Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2022, 11:56 AM

6,652 posts, read 3,437,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Great! Now the ignorant, uneducated parents can groom the children in their image as right wing bigots, and force their hateful cult of christian nationalism on other parents children, and drive trans kids to suicide, and put the kids at greater risk of covid, flu, and RSV to appease anti-vaxxers and covid deniers.

It's Farenheight 451 in half these school districts. Banning books! Why not just pile them up on the playground and burn them.

Another great step in the social decline of Florida. So glad I left that crime infested swamp 40 years ago.
lol Unhinged.

Old 11-30-2022, 11:57 AM

25,170 posts, read 12,317,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Not what the article said. Did you read it??
Yes, the school board listened to both sides, then fired him. He's history, students and parents win.

Republicans are large and in charge in Florida, & we squash Libs like lovebugs upon our windshields.

Elections have consequences, and the Libs lost 4 of the 5 school board seats, so go take your seat in the back of the bus.

Old 11-30-2022, 11:57 AM

72,797 posts, read 62,106,836 times
Southwest Florida. What about the rest of the state?

Old 11-30-2022, 11:59 AM

19,004 posts, read 16,824,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
How is this the fault of Governor DeSantis?
From the OP's Linked article:

"Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis put his weight behind dozens of conservative school board candidates across Florida during the midterms. Now they’re in office — and are purging some educational leaders who enforced Covid-19 mandates"

"The ousters were spurred by how the superintendents carried out local policies like efforts to support the rights of parents, an issue inflamed by schools imposing student mask mandates last fall in defiance of DeSantis."

"And while not tied to the 2022 election, the school board in Broward County earlier this month fired its superintendent through an effort led by five members appointed by DeSantis. All combined, school boards with ties to DeSantis pushed out three superintendents in November alone — and each of them served over districts that implemented student mask mandates."

I would say there is a pattern of vindictiveness

Old 11-30-2022, 12:01 PM

4,403 posts, read 2,140,126 times
Quote:
So glad I left that crime infested swamp 40 years ago.

We're glad you did too.

Old 11-30-2022, 12:10 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,843,866 times
Quote:
Great! Now the ignorant parents can groom the children in their image as right wing bigots, and force their hateful cult of christian nationalism on other parents children, and drive trans kids to suicide.

Another great step in the social decline of Florida. So glad I left that crime infested swamp 40 years ago.
You consider not allowing adults to talk about sex with children who are 5, 6, 7, and 8 years old a "social decline."

OK. Noted.

Old 11-30-2022, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
From the OP's Linked article:

"Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis put his weight behind dozens of conservative school board candidates across Florida during the midterms. Now they’re in office — and are purging some educational leaders who enforced Covid-19 mandates"

"The ousters were spurred by how the superintendents carried out local policies like efforts to support the rights of parents, an issue inflamed by schools imposing student mask mandates last fall in defiance of DeSantis."

"And while not tied to the 2022 election, the school board in Broward County earlier this month fired its superintendent through an effort led by five members appointed by DeSantis. All combined, school boards with ties to DeSantis pushed out three superintendents in November alone — and each of them served over districts that implemented student mask mandates."

I would say there is a pattern of vindictiveness
The PARENTS have spoken.

I realize you only want parents to talk when they parrot what you want them to say.

Who knew voting was. "vindictive" act?

Old 11-30-2022, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Southwest Florida. What about the rest of the state?
Similar.

There are very few solid liberal areas in FL. Despite what the MSM keeps telling people.

It's why people are so frekkin SHOCKED!!!!! When things like voting in candidates that are in favor of parental rights happen ... I mean it's so shocking that parents would want a say in what happens to their kids. The horror! How that become controversial is a study in sociology, indoctrination and use of media/propaganda.

People believe the MSM then the MSM portrays Florida as highly progressive and liberal, and if it weren't that handful of religious zealot bigoted nut jobs, everyone would be gay and trans here.

I actually had Northern relatives ask me about 'what's really going on' in Florida. Because the news that they are fed up North by the MSM is blatant lies. You know the everyone is gay and trans here, everyone hates DeSantis, etc.

It's all lies.

Old 11-30-2022, 12:22 PM

56,839 posts, read 25,780,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Yes, the school board listened to both sides, then fired him. He's history, students and parents win.

Republicans are large and in charge in Florida, & we squash Libs like lovebugs upon our windshields.

Elections have consequences, and the Libs lost 4 of the 5 school board seats, so go take your seat in the back of the bus.
Celebrating a governor getting involved in school board elections, this just adds to the division in the country with republicans getting involved in local elections. Bad for the country and childish to celebrate this as a team sport.

Next up, will republicans get involved in dog catchers, libraries.

Old 11-30-2022, 12:25 PM

41,018 posts, read 17,992,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
The PARENTS have spoken.

I realize you only want parents to talk when they parrot what you want them to say.

Who knew voting was. "vindictive" act?
Bingo…don’t like it, send their kids to schools that will teach it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies