another reason, a change of the law to change the style of shooting so we have to relearn. Just saying......

Last edited by TamaraSavannah; 11-25-2022 at 12:29 PM..

Old 11-25-2022, 12:21 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,262,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Many of them still think that AR means assault rifle.
You know, I have never met even a single liberal who thinks that. Myself, and all the ones I know, understand full and well that it means ArmaLite Rifle, a brand name. Many of us have shot these rifles before. Many of us were in the military, and all that stuff.

Also, people with freaking brains, understand that all types of legislation (from the left and right, Republicans and Democrats, any type of issue), gets marketing names and all that. "Assault rifle" is a term that they use, that is simply meaning to communicate that assaults are being committed with the rifles. That they are a danger in our society and should be more tightly regulated. It's totally marketing towards that cause, rather than actually meaning anything, but IMO it comes from a well-intentioned place.

Old 11-25-2022, 12:21 PM

2,953 posts, read 993,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The Dems are dummies when it comes to guns. Biden once told us that he would have us all go out on our balconies and shoot a shotgun into the air. That is illegal in most states dude.
He's an idiot and has acted and spoken like one all his life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd
Of course the Dems forget that a single of double barreled Non semi auto shotgun is so much more destructive than say a .223 bullet fired out of a AR15.
I have all the evil guns with all the high-tech optics. I've hunted for many years and there is one gun in my collection with which I've killed probably 10x more animals than with any of the others. It's a 25 yr old Mossberg Maverick 88 12 ga pump shotgun with a 5 shot magazine. I paid $120 for it. In fact in the last week I shot two more coyotes with it on the back of my property. I scoff when the gun rubes pontificate about the deadliness of various types of firearms. I think to myself - You probably know that from your vast genZ gamer's experience or your exposure to CNN.

Old 11-25-2022, 12:29 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Biden is the enemy of liberty.

It is his intent to turn law abiding American gun owners into felons with his unconstitutional "Assault and semi auto weapon ban," ramming it through a largely ignorant congress - plutocrats and oligarchs who are defended by heavily armed men, at OUR expense, while throwing the rest of us to the wolves and stripping our ability to defend or families, homes, businesses and selves from exploding crime.

He is also secretly forcing through a new "arm brace ban" making short barrel AR's into NFA items, requiring an unconstitutional $200 "tax stamp," and ATF approval to own. And instituting new restrictions without congressional legislation restricting braced AR owners from taking their guns to another state without prior written approval of the ATF, a process taking many months usually. This begins effect Dec 8th and is final in April of '23. And nobody is doing anything to stop it or raise alarms. And most are totally unaware it is in progress.

I believe our fore fathers started a war 250 years ago over unfair tax stamps. Are you all going to give up your defense weapons and live with the jack boots of tyranny crushing your neck?

Biden is the enemy of American freedom. He is an ignorant old man who refuses to consider any eductation on lawful gun ownership.

His goal is to disarm the lawful citizens of America while simutaneously empowering criminals, leading an invasion of our country by the dregs of other countries cast offs, and setting up the public to be victimized by barbarians.
Democrat fanatics have always wanted to disarm the American public. If they can't simply ban all guns, they will ban only some of them at a time. And then a few more next year or two. And then a few more....

But the ultimate goal of these hysterics has always been, and will continue to be, the banning of all such weapons from law-abiding citizens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Meh, I think they should be banning all guns.
See?

Last edited by Roboteer; 11-25-2022 at 12:52 PM..

Old 11-25-2022, 12:39 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Yeah, that guy in Highland Park sure did some hunting. An 88-year old grandfather, a 78-year old grandfather, a young married couple in their 30's. The NRA lobby is more important than their lives, I guess.
These weapons are already highly regulated, NICS, FFL, BGC. Most of them were bought by LEGAL means. The NRA is only about 5 million out of the 100 or so million owners of firearms.

Any weapon is capable of assault, including a baseball bat.

Old 11-25-2022, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Any weapon is capable of assault, including a baseball bat.
Yes, and good luck killing 60 people from a window, with a baseball bat.

Guns don't kill people. People kill people, with guns...

Old 11-25-2022, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Most of them were bought by LEGAL means.
I know, and I view that as a problem. Seems to me there's clearly reasonable things we can do, here. That don't involve "banning guns", or anything any extremists need to be hysterical about.

Old 11-25-2022, 12:50 PM

5,044 posts, read 2,399,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
Every time a democrat mentions banning "assault rifles", I purchase 20 rounds of 5.56.
If that is truthful you would have several trillion rounds by now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies