Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2022, 10:30 AM

5,918 posts, read 2,751,492 times

Advertisements

Just imagine what Google, Meta and Apple have done.

The collusion between government and corporations and the press is very... what's the word I'm looking for...starts with an F...

Old 12-04-2022, 10:34 AM

43,056 posts, read 18,223,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post

The collusion between government and corporations and the press is very... what's the word I'm looking for...starts with an F...

You don't have to imagine. Snowden showed the world exactly the depth of collusion between business and government.
And that was almost 10 years ago...people were quick to jump on the propaganda wagon of calling him a traitor.

Old 12-04-2022, 10:35 AM

6,223 posts, read 3,404,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Got to give credit to Musk and Taibbi for standing up against "the machine".

It does take guts especially with a government as corrupt as we have today.
And none of these shills give a hoot that the government told social media to censor/ban people who won't partake in the echo chamber.
Makes one wonder why the DOJ is going after Musk. Now we know.

Old 12-04-2022, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Makes one wonder why the DOJ is going after Musk. Now we know.
Yellen is also going after him on the grounds of "national security".....

Old 12-04-2022, 10:39 AM

23,467 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The narratives I'm hearing are the usual 3:

1) Well it's just Hunter Biden being nude and rude. Gaslighting that there isn't other info on the laptop about "the big guy" which are the serious issue.

2) More gaslighting that it's somehow just right wing propaganda and thus somehow all made up.

3) Claiming that as long as the government just uses its power and influence to stifle or promote certain information...but doesn't do it directly is not a violation of free speech because um...it's a private company. Yet more gaslighting.
You forgot:
#4) "Hunter isn't a politician". Even though the info on Hunter's laptop shows that he advises the "Big Guy" in all matters including politically.

and

#5) "I didn't vote for Hunter". If Hunter would announce that he was running, they would line up behind him. In lockstep.

They do have gaslighting down pat.

Old 12-04-2022, 11:02 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,767,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post

While I doubt it will happen, I would love to see the curtain pulled back on ALL of Big Tech, the Big Democrat Machine, Hollywood and the Educationless System.

Old 12-04-2022, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
While I doubt it will happen, I would love to see the curtain pulled back on ALL of Big Tech, the Big Democrat Machine, Hollywood and the Educationless System.
Whistleblowers have been trying to do that since 2006....Room 641A.

Patriot Act took away any rights to privacy....in the name of national security.
And it was all "temporary"...only lasting 5 years..remember ?

Old 12-04-2022, 12:07 PM

9,838 posts, read 4,623,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The narratives I'm hearing are the usual 3:

1) Well it's just Hunter Biden being nude and rude. Gaslighting that there isn't other info on the laptop about "the big guy" which are the serious issue.

2) More gaslighting that it's somehow just right wing propaganda and thus somehow all made up.

3) Claiming that as long as the government just uses its power and influence to stifle or promote certain information...but doesn't do it directly is not a violation of free speech because um...it's a private company. Yet more gaslighting.
Minimizing as nothing to see move along is standard procedure. Along with the messenger shooting. I love the leftist that are now going to boycott Taibbi since he's not a good journalist anymore.

Old 12-04-2022, 12:08 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
The left are going insane over being exposed for what they really are.

Thank you Elon Musk & Matt Taibbi.

The reactions are priceless. I'm going to need some more popcorn, especially when Taibbi releases even more emails this week.

The Twenty-Seven Most Embarrassing Reactions to Taibbi Thread About Twitter Censoring Hunter Biden Tweets
They are true fascists. The leftists simply hate introspection and understanding who they really are.

Old 12-04-2022, 12:11 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,767,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Whistleblowers have been trying to do that since 2006....Room 641A.

Patriot Act took away any rights to privacy....in the name of national security.
And it was all "temporary"...only lasting 5 years..remember ?
Any time the government states "we must do this for your own safety" (Patriot act to Covid), you know they are about to ********* over.

Someday people will learn the government is NOT here to help you. They are here to take control of you, so they can gain as much power as possible.

Government is a collection of people who have power. Human nature is to gain more power. The more power you gain, the more you want.

Only a complete fool believes the government is a good thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies