Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2022, 09:40 AM

10,397 posts, read 3,984,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Where's the movie about kids in foster care? More kids in foster care.

Where's the movie about kids being raised by an aunt? Where's the movie about kids being raised by grandpa?

Why do you only care about LGBTQ families?

There is mass market appeal for most movies. It's why many movies do really, really well. They target the audience that they know will go see the movie.

LGBTQ is NOT a mass market. It's a small segment of the population. The drum you keep banging on shows me that you do NOT understand this. /shrug/ I.

The other gay movie that was mass marketed this year also tanked spectacularly. Why?

Because there is no mass market for a gay movie. That's a fact. That's an objective statement.
Eh, if it's done well, it will do well. I think Queen and As Good as it Gets, which had gay characters in it, did pretty well, and alot of it is because they were good movies.

Old 11-27-2022, 09:46 AM

18,927 posts, read 14,115,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger84Ag View Post
I pray one day Disney wakes up.
Won't happen.
Disney corporation owns so many other subsidiaries, that you cannot boycott it.
"Faceless" stockholders and boardmembers control the system - and profit is their god.

The only remedy would be for government to end the special privileges granted to corporations ("artificial persons") and cause them to close shop.

Old 11-27-2022, 09:48 AM

1,638 posts, read 581,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Nobody said half of the kids. You made that up.

And yes there are all kinds of families in our society. We should make all the kids in all the families feel like their families are normal.

There is no mass market for all kinds of movies.

You missed the post that the Disney movie released is in fact second at the box office...behind Black Panther..

Sure earnings are done in general for all movies. But there is nothing to suggest audiences haven't returned to the theaters because Disney included a family that you odn't approve. of.
There is nothing “normal” about gay families. Normal in nature is male, female getting together. Yes, sometimes adults (like in the animal kingdom) have abnormal desires and act on them. I do not care, as that is their choice and life. However, let’s stop calling it normal. It isn’t, and for a healthy society lgbt+ should never be considered normal. I like what another poster said. The vast majority of men do not want to see gay romance. It does nothing for them and actually turns them off.

Glad Disney keeps losing while pushing non normal behavior. This will continue to be the case, because the vast majority of people don’t want this no matter how hard they try to “normalize” it. They are fighting nature and will lose.

Last edited by Livinginwaterland; 11-27-2022 at 10:04 AM..

Old 11-27-2022, 11:07 AM

15,303 posts, read 7,334,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
All 114,000 households?

This idea that half of the kids in the US are being raised in gay families is crap. You've all been brainwashed.

There are more kids being raised by their grandmas than by gay couples. Where's the demand of grandma movies?

**crickets**

There is NO mass market for these types of movies. Indie? Yes. Mass market, no.
That 114,000 has gone up, since it's from 2016. However, depending on where you live, the number of same sex couples with kids is noticeable. The Scout troop I worked with until my kid aged out had 5 boys with same sex parents. That was out of 40 boys.

There are shows and movies with kids being raised by grandparents. But, since that's "acceptable" to the complainers on the right, no one ever says anything.

The really cool thing about this country is that no one forces you to watch a movie you do not want to see, and movie makers are free to lose money if they make bad decisions. Disney making a movie with LGBTQ themes doesn't hurt anyone at all, except shareholders if it tanks.

Old 11-27-2022, 11:13 AM

29,466 posts, read 16,443,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Brokeback Mountain wasn't a Disney cartoon geared toward young children.

The problem for parents is activists, corporations and government entities inserting themselves into the parent's role just long enough to fill the mushy minds of our young people with their selective take on the issues of sexuality and gender.

This argument only works if you take all romanticism out of childrens movies. Which you wouldnt support doing.

Old 11-27-2022, 11:18 AM

Like many others I have only heard of this movie because right wingers lost their minds about it. I didnt see a single trailer for it, maybe Disney just needed the tax write off and picked this one. Its odd for a film to have zero marketing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY7J...dlerTalksAbout

Old 11-27-2022, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginwaterland View Post
There is nothing “normal” about gay families. Normal in nature is male, female getting together. Yes, sometimes adults (like in the animal kingdom) have abnormal desires and act on them. I do not care, as that is their choice and life. However, let’s stop calling it normal. It isn’t, and for a healthy society lgbt+ should never be considered normal. I like what another poster said. The vast majority of men do not want to see gay romance. It does nothing for them and actually turns them off.

Glad Disney keeps losing while pushing non normal behavior. This will continue to be the case, because the vast majority of people don’t want this no matter how hard they try to “normalize” it. They are fighting nature and will lose.
if you are arguing "nature" then the very idea of you using the internet destroys your argument.

Old 11-27-2022, 11:49 AM

37,953 posts, read 22,057,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Be clear on one things kids...Disney is owning the top 2 spots in box office revenues at the theaters.
You could cheer on a company for investing hundreds of millions in a product that sold to few people for tens of millions, but that's applauding failure.

Old 11-27-2022, 12:23 PM

1,638 posts, read 581,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
if you are arguing "nature" then the very idea of you using the internet destroys your argument.
Are you saying that “nature” didn’t invent the internet or it didn’t exist before humans created it? Not really following you on that one. If so, not really sure what that has to do with anything. Humans species (nor does any animal species) survive without male - female relations. Anything other than that goes against nature. There is zero argument that can be made against that. Without male - female relations a species will cease to exist. It’s that simple. To say otherwise is just personal ideology. This doesn’t mean I hate gays (I have friends who are gay) nor am I afraid of them. But that doesn’t mean it is in line with nature. Many gay people will admit they wish they were “normal” and didn’t have feelings for the same sex.

All I’m saying is that it is no surprise that movies that have homosexual relationship as a core part of the story are not going to be popular with the masses. It’s no different than making movies with lead characters and storylines that most people cannot identify with.

Last edited by Livinginwaterland; 11-27-2022 at 12:39 PM..

Old 11-27-2022, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginwaterland View Post
Are you saying that “nature” didn’t invent the internet or it didn’t exist before humans created it? Not really following you on that one. If so, not really sure what that has to do with anything. Humans species (nor does any animal species) survive without male - female relations. Anything other than that goes against nature. There is zero argument that can be made against that. Without male - female relations a species will cease to exist. It’s that simple. To say otherwise is just personal ideology.
no, you understood.

the internet doesnt exist in nature, therefore, you shouldnt be using it as it is unnatural. there are plenty of societies that actually do argue that. you just half did it to argue against gay people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.