Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Trump will be indicted by the DOJ?
Yes 84 55.63%
No 67 44.37%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2022, 11:44 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times

Advertisements

I am expecting Kangaroocourtism to prevail in this situation.

Old 12-04-2022, 11:55 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Actually there were 110 emails (not documents) that were determined to have classified info in the 30,000 emails returned by DOS. None of them were actually marked classified. Criminal intent would have been nearly impossible to prove.
Comey stated what she did was illegal and it was something which obviously should never have happened. Hillary knew better, but did it anyways.

But here is the thing. Comey decided not to hold Hillary accountable, but we all know if that was Jane from next door who did the exact same thing with those exact documents, we would be visiting her in jail right now.

THAT is the problem. Different rules depending on who you are.

The left is all about ignoring when their side breaks the rules, but wanting to hold the other side accountable when they do.

Complete hypocrisy.

Now the issue becomes will anyone ever hold anyone of power accountable? If they do, how does a court do it when precedent has already been set to not do so?

You and I both know if a Democrat was the first to be held accountable, Democrats would claim foul. The same on the other side.

No one wants "their side" to be the first to be held accountable.

I honestly don't think we will ever get to a point where ALL people are held EQUALLY accountable.

Old 12-04-2022, 12:24 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,452,873 times
This is a legal matter .
Each branch of our govt holds its own power .
I tend to believe in the foundation of our justice system. I'm not so gullible to think that some types of justices are blind.

With the classified documents, the Jan 6 interference, the Georgia interference ( find 11780 votes?). I say that private citizen is up for various indictments.
Here is where it will be all for naught.
Some looneytune gov will pardon him ..on the state level. And if a maga gets in office, the same will be handed him.

It won't be difficult to find fair minded jurors. Been impressed with keeping personal opinions to the side when taking the evidence and testimony into account. Most jurors understand their duty to follow the charges and proceed onward to a verdict . I think hands down trump will go for a jury trial . He loves to entertain. He will be the best testimony for the prosecution.
The greatest injustice would be to not bring these charges forth.
Ohh and keep TFG in jail pending trial. No bail bonding.

Old 12-04-2022, 12:26 PM

23,562 posts, read 12,525,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Actually there were 110 emails (not documents) that were determined to have classified info in the 30,000 emails returned by DOS. None of them were actually marked classified. Criminal intent would have been nearly impossible to prove.

In contrast, Trump was knowingly in possession of highly classified materials and they were clearly marked as such. He refused to return them and then directed his staff to hide them. It is far likelier that Trump can be convicted given these circumstances. But I doubt he will ever be prosecuted.

I do agree with your central premise though, that there is a double standard (or triple or more) in this country. Not only politicians seem above the law, but all manner of wealthy people and prominent elites as well. It extends all the way down to the common classes where community connections and race, for example, often dictate whether people face charges. Does anyone seriously believe that no one is above the law?
If Trump had made an aide strip the classification markings off of the docs, that would be fine with you?

Comey originally said Hillary was "grossly negligent" in handling the material. You don't need to prove intent with that. Comey then "played with the language" and changed the term to "extremely careless" so that intent had to be proven. Then he said there was no intent, even though there obviously was.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/11/07/polit...ley/index.html

Old 12-04-2022, 12:36 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,370,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Trump is not President. He is not allowed to take or keep classified documents at home.

The presidency is not a lifetime appointment.
He was President when he took the documents. As such, he was allowed to take and keep any classified documents he wanted at his home. He had the right to declassify them and keep them forever.

Old 12-04-2022, 12:43 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
He was President when he took the documents. As such, he was allowed to take and keep any classified documents he wanted at his home. He had the right to declassify them and keep them forever.
As such, no he was not allowed. Therein lies the rub.

Old 12-04-2022, 12:52 PM

13,248 posts, read 7,308,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
That's only an opinion of Trump unlikely a jury will agree with that claim. The fact that he was asked to return it all and didn't. Then he was issued a subpoena to return it all and didn't. He has no proof that he declassified any of it. When they put his advisor under oath they say otherwise because they don't want to land themselves in prison.

Old 12-04-2022, 01:05 PM

10,454 posts, read 4,038,191 times
Nothing is going to happen. If they had anything, they would have done something about it when he was President. They got nothing. It's going to take an assassination to stop him. You demwits need to just give it up already.

Old 12-04-2022, 01:41 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
It's looking like DOJ will indict Trump I think with in the next 30-60 days at most.
We really have him now, part #33.

Old 12-04-2022, 03:00 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
We really have him now, part #33.
I wonder if they ever get tired of claiming "we got him now", to be proven wrong each and every time?

Even if they do get an indictment, he is still innocent until proven guilty. Proving guilt will be more difficult, though certainly not impossible.

Something tells me IF Trump is found innocent, we will see more violence, death and destruction from the left just like we did when Democrats refused to accept the free & fair election results from 2016.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies