Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2022, 01:03 PM

1,885 posts, read 1,001,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnomaboidenapolis View Post
What is a reasonable and properly implemented rehabilitation effort? Is it the one favored by progressives where drugs are given out with no condition of going into sobriety or rehab? Where junkies are sprawled out on public sidewalks covered in their own feces? Because that to me is the most inhumane thing ever. Glamorize drug use then do nothing meaningful to mandate sobriety.
More strawmen. The answer is clearly no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2022, 01:04 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-pro...er-11669072860

I remember a time not too long ago when democrats supported smoke-free zones and keeping public spaces free of tobacco. Good, I agreed with that.

But apparently that doesn't apply to weed smoke. In light of weed legalization and proliferation where I live, I am now constantly exposed to the skunk stink second hand smoke of some pothead. The rights of us non-smokers to have clean air have been basically trashed overnight.

So the new democratic mantra is now weed is good and can do no harm. And it's creeping up to other drugs. "Harm reduction" is the new woke progressive buzzword. They claim it helps those addicted to hard drugs like heroin and fenty by giving addicts clean needles and unlimited drugs, supposedly modeled after some successful programs in Europe. Whereas the European system requires users of these "harm reduction" sites to wean themselves off, the American woke version does not and provides continuous drug to the addict. Surely anyone with a few brain cells realizes this will not discourage drug use, but proliferate it.

But hey, if 'quality candidates' like John Fetterman who make it their life goal to decriminalize and proliferate ALL drugs are elected, I guess we shouldn't be surprised.

The party of the drugs is now in power.
Pretty much, whatever social policies and government whims and mandates would be detrimental to the nation and it's citizens, that is what the Democratic Party leaders endorse.

Old 11-26-2022, 01:26 PM

3,203 posts, read 2,481,894 times
Washington state is a Democrat majority state. Blake decision:
https://kingcounty.gov/initiatives/f...-decision.aspx

Old 11-26-2022, 01:27 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:

I remember a time not too long ago when democrats supported smoke-free zones and keeping public spaces free of tobacco. Good, I agreed with that.

But apparently that doesn't apply to weed smoke. In light of weed legalization and proliferation where I live, I am now constantly exposed to the skunk stink second hand smoke of some pothead. The rights of us non-smokers to have clean air have been basically trashed overnight.

So the new democratic mantra is now weed is good and can do no harm. And it's creeping up to other drugs. "Harm reduction" is the new woke progressive buzzword. They claim it helps those addicted to hard drugs like heroin and fenty by giving addicts clean needles and unlimited drugs, supposedly modeled after some successful programs in Europe. Whereas the European system requires users of these "harm reduction" sites to wean themselves off, the American woke version does not and provides continuous drug to the addict. Surely anyone with a few brain cells realizes this will not discourage drug use, but proliferate it.

But hey, if 'quality candidates' like John Fetterman who make it their life goal to decriminalize and proliferate ALL drugs are elected, I guess we shouldn't be surprised.

Spot on and it's disgusting. Smoke free zones are enforced for everything but marijuana it seems.

Old 11-26-2022, 01:30 PM

15,842 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Spot on and it's disgusting. Smoke free zones are enforced for everything but marijuana it seems.
I looked it up at marijuana smoke can travel up to 82 feet where as cigarette smoke only can make it 30.

Old 11-26-2022, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I looked it up at marijuana smoke can travel up to 82 feet where as cigarette smoke only can make it 30.
Based on how much ganja I smell walking the streets of DC, etc., I believe it. And I see people blatantly lighting up in parks and cops doing nothing about it; I'd wager that they were told not to by the elected powers that be in these cities.

Old 11-26-2022, 01:46 PM

15,842 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
Based on how much ganja I smell walking the streets of DC, etc., I believe it. And I see people blatantly lighting up in parks and cops doing nothing about it; I'd wager that they were told not to by the elected powers that be in these cities.
I'm pretty sure the police have bigger problems to attend to.

Old 11-26-2022, 02:01 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,926,293 times
Quote:

Presumably, "non-smoking" areas, like restaurants, bars, hospitals and most company properties are also non-smoking with respect to weed. So, you shouldn't be exposed to second-hand pot smoke any more than you are exposed to second-hand tobacco smoke. If you find that you are breathing in secondhand pot smoke, you should complain to the management of whatever establishment you are in. I can't stand the smell of either type of smoke, and won't patronize a business that allows it.

Old 11-26-2022, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I'm pretty sure the police have bigger problems to attend to.
If they are in a park, surely it doesn't take much to confront someone breaking the law right before their eyes, to allow me and others to enjoy a healthier environment free from harmful chemicals. Or do our laws mean nothing?

Old 11-26-2022, 02:09 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,926,293 times
Quote:
DC has decriminalized less than 2 ounces of cannabis. If someone walks down the sidewalk or strolls through the park smoking a cigarette, do the cops bust them? I don't think so. So why should they harass someone who is smoking a joint in the same locations?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies