Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2022, 11:11 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Why do we need to have proof? Voting isn't a court of law. A polling location is not a courtroom. There is no burden of proof to be presented. If a voter believes Trump is unpresidential related to his words, actions or inactions on the day of January 6, 2021; that cannot be overruled because there is no burden of proof. Remember, people voted against Hillary in 2016 because she was corrupt with no or marginal proof and you are fine with that.

There was impeachment talk because there was a number of constitutional issues with Trump's presidency from day 1. Namely his business interests which he was still making money on while president under the Emoluments Clause. Granted, that never went anywhere, but it was an issue.
Except you made the claim he caused January 6 last year, yet you have no proof to it, it’s another unfounded claim, and a poor Hillary deflection and strawman argument….and oh how furious she was that she lost. The term Deplorables always cracks me up when I see her.

Lol. Impeachment talks started before he even won, but please do tell the “number of constitutional issues with Trumps presidency from day 1, and please be specific?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2022, 11:33 PM

3,693 posts, read 2,412,209 times
Folks...I'll say it again ....

Trump is done as dinner.

He's lost too much of the Center already.

Next----->

Old 11-27-2022, 12:17 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Trumps biggest contribution is waking people up. He doesn't really need to be POTUS again but I don't think most people can go back to "eh, whatever" about politics now since there are too many others who are continuing the work he brought to everyone's attention, especially how politics and media have formed an unholy alliance that needs to be broken up. Things just went too far.

Old 11-27-2022, 04:19 AM

37,170 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
You’ve been saying be patient for years, but if you’re all of a sudden in a hurry, Did you ask him while you’re on his platform?

Quite the conspiracy theory. One of the most far-fetched I’ve heard so far and I’d wager there’s been 1000’s. Amazing how folks live, breathe, obsess him to come up with such assumptions, allegations, speculation, etc… Who are a lot of people that think this, and please be specific?
Far fetched? How many separate fundraisers has he had in the last year? People were sending him pocket money to “fight the steal” when the RNC was still stupid enough to have been paying his legal bills.

Trump is nothing but a con man, and his followers are viewed by him as marks. A lot of great analogies can be made to Trump running a vegetable farm and picking it regularly.

Old 11-27-2022, 05:57 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
I was not a fan of the IRAQ war and the lies that led to it so yes I did detest Bush and her dad for that. What brought me around to supporting Liz is how she handled herself under Trump.

When it came to choosing country over party she risked her political career to defend the country and joined the Dems in impeaching Trump.

Did she do it for political reasons or cause of her dad? maybe but so far she has shown me she is willing to stand up to her party while the rest of the Republicans are neutered in fear of Trump.
And she was shown the exit by her constituents. Her career is over, she is unwanted by conservatives and couldn't win an election for dog catcher.

Old 11-27-2022, 06:05 AM

57,270 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Trump would probably have to run from Mar-a-Lago after his conviction, I don't think they will send him to hail but he likely be on house arrest with an ankle bracelet. His run for 2024 is just a fund-raising exercise in the next season of the Apprentice.

Old 11-27-2022, 06:10 AM

8,383 posts, read 4,366,655 times
About the only thing Trump can get elected to is the KKK.

Old 11-27-2022, 06:27 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,088,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Seems someone thought the same thing https://cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/asse...uper-tease.jpg

Old 11-27-2022, 08:02 AM

37,170 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
And she was shown the exit by her constituents. Her career is over, she is unwanted by conservatives and couldn't win an election for dog catcher.
In Wyoming, a tiny little bright red backwater of a state compared to the whole.

Do you really believe the majority of republicans are MAGA? I have a feeling Liz would do a lot better than you think she would. I wouldn't vote for her, but she would be a reasonable choice for a lot of conservative Democrats as well as all of the Eisenhower Republicans who are the bulk of the party.

Old 11-27-2022, 10:21 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Because Trump never gave a eulogy for someone tied to the Klan like the current POTUS that’s proven himself racist for decades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies