Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2022, 08:08 AM

39,025 posts, read 51,075,331 times

Advertisements

My 90 yo MIL got covid a couple months back and took Paxlovid. She is not the picture of health, but having been previously vaccinated (but not with the updated shot) and with the paxlovid suffered through nothing worse than a moderate cold would bring. IDK if she had rebound, but she tested positive for about two weeks even though she was feeling better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2022, 08:13 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,676,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker99 View Post
Older friend is a vax booster enthusiast - he still got Covid recently. Minor symptoms, and was prescribed paxlovid. He's fine now (probably would have been fine w/o it).
The people I know would have been fine without it too. Very healthy people, only risk factor was age butI bet these two are healthier than many 20 years younger.

Old 12-04-2022, 08:20 AM

4,322 posts, read 2,182,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The people I know would have been fine without it too. Very healthy people, only risk factor was age butI bet these two are healthier than many 20 years younger.
2020 was a lost year to living healthy for me. I've since done a lot better by way of diet and exercise.

I got duped into taking the first two Pfizer shots when they first came out - have refused any/all boosters since then. I got Covid this year - and it was like a cold. I missed the window for Paxlovid by two days - felt fine a week later.

So I agree that underlying health plays a large part in recovery.

Old 12-04-2022, 08:40 AM

11,134 posts, read 5,763,690 times
Is Paxlovid just Ivermectin by another name?

Is it just 98% Ivermectin with some minor change to sell it under another name?

Is Ivermectin still banned, or are Doctors filling prescription for human-dosed Ivermectin pills again, like they normally did before the CDC/FDA banned it? Ban, discourage, whatever. Doctors were punished for writing Ivermectin prescriptions, and pharmacies were bullied into not filling the prescriptions anyway. A soft ban has the same effect as a legal ban if you still can't get it at any time, at any price.

Old 12-04-2022, 08:45 AM

18,794 posts, read 8,420,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Is Paxlovid just Ivermectin by another name?

Is it just 98% Ivermectin with some minor change to sell it under another name?

Is Ivermectin still banned, or are Doctors filling prescription for human-dosed Ivermectin pills again, like they normally did before the CDC/FDA banned it? Ban, discourage, whatever. Doctors were punished for writing Ivermectin prescriptions, and pharmacies were bullied into not filling the prescriptions anyway. A soft ban has the same effect as a legal ban if you still can't get it at any time, at any price.
Totally different.

Old 12-04-2022, 08:52 AM

17,702 posts, read 13,559,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Totally different.
We all know that Ivermectin is a good medicine made by that "pure as the driven snow" Big Pharma company named Merck...

And we know that Paxlovid is evil medicine made by that dastardly Big Pharma company named Pfizer.

Merk wants to save us all from the minor symptoms of COVID while Pfizer wants to kill us all with their vaccines and fake medicines like this here Paxlovid.

You should know that being a Doctor.

Old 12-04-2022, 08:56 AM

2,492 posts, read 3,393,662 times
If Paxlovid works well and helps the unvaccinated improve their health, then it's almost guaranteed that anti-American liberal politicians, media, and other progressive gaslit sycophants will spin it as a "conspiracy theory of conservatives", "rumor," or a something similar.

Democrats and the liberal media are seemingly incapable of confronting or admiting any truth about Covid or Fauci. They are stuck in their Mobius strip of lies.

Old 12-04-2022, 09:02 AM

17,214 posts, read 12,099,241 times
I had the bitter taste side effect. Which I had heard about before hand, didn’t sound that bad. But it wasn’t just that taking the pill itself was bitter. It made me have a horrible bitter taste in my mouth 24hrs a day. Bad enough it would wake me up in the middle of the night. Never been woken up by a taste before.

Old 12-05-2022, 11:56 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,059,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
Paxlovid keeps 89% of the unvaccinated out of the hospital, 6% get rebound effect, reduces chances of long covid, so why risk getting the vaccine?

Has anyone taken Paxlovid and found it's a tolerable medication to take? Any side effects?

https://www.aamc.org/news-insights/w...oming-out-fall
This is just an ad for the BA.5 boosters but no, Pavlovid would not be my first choice, Ivermectin would be.

Paxlovid only inhibits viral replication. It does nothing to protect you from the spike protein, while Ivermectin actually binds to the spike & prevents it from grabbing your cell membranes. Ivermectin preforms much better than Paxlovid anyway:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35278050/

This can't be stressed enough. People MUST prevent that spike protein from attaching to their cells, whether from infection or vaccination, contact with the spike protein is extremely dangerous. Spikes last in the body much longer from vaccination than infection.

Old 12-05-2022, 02:15 PM

18,794 posts, read 8,420,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
This is just an ad for the BA.5 boosters but no, Pavlovid would not be my first choice, Ivermectin would be.

Paxlovid only inhibits viral replication. It does nothing to protect you from the spike protein, while Ivermectin actually binds to the spike & prevents it from grabbing your cell membranes. Ivermectin preforms much better than Paxlovid anyway:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35278050/

This can't be stressed enough. People MUST prevent that spike protein from attaching to their cells, whether from infection or vaccination, contact with the spike protein is extremely dangerous. Spikes last in the body much longer from vaccination than infection.
Young subjects in West Africa is not very useful material.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies