Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2022, 09:43 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,813,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Anyone trusting the current crop of Republicans to do anything here?

Yeah - me neither...
a rep and a
Ya think. I look at the failure rate of the Republican investigations. The Durham report? A huge tax payer waste of money. The Senate Republican's did their best to dig up dirt on Biden before the election, again, a big zip. Benghazi? Another big zip.

On the other hand, you look at how productive the Mueller report was with convictions, now the many seditious conspiracy convictions from the Jan 6th committee, with more to come.

Come on Repubs. Get back to work and do something constructive vs this toxic yeah my side is guilty now I have to try to find a way to get you back for uncovering the criminality. Enough of the dysfunction.

Old 12-01-2022, 10:00 AM

37,170 posts, read 19,259,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
McCarthy pulled 5 GOP members from the January 6 committee, now he wants his own investigation. Talk about government waste.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/21/polit...tee/index.html
I’ll bet the Committee is shaking in its collective boots over such a threat from someone of the magnitude of importance of Qevin.

Old 12-01-2022, 10:04 AM

26,764 posts, read 26,880,442 times
Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.) told reporters that the committee’s report will not be completed before Congress is scheduled to leave for the month on Dec. 16, but that there is a “good possibility” it will be out before Christmas.

Thompson said the final report will include topics that go beyond Trump’s role in the attack on the Capitol, including information that has not been previously made public. Thompson’s comments seem to contradict a Washington Post article about staff frustrations that the final report would focus largely on Trump.

“The body of the report is complete, and there is general agreement on that,” Thompson said.

Rep. Adam B. Schiff (Rep. Adam B. Schiff (D-Burbank) told CNN’s Dana Bash on Sunday that committee members are deliberating over the contents of the report and “what is beyond the scope of our investigation.”

https://www.latimes.com/politics/sto...ill-it-include

Old 12-01-2022, 10:08 AM

6,828 posts, read 9,383,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I’ll bet the Committee is shaking in its collective boots over such a threat from someone of the magnitude of importance of Qevin.
I don’t think anyone on either side will care and ultimately, this report will not make a lick of difference.

Democrats and our mainstream media sources a will act like it’s the most important, consequential thing to ever come from congress, while Republicans will view it as the partisan hit piece that it is.

Old 12-01-2022, 10:15 AM

37,170 posts, read 19,259,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
I don’t think anyone on either side will care and ultimately, this report will not make a lick of difference.

Democrats and our mainstream media sources a will act like it’s the most important, consequential thing to ever come from congress, while Republicans will view it as the partisan hit piece that it is.
It all depends on what they have documented as to whether it is seen as a hit piece.

Old 12-01-2022, 10:17 AM

6,828 posts, read 9,383,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
It all depends on what they have documented as to whether it is seen as a hit piece.
Well, their prime time hearings were pretty much snoozefests, so I’m not expecting any bombshells.

Old 12-01-2022, 10:18 AM

238 posts, read 210,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
given the fact the committee was a sham, it doesn’t really matter to me either way if it gets investigated or not.

But i do love how investigations were necessary and okay when president trump was in office and democrats controlled the house, but now that the shoe is on the other foot, everyone is worried about “too much investigation and not enough progress.”

must be nice to be a democrat. No accountability and no consequences for anything they do.
amen you are correct

Old 12-01-2022, 10:22 AM

25,874 posts, read 12,910,007 times
Quote:

Yeah - me neither...
The current crop of Republicans will:

-investigate all things Democrat, & get a few middlemen locked up...but not the real crooks

-sign massive continuing resolutions, increasing our national debt, & interest payments

-strive to make as much on ill-gotten gains as the Dems, w/o making it overly obvious

-live like Kings on taxpayer money...like the Dems, 5-star meals/lodging & travel the world on our tax $'s

-pass a few laws that nobody cares about, while healthcare, education, & illegal immigration deteriorate even further

Old 12-01-2022, 10:25 AM

30,494 posts, read 19,255,042 times
Quote:

Yeah - me neither...
You're right to be skeptical but to be fair, it doesn't matter what Republicans pass, Dems control the Senate and Presidency so the best we can hope for is glorious gridlock.

Old 12-01-2022, 10:26 AM

15,877 posts, read 6,580,182 times
Spin committee being organized. Got it. It doesn't matter; we all saw what happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.