Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2022, 04:46 PM

13,246 posts, read 7,304,105 times

Advertisements

Trump tries to explain why he hosted a dinner for Nick Fuentes and Kanye West saying he had no idea who he was. I wonder how his Son in law Jared Kushner feels about this since his Grandparents were saved by the Bielski partisans which was made into the 2008 movie Defiance.

Last edited by kell490; 11-26-2022 at 05:43 PM..

Old 11-26-2022, 04:58 PM

9,830 posts, read 7,259,585 times
I mean, he's meeting with the base. He knows exactly who these people are and what they're about- they're his key allies. Trump is the world's biggest, constant liar. It's just ridiculous.

Old 11-26-2022, 05:07 PM

25,957 posts, read 22,107,325 times
Frankly, I don't see the problem. I have dinner with people that I didn't really know what they supported outside of the relationship that I had with them, and even if I did, if I limited myself only to people like myself, how would I ever have learned anything about people? Maybe one time I meet with someone that believes in one thing, and the next time with someone who believes the opposite, this is actually how we learn of possible compromises, or the reasons people believe as they do.

The smell of desperation among the Dems/libs over Trump has got to be the stupidest thing that I have seen in my long life. They have been trying to "defeat" Trump even before he was elected in 2016. Why are THEY so afraid of him? Do they even know or are they simply parroting the headlines from the mass media feed. If one never thinks for themselves, they end up, well, you know!

Old 11-26-2022, 05:08 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,754,656 times
Trump can't win national election without MAGA base. This is the deplorable coalition. To win everyone has to be under the umbrella.

Old 11-26-2022, 05:10 PM

4,507 posts, read 1,862,401 times
Strange to see “racist” Trump having a black man over for dinner…

Whole thing must be fake news

Old 11-26-2022, 05:16 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,006,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Frankly, I don't see the problem. I have dinner with people that I didn't really know what they supported outside of the relationship that I had with them, and even if I did, if I limited myself only to people like myself, how would I ever have learned anything about people? Maybe one time I meet with someone that believes in one thing, and the next time with someone who believes the opposite, this is actually how we learn of possible compromises, or the reasons people believe as they do.

The smell of desperation among the Dems/libs over Trump has got to be the stupidest thing that I have seen in my long life. They have been trying to "defeat" Trump even before he was elected in 2016. Why are THEY so afraid of him? Do they even know or are they simply parroting the headlines from the mass media feed. If one never thinks for themselves, they end up, well, you know!

I understand your point, about having an occasional dinner with unknown guests.

But, if you were a former President of the United States, and you had a wall of Secret Service agents around you, it seems doubtful that you would end up in this situation.

After all, Mar-a-Lago is rather fortified, when Mr. Trump is in residence. No one can just waltz in and sit at his table.

I imagine that Mr. Trump knew whom was sitting at his personal table. Mr. West and Mr. Fuentes had to pass some type of screening before allowed in.

If Mr. Trump was in some public restaurant, I can see this. But he wasn't. He was in his 'home', with Secret Service agents around him.

Indeed, Mr. Trump had to have given permission for their entry.

Or, is Mar-a-Lago not as 'secure' as Mr. Trump is claiming, he whom claims that his country club is so secure that classified documents are safe there?

Old 11-26-2022, 05:23 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:

The bolded is an irrelevant deflection.

You’ve never asked to be elected POTUS.

Expecting better behavior/ideals/etc. from a POTUS or POTUS candidate than from ‘Joe or Jane Sixpack’ (the general public) = sanity.

Old 11-26-2022, 05:26 PM

29,817 posts, read 24,898,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
The bolded is an irrelevant deflection.

You’ve never asked to be elected POTUS.

Expecting better behavior/ideals/etc. from a POTUS or POTUS candidate than from ‘Joe or Jane Sixpack’ (the general public) = sanity.

But you've never expected any of that from Trump. You've been clutching your own pearls for over half a decade every time he appears on television to say something. His mean tweets cause you great discomfort and angst... And now I hear, they are back, but not just for a limited time only...

Old 11-26-2022, 05:26 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,044,002 times
Quote:
So you are in favor of socializing with antisemitic white supremacists? Maybe you want to have dinner with pedophiles next, in order to see what motivates them?

Sorry, I do not buy this. Trump is a bigot and a racist. If he weren't, he would be denouncing Fuentes.

Old 11-26-2022, 05:40 PM

37,173 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:

Nobody is afraid of Trump besides his opponent wannabes. The more he decides to be seen entertaining Neonazis and white supremacists, the better it is for the opposition.

BTW - NOBODY believes Trump didn't know who Fuentes is, just for the record, nor do they believe he simply "showed up with Kanye" for dinner. That sort of access being allowed is patently absurd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies