Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2022, 09:46 PM

11,474 posts, read 6,002,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I lived there as a kid, and I lived there for 5 years, as an adult, recently.

Schools: He is correct. When we moved from CA to another state when I was a kid, we were put in advanced classes at the new school because CA schools used to be really good. They aren't as good anymore, in fact, yes, they are the last in the nation for education. Not something to be proud of.

The hand outs are insane. So many people are on food stamps, have free medical, free phones, Section 8 housing is everywhere and it's still not enough to accommodate everyone who needs a home. Their waiting list when I was there was about 10 years.

When I lived in Ventura County, I was actually shocked to find out that a complex down the block from me was accepting Section 8. It wasn't run down, it was right there with the rest of the over priced properties, it was quiet - no loud music thumping all day long. I know this because I would walk my dogs around the area. It was only when I was looking for something cheaper or better if I'm going to pay those prices that I found out it was for low income people. Those who think it's not in their backyard, it's in their backyard.

Illegals were given everything you could think of. What most in CA don't understand is that you only need 1 person in the apartment or home who is here, legally. Then you bring up your illegal friends or family, and you all live quite nicely. The state of CA does NOT consider any illegal alien in the home as part of the count to the question: 'How many people are in the home?"

So, you could have a 2 bedroom apartment, have 5-6 people living in there, the legal person gets money for food stamps, and because they have a kid or kids, they get more money. They get their rent subsidized, they get their electric subsidized, they get free cell phone, and for them and the kid, free medical. MEANWHILE, the illegals that are living in that rent subsidized apartment with subsidized electric, are out there working 'under the table' (no taxes taken out), and bringing quite a bit of money into the place when all monies are combined. The biggest expense, the rent, is already taken care of because of the 1 person living in it who is legally allowed to be in the country in the first place.

So what do they have to spend their money on? A subsidized electric bill? It's still high, depending on where you live, but between 5-6 people, it's nothing. Food? Well, the one person who is there, legally, and their kid or kids is already taken care of, so there's plenty of money to buy all kinds of food. Cars? Put them all in the person's name who is legally there. Not too hard to pay off a new car and a junker for going to/from work since all the illegals will undoubtedly go to the same place to work, when there's 5-6 people paying on them.

The rest is entertainment or 'luxury', as I call it. Cable, internet ...oh, wait, they can get that internet for $5 a month or even free...so, cable TV, dinners out, delivery, beer (lots of beer), festivals, car shows, anything they want.

In addition, if you have kids and are not here legally, and you're at the HUD building, a food truck will come by and give only those free food. If you're white and hungry but have no kids, tough crap, you don't count.

Homeless people are everywhere. They are in San Francisco, they are in the Central Valley, they are along the coast in Ventura County, in LA, etc. Everywhere. And just about every last one of them is definitely on drugs, no question, or appear to be on drugs. On the highway that runs along the coast, where you can go just outside of Ventura and park your car next to the rocks that lead down to the ocean, there are train tracks on the other side of the highway. There's homeless people living there. You can't see them, but you can hear them talking, and hear their dog barking. There's homeless people in the downtown of any city. There's homeless people walking around everywhere. I did not meet a single homeless person that didn't appear to be, or wasn't definitely, on drugs. I walked more than I drove when I did my 'errands' or 'chores'. But I also did delivery part time (DoorDash and such), and saw a whole lot of areas where I lived, and in other cities that I delivered to. It's not an exaggeration, they are, indeed, everywhere.

By the way, one of those 'home growers' for pot was located right across the street from where I lived. At about 7:30 in the morning, one day, I and my neighbors heard a very loud bang. It sounded like a car crash right outside our windows. Turns out, it was the SWAT team raiding a house across the street, and the sound was the smoke grenades going off. The amount of people who came out of that house with their hands on their heads, led down the sidewalk to right where we were standing and watching, sat down on the curb, and being questioned were 12. Twelve fricken people in that house.

Every single time I walked out my door, all you could smell was that stench of pot - which smells like a dead skunk. It's disgusting. Come to find out, apparently the electric company is the one who tipped off the police, because behind the house, an area that you could not see from the street, was a huge back lot that was filled with growing houses. They grew a whole lot of pot, and people smoked the hell out of it.

The drugs are everywhere in CA, and a whole lot of people are on them, and then they become homeless. They go through your dumpsters and trash cans looking for aluminum cans to sell so they can have some money. I once had a trash bag of aluminum cans that I was going to take to the recycling center the next day, get my 20 bucks. I left the trash bag right outside my door for about 4 hours. It was taken.

Their water system used to be the best until a bunch of idiots decided to save a fish.

The electric grid used to be the best until they brought in more people than the infrastructure could accommodate.

Both water and electric are so overused because they have too many people, and continue to allow illegals to come in and live in 'sanctuary', that of course lakes are drying up, farmers can't get their water, you can't water your lawn when you want, you experience brown and black outs.

They don't maintain jack all, because, as VDH said, it's not 'natural' to cut back or cut down trees that are too close to power lines, and you have the Campfire fires, for example, which are also fueled by overgrowth and nature's debris because it's not 'natural' to clear it out.

What people are saying about CA is not exaggerated.

Most in CA are too obsessed with themselves to understand what they're voting for.

The extent of their thought process is: "Dems good, Republicans bad."

The wealthy think they're being helpful, but don't live in the real world, so have no clue how much their choices hurt the very people they claim to care about. Not even when they go to city council meetings and get on their NIMBY soapboxes. "We need more housing for the poor!" .... "Wait, what!? No! We don't mean around us! Somewhere else!"

The ones who have a brain have left, or will be leaving as soon as they can.
Victor, is that you?

Excellent post, and true.

I have a brain and left California in the spring of 2021. I would have left a year earlier but nationwide Covid shutdowns and mandates messed me up. By Jan 2021 I was so fed up, I just packed the apartment with no mover scheduled and no idea where I was going, and would up in Knoxville TN.

I brought my brain with me, along with my income tax and sales tax money I no longer pay to the state of California. Soon to include property taxes. I am sure Tennessee is enjoying all of the copious sales taxes I have paid this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2022, 10:36 PM

1,122 posts, read 961,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Hanson is spot on as usual. Unfortunately, despite not being happy with their state, most decided to reelect the party causing all of the chaos in the state.
Not me!! I have been here almost 70 yrs. Pushing 70 in 2023. Born and raised here. It's a one party state and needs to change. Need to have some balance. I have always been a Reagan Conservative however I lean a little to the middle on social issues.

I think many in California do not follow politics or candidates. They don't bother to read in my humble opinion.

As a Boomer myself, we need age limits on politicians. Maxine Waters, Pelosi, Feinstein are all in their 80's. I am all for cognitive tests as well. Look at Biden for goodness sake. I don't think Trump should run he's getting up there in age. Let the younger ones come in who are on the ball.

I have a lot of respect Hanson and love to hear him talk. Maxine Waters is my Congresswoman and she has been terrible. California has lost its way. Crime- drugs and homelessness are out of control. It's very sad. I was born in Santa Monica and raised in Torrance, CA.

Old 12-02-2022, 09:20 AM

9,876 posts, read 4,646,105 times
Until they vote differently ie vote for those that will help eliminate those issues nothing will change. They are catering to the largest donors or voting blocks. Everyone else not in those groups will be up a creek without a paddle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies