Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2022, 12:45 PM

50,060 posts, read 46,579,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Did it stop the importing of the Russian made one?
No

All they did was either slightly modify them, rename them or ship them into the US as a parts kit and finished here. Rifles like the AK are made in about 20 different Countries.

It's the same reason the 1994 ban failed just like the earlier one. Mag locks, paddle fins all of these things get around the stupid laws. They still came in as "sporterized". An AK47 is still one of the favorites at any local gun store more than 20 years later after the nonsense started.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2022, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
Every time a democrat mentions banning "assault rifles", I purchase 20 rounds of 5.56.
And I reload 100

Old 11-25-2022, 12:50 PM

51,848 posts, read 52,255,090 times
I saw that clip and thought the exact same thing. I thought it was just the ar15 what they call assault weapons.

Either he had a Biden moment or they are ramping up their efforts to blow out the 2A

Old 11-25-2022, 12:51 PM

9,830 posts, read 7,170,791 times
Not exactly a big Biden fan, but if he said that, I agree with him. And if we actually read the Second Amendment (which was written at a time when the most dangerous thing out there was a musket, and there was concern of the British invading), I don't think it should be unconstitutional to try to do something about that.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

That, to me, doesn't say that any type of conceivable weapon, in all of the future (which the founders had no idea about, like nuclear rockets and crap, and whatever's still coming in the future), should be allowed to be kept by private citizens. It just does not say that. It says that there is a general right to have some kind of weapon.

Also, it specifically mentions a well-regulated militia, as being the whole point of the right. (Doesn't mention any other reason.) That, to me, in modern times is clearly the National Guard.

Anyone involved in the military, public safety, highly trained private security, etc. Fine, they can have something more powerful. And maybe more consideration depending on how rural you are, etc. But the mentally unstable, angsty 18 year old kids, in suburban areas? Do we really need to be selling them these AR-15's and such?

If you look at the Stephen Paddock shooting in Las Vegas 2017, killed 60 people in mere minutes, to me it seems like that 60 number would have been very hard to do, with a baseball bat, you know. But, if we're going to allow people to have guns, as per the all-holy 2A, then I think it still would have been quite hard to kill that many people that quickly, with just a pistol. So yeah, regulate the damn guns. Balance the various interests, appropriately. Let me just throw this out there, maybe one interest we could consider could be the innocent, precious 5 year old children at elementary schools. (That must be the extremist liberal in me talking.)

Old 11-25-2022, 12:54 PM

40,919 posts, read 48,840,861 times
The Man who left 300,000 guns and a Billion $$ worth of Military Equipment in Afghanistan for the Taliban, lectures us on Semi-Automatic weapons.

Old 11-25-2022, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Not exactly a big Biden fan, but if he said that, I agree with him. And if we actually read the Second Amendment (which was written at a time when the most dangerous thing out there was a musket, and there was concern of the British invading), I don't think it should be unconstitutional to try to do something about that.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

That, to me, doesn't say that any type of conceivable weapon, in all of the future (which the founders had no idea about, like nuclear rockets and crap, and whatever's still coming in the future), should be allowed to be kept by private citizens. It just does not say that. It says that there is a general right to have some kind of weapon.

Also, it specifically mentions a well-regulated militia, as being the whole point of the right. (Doesn't mention any other reason.) That, to me, in modern times is clearly the National Guard.

Anyone involved in the military, public safety, highly trained private security, etc. Fine, they can have something more powerful. And maybe more consideration depending on how rural you are, etc. But the mentally unstable, angsty 18 year old kids, in suburban areas? Do we really need to be selling them these AR-15's and such?

If you look at the Stephen Paddock shooting in Las Vegas 2017, killed 60 people in mere minutes, to me it seems like that 60 number would have been very hard to do, with a baseball bat, you know. But, if we're going to allow people to have guns, as per the all-holy 2A, then I think it still would have been quite hard to kill that many people that quickly, with just a pistol. So yeah, regulate the damn guns. Balance the various interests, appropriately. Let me just throw this out there, maybe one interest we could consider could be the innocent, precious 5 year old children at elementary schools. (That must be the extremist liberal in me talking.)
Wrong

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girardoni_air_rifle

Wrong x 2

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...on-types-used/

The national guard is still military and often the first to go in with foreign wars.

Old 11-25-2022, 12:58 PM

24,229 posts, read 16,911,280 times
The Dems are dummies when it comes to guns. Biden once told us that he would have us all go out on our balconies and shoot a shotgun into the air. That is illegal in most states dude..

Of course the Dems forget that a single of double barreled Non semi auto shotgun is so much more destructive than say a .223 bullet fired out of a AR15.

Most of the tragic mass shootings happen in tight spaces like a classroom. If you get shot in the arm at close range with an AR15 the bullet is going straight through your arm. If you are shot with a 12 gauge that arm is going to be blasted off.

So Biden bans Semi auto guns and the criminals and deranged mass murderers will turn to shotguns, then those will have to be banned.

Even if we only had guns that fired one shot, a lunatic could easily corner people like children and pick them off one by one. If he ran out of bullets he would then use that gun like a club.

Will the Gun Grabbers ever figure it out that it is not the weapon but the evil in someone that would make them go on a killing spree?

You know for someone that took a vow to uphold the Constitution and the Laws of the Land Biden and the rest of the Dems are constantly attacking the 2nd Amendment and don't even get me going about the Invasion they are encouraging and allowing to happen at the Border.

Old 11-25-2022, 12:59 PM

19,641 posts, read 9,962,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post

So you admit that you don't understand the 2nd amendment. The AR is the most popular HUNTING rifle in the country.

Old 11-25-2022, 01:03 PM

9,830 posts, read 7,170,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
So you admit that you don't understand the 2nd amendment. The AR is the most popular HUNTING rifle in the country.
Yeah, that guy in Highland Park sure did some hunting. An 88-year old grandfather, a 78-year old grandfather, a young married couple in their 30's. The NRA lobby is more important than their lives, I guess.

Old 11-25-2022, 01:04 PM

2,953 posts, read 982,203 times
In senility veritas. His filter is almost gone and he no longer has the smarts to keep his true feelings hidden. We found out he thinks half of America are semi-fascists and now we know he thinks we're sick too. Our so-called president despises half of us ... and I haven't even begun to touch on how anti-American he is.

I bet the OP is right that semi-autos are the vast majority of guns in America so Biden basically wants to cancel our ability to own firearms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies