Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2022, 08:37 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,550,038 times

Advertisements

Yes, I am using Martin Niemöller's poem, (below) to make a point. I think it's a valid connection. When SCOTUS opened the door to conservative states to infringe on women's rights, I said it was only the start. This article indicates I was correct.

I am not an advocate for abortions, nor for gender transitions, but that doesn't mean I think others should be prevented from self-determination.

When we seek to deny others their free will, we are no longer a free country. Realize it is a small difference between denying another their choice, and imposing upon another your choices. If this country allows such infringements now, it won't be too long before we could see more oppressive actions.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/1...ilies-00064394

Poem: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_they_came_...

Old 11-27-2022, 08:46 AM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
I'll ask the same question I've asked in other threads... How is changing laws to reduce the killing of 450,000 females per year "removing women's rights?" Do tell...

Looks to me like that preserves women's rights. ...Or did you forget that abortion kills about 450,000 females per year?

Old 11-27-2022, 08:53 AM

2,043 posts, read 856,525 times
To put it in layman‘s terms and give an example of basically what’s happening with this woke movement specifically regarding the now 97 different genders that they claim to be….is the equivalent of someone who is in a wheelchair demanding that everyone else also live their life in a wheelchair. And they’re trying to label this as “all inclusive“. But that’s not how it works nor how it should work. They want us all to be in the wheelchair. So that a few people who are in wheelchairs don’t feel left out. As a society we should accommodate, be accepting, make things as easy as possible for those who are disabled and in a wheelchair. We should be sympathetic and understanding of them. But we do not have to become them. We do not have to sever our spine and live our life in a wheelchair. This is basically what the extreme left is wanting everyone to do with regards to gender. They want there to be none. Or an endless scenario of different genders. When for 10’s of thousands of years, the world has recognized two genders. Male and female. They want all of that to change over a decade. Lol

Old 11-27-2022, 08:54 AM

43,096 posts, read 18,269,535 times
It's already started.
And it's the government using the MSM to sow discord among people.
Laws that favor one race over another.
Laws that give government money to one group over another.

Charity is one thing but it has crossed the line to discrimination.

Old 11-27-2022, 09:03 AM

24,492 posts, read 17,232,699 times
The problems are night and day. The Dems are pushing for the Right to an Abortion at any time during the pregnancy. The Reps want to restrict it with some outright banning it. I think those states should have put it on the ballot and let the voters decide because even the most staunch far Right Rep. understands that sometimes an Abortion is necessary.

Trans Rights. The Dems are pushing for kids to be allowed to transition without their parents consent. The Reps just want kids to be kids and push off the most life altering decision they could ever make until they are at least 18.

In the linked article it featured a 14 year old Trans kid who was now 17 and getting all the support from "they's" parents both emotionally and medically. I think Abbot is right in blocking the medical aspect of the transition because what do kids really know about the rest of their lives and some parents just can't be trusted to make good decisions.

What would happen if a 14 year old kid showed up to school sporting a new tattoo on his neck? Would the school investigate this? Would the case be handed over to child protective services and the family be investigated by them?

You can't get a tattoo as a young teen but you can change your sex?

I think the Republicans are correct to make it more difficult for kids to get an Abortion or a Sex change.

The greatest assault on women's Rights that we are seeing today is when a Trans man competes on the girls teams and the Left thinks it is terrific....?

Old 11-27-2022, 09:40 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
Yes, I am using Martin Niemöller's poem, (below) to make a point. I think it's a valid connection. When SCOTUS opened the door to conservative states to infringe on women's rights, I said it was only the start. This article indicates I was correct.

I am not an advocate for abortions, nor for gender transitions, but that doesn't mean I think others should be prevented from self-determination.

When we seek to deny others their free will, we are no longer a free country. Realize it is a small difference between denying another their choice, and imposing upon another your choices. If this country allows such infringements now, it won't be too long before we could see more oppressive actions.

C'mon man... quit drinking the kool-aid.

Returning authority to the states to govern how they see fit is not denying anyone their rights.

Just stop...

Old 11-27-2022, 09:43 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
First they came for those who refused the vaccine and the my body my choice crowd cheered the authoritarians on.

Old 11-27-2022, 09:58 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post

It has never been a "right" to wantonly kill innocent others in this Country...nor should it be.
"Abortion" (except in "self-defense" scenarios such as rape/incest, or risk of Mother's life) is the wanton execution of other innocent human beings...and is the most evil and depraved act that people could ever even contemplate, let alone carry out.
I hope the SCOTUS hears a "Personhood" case soon...and grants that status to those during gestation...giving them all the rights and protections under The Constitution.
Then, that settles that.

Old 11-27-2022, 10:03 AM

15,860 posts, read 6,325,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
First they came for those who refused the vaccine and the my body my choice crowd cheered the authoritarians on.
21% of Americans have not even received a single dose. How many people even care anymore?

Old 11-27-2022, 10:04 AM

11,474 posts, read 6,002,443 times
We have gone from "accepting" to "encouraging and promoting." Not satisfied with being allowed to live how they want, they are now pushing everyone else to live that way by normalizing it through the schools and the media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies