Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2022, 10:34 AM

21,097 posts, read 19,694,480 times

Advertisements

"It's going to be a long, dark winter." - Joe Biden's campaign pledge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2022, 10:41 AM

10,055 posts, read 14,422,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I hope the blackouts hit the Liberal places the hardest, since this is what they voted for.

Its time for some cold-blooded accountability.

I hope they can keep the kids warm though...they didn't vote for what is coming to New England.

It would be great if it would reach down to NYC, & the Liberal parts of New Jersey too.
Speaking of who folks voted for, deep red Texas sure ain't faring much better:

Texas has the most power outages of any state.

https://www.texasstandard.org/storie...te-in-the-u-s/

Old 11-27-2022, 10:43 AM

14,956 posts, read 9,794,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I'm living in the Bluest of states, Massachusetts and I'm feeling the pinch of high heating oil prices and our electricity rates just took a huge jump. I'm burning more wood in the wood stove to offset the rising prices.

The Dems just swept nearly every office in this state and I suspect that the push to Green is going to get more fierce and the People will get what they voted for but for guys like me what choice do we have but to move or try and hold on to ride out the storm?

The writing is on the wall and too many are ignoring it so they can feel good about themselves saving the planet. It is going to be a long cold Winter.
Wood stoves are about to be outlawed without particulate filters.

Old 11-27-2022, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Is this like the $15 per gallon gas prices the doomsayers were predicting? Wanna bet it ain't gonna happen?
No... NERC isn't run by doomsayers... it's run by the Federal Government.

Old 11-27-2022, 10:50 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,153,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I hope the blackouts hit the Liberal places the hardest, since this is what they voted for.

Its time for some cold-blooded accountability.

I hope they can keep the kids warm though...they didn't vote for what is coming to New England.

It would be great if it would reach down to NYC, & the Liberal parts of New Jersey too.
There's a word for people who take delight in the despair of others. It's not a nice word.

Old 11-27-2022, 10:50 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Better wake up and realize what's on the way. https://www.nerc.com/Pages/default.aspx

Already, large areas of the country are facing the specter of blackouts this winter, as coal and natural gas supplies tighten, according to the North American Electric Reliability Council (NERC).

New England will likely see the highest utility bill increases in the country and the likelihood of massive blackouts.

Bouts of extreme cold weather may stress power grids by causing demand to soar while supplies of natural gas, coal, and oil remain tight, increasing the chance of failure, according to the NERC, which oversees blackout risk assessments.

Christie referred to the NERC study to back his mounting concerns over the reliability of the power supply.

Meanwhile, the commissioner said that nuclear, natural gas, and coal plants are being shut down by the current administration “at an unsafe pace†to force Americans to accept the transition to wind and solar.

“The red lights are flashing everywhere,†Christie told Bloomberg, explaining that “we’re not going to have sufficient power supply.â€
Your link mentions none of this.

And the few links I can find that talk about this seem to talk about the entire US or North America, not just the north east.

https://www.utilitydive.com/news/nor...ssment/636926/

Quote:
A large portion of the North American electric grid could face energy shortfalls in extreme weather conditions this winter, according to a Thursday assessment from the North American Electric Reliability Corp.
The situation is “unprecedented,†John Moura, NERC’s director of reliability assessment and system performance analysis, said in a call with media to discuss the report. “The system hasn’t been stressed in this manner in the past, and probably more importantly, it hasn’t been as widespread.â€
The grid has a sufficient supply of capacity resources under normal winter conditions, said NERC officials. But portions of Texas, the Southeast, Midwest, Northeast and other areas risk blackouts under challenging conditions, which could include unexpected generator outages as a result of extreme temperatures.

the bloomberg article, mentions the entire US as well

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...id-emergencies

Quote:
Grids from New England to Texas could see supply shortages
Natural gas, coal and fuel oil supplies are all strained

so you purposefully chopped up an article and reworded it just to attack the Northeast ?????

Old 11-27-2022, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
There's a word for people who take delight in the despair of others. It's not a nice word.
Sometimes people are so hard headed the only way to learn, is to face the reality of the circumstance... just like with children.

Reality produces common sense, the product and wisdom = is the treasure. We all come away better for the moment.

Old 11-27-2022, 11:01 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Sometimes people are so hard headed the only way to learn, is to face the reality of the circumstance... just like with children.

Reality produces common sense, the product and wisdom = is the treasure. We all come away better for the moment.
Again, every version of the article I can find talks about all of North America, so you only singling out the North East looks even weirder here because it means not only did reword the article, but you then created a false narrative and are now defending it.

Old 11-27-2022, 12:21 PM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I'm living in the Bluest of states, Massachusetts and I'm feeling the pinch of high heating oil prices and our electricity rates just took a huge jump. I'm burning more wood in the wood stove to offset the rising prices.

The Dems just swept nearly every office in this state and I suspect that the push to Green is going to get more fierce and the People will get what they voted for but for guys like me what choice do we have but to move or try and hold on to ride out the storm?

The writing is on the wall and too many are ignoring it so they can feel good about themselves saving the planet. It is going to be a long cold Winter.
Why don't you leave? Still working? I was in Cape Cod for September, & liked the scenery & seafood, but couldn't live there....too liberal. Cape Cod must have the highest rate per capita of liquor stores, Dunkin Donuts, and fried seafood places. And, what is with cars driving on the shoulders along the highway leading to Cape Cod? I've never seen that before. Why not just widen the roads?

I feel bad for non-Libs who get trapped in Lib areas, and have to suffer from Lib policies. It makes me apreciate SW FL even more...I'm in Redsville.

Old 11-27-2022, 12:33 PM

4,134 posts, read 2,835,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Again, every version of the article I can find talks about all of North America, so you only singling out the North East looks even weirder here because it means not only did reword the article, but you then created a false narrative and are now defending it.
aaaaand **crickets** from OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies