Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2022, 12:33 PM

11,412 posts, read 7,798,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The right doesn’t care about born children now? Broad brush.

BTW, the left was much more on board with school closures that caused great harm to kids.
Broad brush is applicable when the states banning abortion have the worst records on child hunger and education.

Old 11-27-2022, 12:35 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
450,000 female fetuses may die, but they are not women nor do they have personhood. The rights of the born are more important than the rights of thus unborn. Except in the eyes of the Right. Unborn fetuses matter while born children do not.
They are females, almost all of which would be a living human if they weren't killed by abortion.

Abortion is the #1 cause of female deaths in the US at approx 450,000 per year. The next closest causes of death are heart disease at 314,000 and cancer at 285,000.

Old 11-27-2022, 12:36 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Nothing wrong with my argument anyone that wants the job can care for an infant or toddler that’s a fact. You seem to be talking out both sides of your mouth, pro choice one minute, giving the impression you’re pro life the next. Pick a side.
Your argument was that we can kill fetuses because they have no control over their lives but are now claiming that toddlers and babies can’t be killed because surely someone will take care of them in spite of them not having the ability to take care of themselves and that toddlers are different than fetuses which makes zero difference in terms of your point because there are differences all throughout life that make us different in terms of development.

Elevate your argument. Think critically. Think rationally, not emotionally. Pick logic for once.

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
no one came for women and no one came for trannies.
what a ridiculous thread.

8,806 posts, read 6,107,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
Yes, I am using Martin Niemöller's poem, (below) to make a point. I think it's a valid connection. When SCOTUS opened the door to conservative states to infringe on women's rights, I said it was only the start. This article indicates I was correct.

I am not an advocate for abortions, nor for gender transitions, but that doesn't mean I think others should be prevented from self-determination.

When we seek to deny others their free will, we are no longer a free country. Realize it is a small difference between denying another their choice, and imposing upon another your choices. If this country allows such infringements now, it won't be too long before we could see more oppressive actions.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/1...ilies-00064394

Poem: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_they_came_...
I don’t understand the problem. What is happening is children are being protected. Nobody is going after women or trans people.

Old 11-27-2022, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Thank you. I was aware that medical professionals were held to a higher standard. I'm assuming there is good reason for this. Maybe there wasn't. They are all in the field tho so they can debate each other.
There was no valid reason to force people to choose between their livelihood and a vaccine, especially one that never prevented transmission. The my body my choice crowd have exposed their hypocrisy with this. They didn’t stand up for people in preserving their bodily autonomy.

The vaccine mandates continue on for many higher education institutions.

Old 11-27-2022, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Broad brush is applicable when the states banning abortion have the worst records on child hunger and education.
And you blame Republicans for all of it. Very weird.

You supported school closures as I remember so please refrain from lecturing about how much the left cares about education.

Old 11-27-2022, 12:40 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
It's actually taxpayer money

Medicaid, medicare and Obamacare all cover it.

$95K just for hormone blockers (came across that one yesterday). I don't know how much surgery is.
Well, that's just it, no one cares what you do with your own body, if you are using your own time and money. But the left always distort everything to fit their political narrative to spread hate and divisiveness.

Old 11-27-2022, 12:40 PM

15,849 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Your argument was that we can kill fetuses because they have no control over their lives but are now claiming that toddlers and babies can’t be killed because surely someone will take care of them in spite of them not having the ability to take care of themselves and that toddlers are different than fetuses which makes zero difference in terms of your point because there are differences all throughout life that make us different in terms of development.

Elevate your argument. Think critically. Think rationally, not emotionally. Pick logic for once.
Elevate your argument by explaining to someone who puts the line at viability why one person has the inherent right to use another person's body.

Old 11-27-2022, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Elevate your argument by explaining to someone who puts the line at viability why one person has the inherent right to use another person's body.
Was I talking to you?

No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies