Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2022, 10:04 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,963,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
I agree. It's asinine . Thus why my choice is to not carry , own, or operate a gun.

You do you and follow your safety laws.

As I conveyed , my associate has her reason to carry. And I as a victim of assault by rifle, have mine for not . Neither of us are 100% heros for our choice.
Would you care to answer my questions?

If you are attacked by someone who wishes to do you harm or death, how would you handle the situation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2022, 10:17 AM

4,901 posts, read 2,055,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Would you use your firearm to protect others? lets say from a possible mass shooter like this https://www.npr.org/2022/07/17/11119...t-indiana-mall or someone attacking a family member?
As a retired LEO, I can carry in every state, but to your question, would I use my firearm to protect others? Being that I live in one of the deepest Blue cities in the country, I will have to say no. I will protect myself, family and friends without question in any situation. But my only other exceptions are to protect kids and the elderly, 65 plus, from a dangerous attack. As for everybody else, I wish them well, but they’re responsible for their own protection.

The main reason for this is that where I live, in the metro Seattle area, the prosecutor’s office and the entire court system will treat me unfairly, as a criminal, and do their best to convict me of any crime that they can think of and make it stick to send me to prison. OR!! Allow a civil court to bankrupt me in some BS wrongful death case from the thug’s family members.

Plus, I do not want to be “convicted” on TV and called a racist… AND!! I am half Black!! That’s how messed up the media is today!

Also, it is important that people should experience the laws and policies they support and voted for, even if it kills them.

Old 11-29-2022, 10:20 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,982,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Would you care to answer my questions?

If you are attacked by someone who wishes to do you harm or death, how would you handle the situation?
Oh, be fair to someone for such is questions like these which come under Section Four, Paragraph 2 of the Tactical Considerations Act which states.................

"Put nothing down in writing or on the Net which could be used against you in the future in court.".

Now, while I don't want to speak for who the question was meant for, this does involve one aspect of the Full Combat Suite which is everything about me to fight....and keep me alive. That is,

Passive Defensive Tactics before the fact. That is, for the benefit of our studio audience at home, avoid exposing vulnerabilities of one's self, especially to those who can be enemies but have not yet been perceived as such.

Hence, if you are asking for specifics.......ask away for there will be no answers. In generalities, well, that's "Should the situation call for it, such as in situations of despite extreme situational awareness an attack was unavoidable, well, that's a full weapons release to put them in the hospital......and it is up to Fates be it the ER or the morgue.".

Finally, in further illustration to these, remember how Spike criticized Buffy about her fight technique: Lesson the first: a Slayer must always reach for her weapon. [morphs into vampire face] I've already got mine.

Old 11-29-2022, 11:50 AM

19,783 posts, read 18,073,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
I agree. It's asinine . Thus why my choice is to not carry , own, or operate a gun.

You do you and follow your safety laws.

As I conveyed , my associate has her reason to carry. And I as a victim of assault by rifle, have mine for not . Neither of us are 100% heros for our choice.

No. Your comments and logical genuflecting about paranoia via a vis EDC are asinine.

Old 11-29-2022, 11:52 AM

19,783 posts, read 18,073,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
You're correct, of course, but I suspect very few gun owners think non-owners have made a poor decision to not own a firearm, whereas a large number of non-owners think owners are crazed lunatics. As a gun owner, I have zero issues with anyone who chooses not to have one. Live and let live.
Read all of this posts in this thread..........he's isn't even close to correct.

My beef with him is his claim/implication that CCers and others who carry are paranoid.

Old 11-29-2022, 12:02 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,807,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
As a retired LEO, I can carry in every state, but to your question, would I use my firearm to protect others? Being that I live in one of the deepest Blue cities in the country, I will have to say no. I will protect myself, family and friends without question in any situation. But my only other exceptions are to protect kids and the elderly, 65 plus, from a dangerous attack. As for everybody else, I wish them well, but they’re responsible for their own protection.

The main reason for this is that where I live, in the metro Seattle area, the prosecutor’s office and the entire court system will treat me unfairly, as a criminal, and do their best to convict me of any crime that they can think of and make it stick to send me to prison. OR!! Allow a civil court to bankrupt me in some BS wrongful death case from the thug’s family members.

Plus, I do not want to be “convicted” on TV and called a racist… AND!! I am half Black!! That’s how messed up the media is today!

Also, it is important that people should experience the laws and policies they support and voted for, even if it kills them.
Thank you for that well expressed response.

Old 11-29-2022, 01:38 PM

50,270 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
Read all of this posts in this thread..........he's isn't even close to correct.

My beef with him is his claim/implication that CCers and others who carry are paranoid.
Most like me have carried for so long it's like putting your wallet in your pocket. One doesn't even think about it you just do it. Probably the only time I even remember I'm carrying is if something ugly looks about to go down.

Hardly paranoid. I don't know where the anti-gunners come up with this stuff.

Old 11-29-2022, 02:16 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,118,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Most like me have carried for so long it's like putting your wallet in your pocket. One doesn't even think about it you just do it. Probably the only time I even remember I'm carrying is if something ugly looks about to go down.

Hardly paranoid. I don't know where the anti-gunners come up with this stuff.
Since I no longer live or work in a gang area, I hope that I never need the gun that I carry. But since I have saved my life twice in the past with a handgun, I will continue to carry.
I am 74 and disabled. No way I will be able to fight.

Old 11-29-2022, 03:21 PM

50,270 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Since I no longer live or work in a gang area, I hope that I never need the gun that I carry. But since I have saved my life twice in the past with a handgun, I will continue to carry.
I am 74 and disabled. No way I will be able to fight.
What we are dealing with at the beach are violent homeless. A mob of them just beat the heck out of some guy that refused them money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies