Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2022, 03:52 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,563,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
There is no age limit or statute of limitations, when it comes to the woke crowd gleefully scoring virtue signaling points to cancel people, and destroy their lives or legacy. They canceled John Wayne, 40 years after his death.
None the less, an element of Jones legacy is that he appears to be part of a racist mob standing in the way of black students attempting to attend school. That's not me, LeBron or anyone else conjuring it up. If you want to sweep it under the rug, blame 'wokeness', call it an effort to 'cancel' or excuse the action that's certainly your prerogative. I'd rather base my perception of anyone under the notion of "warts and all".

Old 12-01-2022, 04:27 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
None the less, an element of Jones legacy is that he appears to be part of a racist mob standing in the way of black students attempting to attend school. That's not me, LeBron or anyone else conjuring it up. If you want to sweep it under the rug, blame 'wokeness', call it an effort to 'cancel' or excuse the action that's certainly your prerogative. I'd rather base my perception of anyone under the notion of "warts and all".
I do not hold adults accountable to the things they were talked into doing, while they were young impressionable children.

Old 12-01-2022, 04:52 PM

3,072 posts, read 1,300,931 times
To be honest I’m shocked how little media attention this is getting. My hunch is it’s a fact none of the rostered Cowboy players want to risk taking on Jerry and without the players themselves taking some sort of stance, it’s hard for the media to

Old 12-01-2022, 04:56 PM

3,349 posts, read 1,237,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
1) he's 14
2) we don't know what he was actually doing

But lets say he was a stupid racist at 14

If he learned and changed from that decades ago then why crucify him for it now?
Id say it's a good thing that he was brainwashed by that that age as a kid but he grew up and realized it was wrong.

He wasnt racist at 60 and then pretended he had some epiphany like so many politicians do on all kinds of issues.

14 year olds can change,60 year olds don't.
We've seen politicians who ran on racist platforms "change" when it can't win them votes anymore. Same as politicians "changing" on gay marriage in their 50,60s and 70s to get votes.

Old 12-01-2022, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I want Jerry Jones to stay screwing up that team. But why did LeDouche James have to insert his nitwit commentary into the discussion? What the hell does he have to do with it?
I actually like LeBron as a player but can't stand the diva stuff on the court.
Him wondering why he wasn't asked about Jones when he was asked about Kyrie is utterly rediculous.

For starters Jones owns a team In a different sport.
Kyrie played with LeBron for 4 or 5 years and LeBron has been the face of that sport for almost 2 decades. Kyrie made an idiot of himself and kept doubling down on it all within the last month or so. The Jones picture is when he was 14 taken 65 years ago. The 2 situations aren't remotely analogous.

Old 12-01-2022, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
To be honest I’m shocked how little media attention this is getting. My hunch is it’s a fact none of the rostered Cowboy players want to risk taking on Jerry and without the players themselves taking some sort of stance, it’s hard for the media to
He's owned the team for over 30 years. Why haven't any former players said he's racist if he's racist? He's not their employer anymore.

Old 12-01-2022, 05:17 PM

13,442 posts, read 4,287,635 times
He was 14 and a minor. What law did he break as a minor? I remember when I was 14, I took my mom's car without permission and without a D.L. and pick up girls to hangout at the mall and beach. My friends in the summer entered the drive in without paying and We entered Sizzler one time to use the restroom and filled our mugs with soda drinks on our way out without paying and we were giggling laughing running away from the manager. Fun days!

I guess We are all going to hell.

Old 12-01-2022, 05:24 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,563,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
He was 14 and a minor. What law did he break as a minor? I remember when I was 14, I took my mom's car without permission and without a D.L. and pick up girls to hangout at the mall and beach. My friends in the summer entered the drive in without paying and We entered Sizzler one time to use the restroom and filled our mugs with soda drinks on our way out without paying and we were giggling laughing running away from the manager. Fun days!

I guess We are all going to hell.
It seems you're the only person that has brought up anything about legality, I suspect it's because this matter has absolutely nothing to do with the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies