Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2022, 02:51 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,749,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
That's ok, as long as Clara is happy, you should be too, because democrats
^ This.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2022, 03:06 PM

35,512 posts, read 17,698,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
^ This.
Great. That works. Now stop complaining. ;D

(And I think you missed my comment about the NASDAQ. Significantly higher than it was 5 years ago.)

Old 12-01-2022, 03:13 PM

18,242 posts, read 8,043,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
The surge in demand for goods and services most definitely was part of the equation.
yeah, because everyone was shut down for a year....and then had to buy crap

what that lying POS is leaving out is the huge slump before the surge.....the surge wouldn't have been there without the slump before it

and this is the POS that controlling our money!!

Old 12-01-2022, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Great. That works. Now stop complaining. ;D

(And I think you missed my comment about the NASDAQ. Significantly higher than it was 5 years ago.)
Was Biden President 5 years ago?

Is the NASDAQ higher or lower since Biden took office?

Did inflation skyrocket prior to or after Biden took office?

Did Biden's policies of flushing a lot more money into the system and allowing people to not pay their bills AFTER vaccines were available make inflation much worse than need be, which has caused the FED to tighten they way they have, causing the NASDAQ to crash?

Four very easy questions to answer.

I bet you will not respond strictly with and directly about these four questions.

But considering you didn't even know what short selling was, you may just come up with some more nonsense answers full of inaccurate information.

Old 12-01-2022, 03:16 PM

10,716 posts, read 5,518,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenter858 View Post
What do you expect from someone who's never had a job in the real world? Sorry, working for the Fed is not a job in the real world. Anyone who's taken a college Econ course, knows the professors that taught us usually didn't hold real jobs. I mean, the major thing with Econ, was always "all other things equal." When in the real world are all other things equal? NEVER! Get these clowns outta here.
Bbbbut... It works on paper!

On point, from a very funny movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSLscJ2cY04

Old 12-01-2022, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Was Biden President 5 years ago?

Is the NASDAQ higher or lower since Biden took office?

Did inflation skyrocket prior to or after Biden took office?

Did Biden's policies of flushing a lot more money into the system and allowing people to not pay their bills AFTER vaccines were available make inflation much worse than need be, which has caused the FED to tighten they way they have, causing the NASDAQ to crash?

Four very easy questions to answer.

I bet you will not respond strictly with and directly about these four questions.

But considering you didn't even know what short selling was, you may just come up with some more nonsense answers full of inaccurate information.
I don't know why you're asking me to run back and forth between graphs, but the NASDAQ is almost dead even to where it was the day he took office.

Now, AFTER he took office, there was an enormous surge that lasted a year, steadily rising in the first year of his presidency. Then, there was a fall and now it's picked back up again some.

So, to answer your question, the NASDAQ is right where it was when he took over.

Old 12-01-2022, 03:25 PM

Quote:
I don't know why you're asking me to run back and forth between graphs, but the NASDAQ is almost dead even to where it was the day he took office.

Now, AFTER he took office, there was an enormous surge that lasted a year, steadily rising in the first year of his presidency. Then, there was a fall and now it's picked back up again some.

So, to answer your question, the NASDAQ is right where it was when he took over.
NO IT'S NOT! The NASDAQ is down about 2,000 points since Biden took office.

NASDAQ at 13,457 on Biden's first day in office

STOP POSTING STUFF IF YOU HAVEN'T A CLUE WHAT THE DATA ACTUALLY IS!!!!!!

From CNN and the NASDAQ chart below.

CNN: Biden’s stock market record so far is the second worst since Jimmy Carter
Attached Thumbnails
Janet Yellen blames Americans' 'splurging' for record-high inflation-screen-shot-2022-12-01-4.23.23  

Old 12-01-2022, 03:29 PM

Quote:
NO IT'S NOT! The NASDAQ is down about 2,000 points since Biden took office.

STOP POSTING STUFF IF YOU HAVEN'T A CLUE WHAT THE DATA ACTUALLY IS!!!!!!

From CNN and the NASDAQ chart below.

CNN: Biden’s stock market record so far is the second worst since Jimmy Carter
Yes, you're right. I was looking at the election date, to now, which is about two years, and not inauguration date.

After Biden was elected, the NASDAQ continued to climb for that year, reaching a peak we had never seen before, and now it's back down to the level it was when Biden got elected. Between the time he was elected, I believe there was a lot of yammering that oh no the market will tank on his election, but no. The market rose and rose, continuing through the next year and now it's back to where it was just after election day 2020, when Biden won.

And you don't have to scream, we're all in the same room. ;D

Old 12-01-2022, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Yes, you're right. I was looking at the election date, to now, which is about two years.

After Biden was elected, the NASDAQ continued to climb for that year, reaching a peak we had never seen before, and now it's back down to the level it was when Biden got elected. Between the time he was elected, I believe there was a lot of yammering that oh no the market will tank on his election, but no. The market rose and rose, continuing through the next year and now it's back to where it was just after election day 2020, when Biden won.
WOW!

So now you admit what you posted was COMPLETELY FALSE INFORMATION and then when I call you out on it you try to move the goal post and give Biden credit for stock market moves on Trump's watch.

You are unfreaking real!

Old 12-01-2022, 03:36 PM

Quote:
WOW!

So now you admit what you posted was COMPLETELY FALSE INFORMATION and then when I call you out on it you try to move the goal post and give Biden credit for stock market moves on Trump's watch.

You are unfreaking real!
I'm not moving the goal posts. I said you were right, I was going from election day and not inauguration day.

But then, after election day, and continuing well after inauguration day, through that next November, the NASDAQ rose sharply.

You're pining for the NASDAQ that existed when Biden had been president for awhile.

And now it's where it was on election day 2020.

I thought we'd decided that if I'm happy, you're happy? Well that didn't last long. :-/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies