Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2022, 01:30 PM

4,904 posts, read 2,056,126 times

Advertisements

I’m on the fence for this once since there isn’t enough information about the fight. Was the shoplifter 300lbs and the store employee 150lbs? Was store employee a biological male or a biological female that identifies as a male?

How old was the store employee?

And, was the store employee on the loosing end of a serious @zz beating that could have ended their life or cause permanent injuries?

I do not agree that every crook needs to be shot, but without question, many do. Since many locations around the country no long prosecute thieves and other criminals in those communities, it was only a matter of time before this stuff to happen. Without question, I do see more and more acts of “people taking action” against criminals themselves since the law has failed them and society, as a whole.

If the shooter is a Black man, I would refuse any plea deal and demand a jury trial. If I was a member on any jury, I would never vote to convict an otherwise honest citizen of this crime. I see it as the “system” has failed the honest citizen.

If the shooter is a White man, that shot a Black man, in a Black community, he needs to demand a jury outside of that community or accept a reasonable plea deal, like manslaughter in the fourth or third degree, no prison time, but 5 years of unsupervised probation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2022, 01:45 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
I think all shoplifters should fear death by vigilante though. That's not the same as me wanting all shoplifters to die, but the fear that they might would be a powerful deterrent.

Old 12-02-2022, 01:50 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,946,145 times
Right after this happened, it was reported here in Dallas. There was a lot of information provided at the time - shop lifter left and came back to attack workers who had taken his backpack filled with stolen items, etc. Now that info is nowhere to be found - at least I can't find it. Suspicious to say the least.

Old 12-02-2022, 02:04 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,626,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Yeah how serious was the fight? Shoplifting and scuffle does not warrant the death penalty.
Maybe not. But how is a business owner supposed to protect his inventory, and thus his livelihood, if he is not allowed to defend his property against those who would steal it? Kind of a rhetorical question in this case, in that the shooter was a customer, not the store owner. But even so, it's something that needs to be fleshed out. It's easy enough to say that a few one-dollar items aren't worth a life; but what if those one-dollar items are one's means of sustenance?

Old 12-02-2022, 02:33 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,452,873 times
Alleged shoplifter.
We do not know that part.

Only thing that is moderately clear was a scuffle had been interrupted with a bullet.

There was no eminent danger .

Course Texas rarely sides with the unarmed dead man.

Old 12-02-2022, 04:42 PM

573 posts, read 260,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Wasn't Eastwood a cop? This incident involved regular person. I am going with Charles Bronson.
Y-E-S.... ~

Charlie is 'Da King' of vigilantes--- He's in the Vigilantes 'Hall-of-fame'.

I saw Charlie shoot this degenerate who was wearing a cross once. He asked the kid;
CHARLIE; 'Do you believe in Jesus?'
DEGENERATE; 'Ah....yes Sir i do' !
CHARLIE; 'Good...cause your gonna meet him' ~
BANG!

Old 12-02-2022, 04:46 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,836,872 times
So shoplifting is a death penalty crime now?

Any retail chain store is going to have a lot of security cameras- look up at the ceiling next time you’re in Target or Walmart. So there’s going to be a recording of exactly what happened and they’re going to be charging based on what’s on that recording.

Old 12-02-2022, 04:46 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
I’m on the fence for this once since there isn’t enough information about the fight. Was the shoplifter 300lbs and the store employee 150lbs? Was store employee a biological male or a biological female that identifies as a male?

How old was the store employee?

And, was the store employee on the loosing end of a serious @zz beating that could have ended their life or cause permanent injuries?

I do not agree that every crook needs to be shot, but without question, many do. Since many locations around the country no long prosecute thieves and other criminals in those communities, it was only a matter of time before this stuff to happen. Without question, I do see more and more acts of “people taking action” against criminals themselves since the law has failed them and society, as a whole.

If the shooter is a Black man, I would refuse any plea deal and demand a jury trial. If I was a member on any jury, I would never vote to convict an otherwise honest citizen of this crime. I see it as the “system” has failed the honest citizen.

If the shooter is a White man, that shot a Black man, in a Black community, he needs to demand a jury outside of that community or accept a reasonable plea deal, like manslaughter in the fourth or third degree, no prison time, but 5 years of unsupervised probation.
If I you are ever on a jury I hope you explain that to a judge.

Old 12-02-2022, 04:48 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,692,387 times
The problem with allowing stuff like this is that it could open pandoras box for it to happen a lot and then only a matter of time before an innocent person is killed by a bad shot.

Like others said. Not worth killing someone

Old 12-02-2022, 04:56 PM

573 posts, read 260,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
So shoplifting is a death penalty crime now?

Any retail chain store is going to have a lot of security cameras- look up at the ceiling next time you’re in Target or Walmart. So there’s going to be a recording of exactly what happened and they’re going to be charging based on what’s on that recording.
The pendulum has swung the other way...~!

Dollar General got tired of Shoplifters helping themselves to merchandise without Legal repercussions. SO...they put out a BULLETIN to all its 'Concealed carry holders' to come by DO SOME Target Practice.

ALL CCP holders who shoot a thief will get a 'buy one get one free' coupon for any ITEM in the store.

In a perfect world...

Last edited by The First; 12-02-2022 at 05:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies