Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2022, 08:37 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
And so? The minority shouldn’t have the same rights afforded to the majority? They should be marginalized and ignored because of math?
Were you aware that the numbers were so incredibly low? Going to acknowledge your own lack of knowledge?

Or did you believe that 25% of kids are being raised by LGBTQ households? Not 0.004%.

Now .... be honest .... you thought it was MORE didn't you?

Old 11-30-2022, 08:41 AM

42,846 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
Please source this. Becasue it's a very precise number that seems awfully low. Kinda like someone is using a 'statistic' to bolster an agenda.
Her data is from one source which reported that in 2016, here's something more recent:

Quote:
"Studies estimate that between 1 and 9 million children in the United States have at least one parent who is lesbian or gay. There are approximately 594,000 same-sex partner households, according to the 2000 Census, and there are children living in approximately 27 percent of those households" https://aamft.org/Consumer_Updates/S..._Children.aspx

Old 11-30-2022, 08:42 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,398,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Were you aware that the numbers were so incredibly low? Going to acknowledge your own lack of knowledge?

Or did you believe that 25% of kids are being raised by LGBTQ households? Not 0.004%.

It doesn't matter if the number is high or low. All that matters is everybody has the same rights.

Old 11-30-2022, 08:43 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,803,058 times
Quote:

I never gave a thought to the number because it doesn’t matter. Who cares how many? I just care that kids deemed un-adoptable by many are now in loving, supportive homes thanks to some of the same sex couples I know. I fail to see why that’s a bad thing or why the numbers matter in the least.

Old 11-30-2022, 08:48 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,844,780 times
Quote:
How many LGBTQ households are raising children? Do you know? Have you even looked into it?

It's 114,000. Thats it.

That's it. So I'm guessing that alleged study you are allegedly referring to looked at what 10 couples? Maybe?

And as far as injustices done to lesbians I'm sure you are fully onboard with the backlash they have against MTF transgenders. It's been loud and very clear that they are NOT in favor of having trans women forced down their throats. Literally. They do not think that trans women are women.

And if you claim that it's not true or you've "never heard of that" it will show that you have little background regarding lesbian issues.

Two of my best friends are a lesbian couple, and they do in fact see me as a woman, which I am.

Old 11-30-2022, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
What state restricts your right to move to another state?
Why do you continue with the hypotheticals?

Old 11-30-2022, 08:50 AM

18,454 posts, read 7,086,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Not everyone in all States will have the same rights, but all people in a State should have the same rights.

And to play the devil's advocate ...

If a state bans gay marriage, all people in that state still have the same rights.

EG: a man wouldn't be able to marry another man regardless of if they're gay or straight..... but a gay female can marry a gay or straight man if she wants.

etc.

Old 11-30-2022, 08:51 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,803,058 times
Quote:
Clearly none, but same-sex couples legally married in States who allow it will not have to move to enjoy the same marriage protections offered by their State to heterosexual couples. Unless the State removes marriage protections for ALL, their rights are now ensured. Good.

Rights don’t end with who can marry who. Lots of protections/rights are available to just married people. And the law will say they have to be available to ALL married people in a State regardless of whether or not the State allows civil same-sex marriage.

Old 11-30-2022, 08:52 AM

4,947 posts, read 3,051,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
This is the judgment of God. He's lifting his restraining hand from our nation. This is Romans 1 playing out.

This will not end well, and most here don't understand generational sin.
Yes, they were born that way.

Old 11-30-2022, 08:52 AM

Quote:

And to play the devil's advocate ...

If a state bans gay marriage, all people in that state still have the same rights.

EG: a man wouldn't be able to marry another man regardless of if they're gay or straight..... but a gay female can marry a gay or straight man if she wants.

etc.
Luckily such a stupid system doesn't exist as their is federal legislation. You just outlined exactly why it had to be enacted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies