Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2022, 10:16 PM

29,835 posts, read 24,922,073 times

Advertisements

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...visors-hearing

Folks... The future is now... And it's full of fraddy cat liberals who want to use lethal robots to "defend" themselves against those darned Trumpers... I think the actual video and commentary on this is more note worthy than the actual topic they are discussing. Some of those democrats are exhibiting signs of paranoid delusions. One claims there was an armed coupe staged and now SF need to protect themselves with armed robots. Stunning!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2022, 01:36 AM

2 posts, read 1,066 times
Wait, don’t you back the blue?

This should be a dream come true for the right. Now leftists are gonna face down some serious police state violence.

Old 12-02-2022, 02:16 AM

7,383 posts, read 3,539,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geckz View Post

This should be a dream come true for the right. Now leftists are gonna face down some serious police state violence.
right wing nut job over here. hi! no, i don’t support militant police forces and armed robots. thanks for generalizing through

Old 12-02-2022, 03:00 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,437,376 times
I am curious what will come of this experiment with the robots killing people. But I have my reservations that eventually some kid will hack into their code and instead of them killing everyone at school, they'll just get the robot to do it.

But I do want to see what will happen for now when they are unleashed.

Old 12-02-2022, 03:03 AM

29,835 posts, read 24,922,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I am curious what will come of this experiment with the robots killing people. But I have my reservations that eventually some kid will hack into their code and instead of them killing everyone at school, they'll just get the robot to do it.

If they can't build a garbage can for under $20,000 each, than I really don't think they have much chance of deploying robot police in the near future... I think these libs have fully lost their minds.

https://reason.com/2022/08/17/san-fr...n-a-trash-can/

Old 12-02-2022, 07:06 AM

11,350 posts, read 16,714,274 times
Check out the series "Dark Mirror" and watch the episode "Metal Head".

It's coming.

Old 12-02-2022, 07:12 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
I guess the only good thing about a robot taking out a criminal is that the robot can't be accused of racism or can it ??

Old 12-02-2022, 07:24 AM

3,080 posts, read 3,267,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I guess the only good thing about a robot taking out a criminal is that the robot can't be accused of racism or can it ??
Of course it can, or more accurately, the software/models that run the robot can. What is more interesting, esp this being SF, will those models actually be tuned to _not_ shoot members of a certain race, or folks who have been id'ed as belonging to certain "protected" classes. It can "shoot for the legs" in some situations and "shoot for the head" in others, depending on the whims of the politicians.

ED-209 here we come.

Old 12-02-2022, 07:47 AM

2,953 posts, read 994,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geckz View Post

How would you know? You only have two posts. You just got here, right?

Old 12-02-2022, 08:00 AM

2,953 posts, read 994,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post

These aren't robots. They're RC guns on tracks. Robots are autonomous, these things are remotely controlled by someone with a joystick who makes the decision to shoot. It's putting an abstraction layer between the human being and the killing process making it far easier and more likely to happen. It's an interesting psychology and not at all surprised that this is happening in SF. Libs love this kind of thing. Removing themselves from the realities and nitty gritty of the world to protect their sensibilities. Obama the king of drone strikes. Hating hunters while still eating shrink-wrapped slaughterhouse meat. Oil from Venezuela rather than Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies