Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2022, 06:05 AM

9,512 posts, read 9,077,788 times

Advertisements

The Tampa mayor, democrat Castor, put her police chief on leave for flashing her badge to get out of a ticket.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...stop-rcna59738

Incident was caught on body cam footage. Another win for taxpayers. Castor selected her fellow cop friend to be her police chief as they have been close friends for years. Maybe a refreshing new leader will be picked to lead Tampa’s PD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2022, 06:11 AM

1,810 posts, read 897,070 times
If she woulda just said “Sorry, we screwed up.” I bet she woulda got a warning. Now she’s in deep doo. I never flashed my badge to get outta something. But I always fessed up right from the start. Got a warning and got let go. On traffic stops if you told the truth you always go a warning. This lady didn’t have the maturity to be Chief of Police.

Old 12-04-2022, 06:59 AM

9,512 posts, read 9,077,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchikanite View Post
If she woulda just said “Sorry, we screwed up.” I bet she woulda got a warning. Now she’s in deep doo. I never flashed my badge to get outta something. But I always fessed up right from the start. Got a warning and got let go. On traffic stops if you told the truth you always go a warning. This lady didn’t have the maturity to be Chief of Police.
She probably will be coming back after a couple weeks when the news moves onto other things. It was a slow news weekend so the police chief chose the wrong weekend. And this is weird because this democrat police chief was called out by Rex Chapmen on tweetland .

Old 12-04-2022, 11:36 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchikanite View Post
She's a piece of work, that one.

https://floridapolitics.com/archives...now-its-chief/

Quote:
In 1995, O’Connor, then known as Mary Minter, was a 24-year-old officer in her first year on the job in Tampa after two years as a Madeira Beach cop. She was with fellow officer Keith O’Connor one night in May when he was pulled over for suspicion of drunken driving. As Hillsborough County deputies attempted to give O’Connor a sobriety test, she became disruptive. Deputies asked her to sit in the patrol car and she kicked the window and punched a deputy in the shoulder and chest.
It's good to be a cop.

Old 12-04-2022, 11:44 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,585 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Interesting. In days gone by, this used to be called a "professional courtesy" and everyone knew it.

It still goes on in a lot of places - cops stopped for minor offenses would get a pass.

It also used to be that if you donated a million bucks to a major university your not quite so brilliant grandson could get admitted.

I guess times are changin'. I guess the democrats aren't going to tolerate it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professional_courtesy

Old 12-04-2022, 12:02 PM

4,653 posts, read 1,947,611 times
"caught on bodycam" that says it all right there. Much harder to let people off when its on video. That has a lot more of an impact then somebodies verbal Statement. Old friend who was a Sheriff' deputy used to do it every time he was pulled over. Just had the wallet ready with the badge clearly showing when he took out his i.d. You just didnt say anything which would have been to blatant but made sure that badge was visible.

Old 12-05-2022, 06:43 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,179,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
The Tampa mayor, democrat Castor, put her police chief on leave for flashing her badge to get out of a ticket. ..

Incident was caught on body cam footage. Another win for taxpayers. Castor selected her fellow cop friend to be her police chief as they have been close friends for years. Maybe a refreshing new leader will be picked to lead Tampa’s PD.
Another misleading thread title. The chief was put on leave (and eventually fired) for puling rank at a traffic stop with a not too subtle offer for future help to the traffic cop.

Old 12-05-2022, 07:24 PM

37,170 posts, read 19,174,827 times
She was fired justly before her corruption could spread. We need more of the same accountability in public servants at all levels, particularly those in management.

Old 12-06-2022, 05:36 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Looks like Tampa should be glad to be rid of her, honestly.

Old 12-06-2022, 05:39 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
The Tampa mayor, democrat Castor, put her police chief on leave for flashing her badge to get out of a ticket.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...stop-rcna59738

Good for the mayor!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies