Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2022, 08:52 AM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post
It was reported that 95% of electric vehicles are still on the road. The other 5% made it home.
Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2022, 04:32 PM

11,477 posts, read 6,002,443 times
California's mandates are not based on any analysis of probability of success, cost, or societal impact. It is just wishful thinking. They dream up a hopeful idea and then force it down everyones throats with no genuine analysis of the impacts.

Unfortunately, it carries the weight and force of law with real-world consequences and incidental damage. They are implementing one disastrous policy after another.

It is depressing to watch, but much less than when I was watching from inside. I am so glad I left California 2 years ago. It is alot easier to watch this madness from 2500 miles away, while not being oppressed by that dictatorial state.

Old 11-27-2022, 07:41 PM

1,212 posts, read 733,304 times
They don't know where their future electricity supply is going to come from.

The don't have a plan for their electricity grid to become carbon-free or carbon-neutral either one.

They expect electricity demand to increase 68% by the year 2045.

They are losing hydroelectric power to drought.

If they supply urban water requirements with desalination then those systems require electricity.

They often sit and watch forest fires which release carbon-dioxide.

For the country as a whole, the transportation sector is 27% carbon-release while electricity generation is 25% carbon-release. But if internal-combustion-engine-vehicles are banned then the transportation sector will become 0% carbon-release while electricity generation will become 49% carbon release

Last edited by T Block; 11-27-2022 at 07:51 PM..

Old 11-27-2022, 07:50 PM

9,509 posts, read 4,342,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
California's mandates are not based on any analysis of probability of success, cost, or societal impact. It is just wishful thinking. They dream up a hopeful idea and then force it down everyones throats with no genuine analysis of the impacts.

Unfortunately, it carries the weight and force of law with real-world consequences and incidental damage. They are implementing one disastrous policy after another.

It is depressing to watch, but much less than when I was watching from inside. I am so glad I left California 2 years ago. It is alot easier to watch this madness from 2500 miles away, while not being oppressed by that dictatorial state.
It is depressing to watch - both in California and on a national scale. I feel bad for young people. Life as they know it will be very different in the future. There is a price to pay for this liberal/progressive nonsense, and young people will bear the the brunt of it. I think that they believe in their not-fully-formed brains that everyone will live a 4,000 sqft home in a nice neighborhood, have comprehensive health coverage, and work 20 hours per week if the Dem agenda is implement. They are in for a very, very rude awakening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies