Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2022, 10:42 AM

6,038 posts, read 2,854,310 times

Advertisements

https://www.breitbart.com/social-jus...n-sex-surgery/

Let us recap! You cannot vote, purchase alcohol, purchase cigarettes, purchase lottery tickets, take out loans, drive a car, or, if you were in New York, purchase whipped cream, without being a legal adult, but you can decide to permanently mutilate your genitalia...

If California Republicans do not make this a campaign issue, then they are just as feckless as the national party...

From the article:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitbart News
On Monday, the legislative body passed Senate Bill (SB) 107 along party lines, with all 19 Republican assembly members voting against it and 60 Democrats supporting it. State Senator Scott Weiner introduced the bill, and a release from his office asserted it would “provide refuge for trans kids and their families.”

On Wednesday, Weiner announced it had passed the State Senate and “was on its way to” Gov. Gavin Newsom’s (D) office. It passed the senate by a 30-9 margin, the Sacramento Bee reported.

The legislation would shield parents who take their children to California for sex-changing procedures from prosecution and criminal penalties in their home states where such practices are illegal. It aims to:

“prohibit a provider of health care, a health care service plan, or a contractor from releasing medical information related to a person or entity allowing a child to receive gender-affirming health care or gender-affirming mental health care in response to a criminal or civil action, including a foreign subpoena, based on another state’s law that authorizes a person to bring a civil or criminal action against a person or entity that allows a child to receive gender-affirming health care or gender-affirming mental health care.”
“prohibit law enforcement agencies from knowingly making or participating in the arrest or extradition of an individual pursuant to an out-of-state arrest warrant based on another state’s law against providing, receiving, or allowing a child to receive gender-affirming health care or gender-affirming mental health care in this state, as specified.”

“prohibit the enforcement of an order based on another state’s law authorizing a child to be removed from their parent or guardian based on that parent or guardian allowing their child to receive gender-affirming health care or gender-affirming mental health care.”

“prohibit a court from finding that it is an inconvenient forum where the law or policy of another state that may take jurisdiction limits the ability of a parent to obtain gender-affirming health care or gender-affirming mental health care, as defined, and the provision of such care is at issue in the case before the court.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2022, 11:02 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
Kids can't buy spray paint in my state until they are 18 but a sex change? No problem...

I wonder if this legislature allows the female genital mutilation of girls that is still practiced in some areas of Africa and the Middle East that has found its way to the US?

What is it with the Democrats that have to attack kids like this?

What is wrong with parents that are encouraging and allowing sex change operations on their kids?

The parents should be in jail and the kid in counseling.

It is disgusting. Let the kids be kids.

Old 09-01-2022, 12:09 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
This is probably the least import issue any politician in CA should be thinking about. I hate Scott Weiner and I hate the whole "CA is a SANCTAUARY" thing.

Old 09-01-2022, 12:17 PM

7,383 posts, read 3,539,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
This is probably the least import issue any politician in CA should be thinking about. I hate Scott Weiner and I hate the whole "CA is a SANCTAUARY" thing.
but yet important enough to comment on. so, since you are here do you agree with this legislation?

Old 09-01-2022, 12:20 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
but yet important enough to comment on. so, since you are here do you agree with this legislation?
I'm not a politician and I comment on whatever the top posts are.

Old 09-01-2022, 12:22 PM

7,383 posts, read 3,539,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I'm not a politician and I comment on whatever the top posts are.
got it! quantity over substance

Old 09-01-2022, 12:30 PM

25,775 posts, read 18,840,914 times
Pretty sick. Maybe that San Andreas fault will snap and Sickifornia will sink into the pacific like "science" was predicting fifty years ago. Remember, science is ALWAYS right, right lefties? (right, right lefties wwwhhhaaaatttt?)

Old 09-01-2022, 12:32 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,666,526 times
this is just pandering.. you guys need to get better at recognizing BS when you see it..

Old 09-01-2022, 05:18 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
LibsofTikTok got a twitter ban for stating that hospitals were performing gender mutilation surgery on young girls. They do uterus removals.

The surgery exists.

The hospitals per hospital websites and confirmation via phone call to hospital employees are doing the surgeries. On girls as young as 14.

And LibsofTikTok got a ban for simply reporting it.

Why? Aren't they PROUD they are doing the surgery? Why hide it???

Why do they want to HIDE IT????

Old 09-01-2022, 05:33 PM

25,963 posts, read 22,143,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
LibsofTikTok got a twitter ban for stating that hospitals were performing gender mutilation surgery on young girls. They do uterus removals.

The surgery exists.

The hospitals per hospital websites and confirmation via phone call to hospital employees are doing the surgeries. On girls as young as 14.

And LibsofTikTok got a ban for simply reporting it.

Why? Aren't they PROUD they are doing the surgery? Why hide it???

Why do they want to HIDE IT????
That is just horrible! With some, I believe if it is a fad, and you can't put biologically functioning organs back.

I would say someone should be in counseling for quite some time before making such a decision, and a young person............. As regret grows, hopefully they will put some protections in allowing this.

https://www.webmd.com/sex-relationsh...-transitioning

"However, there is growing concern among many doctors and other healthcare professionals as to whether this is, in fact, the best way to proceed for those under aged 18, in particular, with several countries pulling back on medical treatment and instead emphasizing psychotherapy first."

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-...s-say-n1102686

"I'm in communication with 19- and 20-year-olds who have had full gender reassignment surgery who wish they hadn't, and their dysphoria hasn't been relieved, they don't feel better for it," Evans told SkyNews. "They don't know what their options are now.”

There is a small percentage of people who actually have gender dysmorphia, and all of these others, I think, are making a mockery of what the "condition" actually is. For those that actually have this "condition", all the stuff involved in "reassignment" can be a life saver, but if they don't have it.................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies