Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2022, 02:03 PM

8,752 posts, read 5,044,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
What does Rains PDX sell? From what I can see on internet, it is clothing right?

Cant she just hire armed security? Or maybe just have the employees carry. This is Oregon. The gun laws are not too bad.

Paul Harrell the famous gun YTer is based and does all his vids in Oregon.
We all see what happens to people defending themselves, or their property, from these thugs. In Portland, it`s the criminals who have all the rights......especially if they are black.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2022, 02:04 PM

25,702 posts, read 12,779,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
That's part of it, but I think there's more to it. A lot of middle class liberals don't want to be impacted by crime. But their pro-crime policies just sound so good and noble and sincere and morally righteous, so they go with them, never thinking that they, themselves, will be impacted by them. Liberals "think" with their hearts, not their heads.
Most of the Libs making these soft-on-crime policies, will never have to face the results head-on. They don't live in the 'hood...or even in low income areas. They live elsewhere in their private enclave, where they have a guard gate, then pull into a garage in an upper middle class neighborhood.

The policy makers are well insulated against their own policies, and the fallout.

Old 11-27-2022, 02:31 PM

43,052 posts, read 18,231,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Most of the Libs making these soft-on-crime policies, will never have to face the results head-on. They don't live in the 'hood...or even in low income areas. They live elsewhere in their private enclave, where they have a guard gate, then pull into a garage in an upper middle class neighborhood.

The policy makers are well insulated against their own policies, and the fallout.
And if there is any inkling of it coming near them they turn NIMBY

Old 11-27-2022, 03:56 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,109,818 times
Portland is the new Detroit..

Old 11-27-2022, 04:05 PM

4,938 posts, read 3,046,341 times
From a resident of Portland:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cgggtufZsw

Old 11-27-2022, 04:19 PM

25,702 posts, read 18,777,662 times
From what I've seen over the past half decade of Portland, you'd have to be nuts to run a business there, let alone set foot in the snake pit.

Old 11-27-2022, 04:32 PM

3,257 posts, read 1,410,291 times
This is a tangent to the legitimate issue of recurring theft impacting the ability of shops to stay open in Portland, but if you haven’t, take a look at www.rains.com to see the clothes they sell. Very unusual….definitely not traditional. I’m not suggesting they aren’t “fashionable” (clearly, I’m totally inept in assessing current fashion trends), but I don’t get it myself.

Old 11-27-2022, 04:42 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,079,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
hey thats business for you. if you can’t afford to sustain your business, you obviously aren’t a good business owner. the same logic applies to greedy businesses that can’t afford to pay a living wage. go out of business then! good riddance. Portland doesn’t need these terrible businesses.
But it now costs $55 for a pair of underwear in Portland due to rampant shoplifting. How do you comprise with that? But tents for the homeless are subsidized by the mayor and only $10 each.

An employee in our company parks at Portland airport and recently had his catalytic converter stolen. When filing a police report, the officer said it happens ALL the time. Only option is to park in the short term garage at $24/day just to keep truck in camera-heavy garage to stop break-ins.
What a lovely city. So nice that crime is everywhere.

Old 11-27-2022, 05:00 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,079,726 times
Default Two or four words

Defund the police.

Old 11-27-2022, 06:12 PM

16,553 posts, read 10,611,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
This is a tangent to the legitimate issue of recurring theft impacting the ability of shops to stay open in Portland, but if you haven’t, take a look at www.rains.com to see the clothes they sell. Very unusual….definitely not traditional. I’m not suggesting they aren’t “fashionable” (clearly, I’m totally inept in assessing current fashion trends), but I don’t get it myself.
The guy in the middle of the first image . . . I gotta say, I kind of wish I had a head of hair like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies