Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2022, 06:13 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,816,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Who was name calling? Candice Owens was a big Trump supporter now she is not. I don't think that makes her a RINO. But Trump voters might find the need to attack her.
Absolutely. Both my girls, who are young adults, say that Candace is the one who keeps them conservative and see the world for what it really is. That is amazing with all their peers mostly being liberal.

And she has a good point about Trump. While I voted for him twice, he does run his mouth way too much and because of that, he lost the election and our country is much worse because of his antics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2022, 07:36 AM

10,851 posts, read 4,529,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Candace Owens said Trump's rudeness made her realize he's vengeful, paranoid, lacks humility

I find it incredible that it would take anyone this long to figure that out. That is, I think that it is something she, like most people here, already knew in the back of her mind for a long time but for various possible reasons couldn't admit until now.

Is Candace Owens a RINO now? Is that the rule?

I think they called her a white supremacist first....

Old 12-05-2022, 08:30 AM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
proven false above, counselor.

Owens became a conservative in 2017. You can watch her youtube video.

Old 12-05-2022, 08:39 AM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Absolutely. Both my girls, who are young adults, say that Candace is the one who keeps them conservative and see the world for what it really is. That is amazing with all their peers mostly being liberal.

And she has a good point about Trump. While I voted for him twice, he does run his mouth way too much and because of that, he lost the election and our country is much worse because of his antics.

Trump never would have won the nomination in 2016 and the general election without being outrageous. I really thought when he was sworn in he would be a lot more presidential. I have read where he said it was decided to keep playing to the base that he needed them energized by his constant fighting with the left. I think it was Bannon who pushed that. I think if he let his policies do the talking and not just him he would have won in 2020. But instead this non stop 3 ring circus surrounding him got old.

Old 12-05-2022, 08:57 AM

2,361 posts, read 1,752,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
if memory serves, she had been a Dem. I don't recall whether it Trump 2016 that took her to the Republican side or not.

Regardless, it's noted that an avowed leftist wishes to make a proclamation, while admitting they don't know if they're right or not.

Trump has surely driven some folks from the Republican Party, since the party hasn't done enough since Jan 6th to move on from him. But rest assured, there are R's more that are ready to turn the page and move past Trump than there are those who wish him to run, or wish him to become POTUS again.
Trump was a Democrat for most of his adult life. If you really want to call anyone a RINO....there he is.

Old 12-05-2022, 09:17 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
Trump was a Democrat for most of his adult life. If you really want to call anyone a RINO....there he is.

I was a Democrat until I was about 30 or so.

Lots of people change their political views over time.

Old 12-05-2022, 12:01 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
I was a Democrat until I was about 30 or so.

Lots of people change their political views over time.
I did the same thing in my 30's.

Old 12-05-2022, 01:09 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
I think Trump is starting to lose some support. He's not letting go of the loss. I get that he feels like he was ripped off but at some point you start to sound obsessive. The more he speaks about that loss and not about a vision for the country, the more he will continue to lose support.

Old 12-05-2022, 01:16 PM

6,804 posts, read 9,354,170 times
I don’t know if Candace is a RINO, but I do feel like she’s somewhat of a grifter and at times I feel like she’s more interested in being famous than she is advancing conservative ideas. I started to feel this way when she was hocking the “Freedom Phone” on Instagram and acting like she uses one herself, when really she doesn’t (she uses an iPhone).

That’s not to say I dislike her, but I pay less attention to her now.

Old 12-05-2022, 01:17 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerbo View Post
That's actually not the way you think.

Most people's conservative views were liberal to their elders.

Nobody reverts to their elder's views, they just solidify into the new conservatism, and then the younger people of the next generation move on to break new barriers, and that will be the new conservatism.

It's like layers of concrete. You add new cement, it's gonna be new, it's gonna be hip, and then it's gonna set on top. It never gets absorbed into the bottom layers unless those bottom layers are scraped away.

Nah.

For me it was it was more like Reagan said:

"I didn't leave the Democrat party......they left me."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies