Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2022, 10:53 PM

9,866 posts, read 4,641,933 times

Advertisements

Switzerland to limit electric vehicle use during the energy crisis in Europe to help prevent blackouts.

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-N...Blackouts.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2022, 01:12 AM

27,139 posts, read 15,313,785 times
I gather that California is going funk blast blackout under their plan.

Old 12-05-2022, 04:29 AM

25,731 posts, read 12,808,029 times
Electric cars allow easier government control of people's movements. Its easier to get 1 gov't controlled utility to shut off power to a home, or area of homes, than it is to close every gas station in that same service area.

That is why the huge push to electric cars by the Libs...they want to control everybody.

That is why I'll never rely upon electric vehicles solely...I'll always keep 1 internal combusion engine vehicle in my garage.

Notice how the electric car makers do not make the batteries easily accessible & interchangeable? Until that occurs, EV owners will be held hostage to the gov't controlled utilities.

Old 12-05-2022, 05:19 AM

1,566 posts, read 905,811 times
We’ve all seen Covid lockdowns. Future generations will see frequent vehicle lockdowns. And they will come for various reasons. Woe be unto those caught driving their EVs on lockdown days and weeks. And there will be thousands of government vehicles out patrolling the roads to make sure you comply.

Those of you still driving classic ICE cars will be treated like a guy who got caught chain smoking in a room full of kindergartners.

Old 12-05-2022, 05:21 AM

25,731 posts, read 12,808,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope of Greenwich Village View Post
We’ve all seen Covid lockdowns. Future generations will see frequent vehicle lockdowns. And they will come for various reasons. Woe be unto those caught driving their EVs on lockdown days and weeks. And there will be thousands of government vehicles out patrolling the roads to make sure you comply.

Those of you still driving classic ICE cars will be treated like a guy who got caught chain smoking in a room full of kindergartners.
They can lockdown big cities, but not all the rural areas...not enough law enforcement, & too many armed resisters out in the country.

Old 12-05-2022, 05:30 AM

7,356 posts, read 3,527,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Electric cars allow easier government control of people's movements. Its easier to get 1 gov't controlled utility to shut off power to a home, or area of homes, than it is to close every gas station in that same service area.

That is why the huge push to electric cars by the Libs...they want to control everybody.

That is why I'll never rely upon electric vehicles solely...I'll always keep 1 internal combusion engine vehicle in my garage.

Notice how the electric car makers do not make the batteries easily accessible & interchangeable? Until that occurs, EV owners will be held hostage to the gov't controlled utilities.
exactly. done under the hoax of climate change. and it is a hoax because climate is constantly changing so getting a handle on a moving target is impossible. therefore, a total hoax on the populace. it’s all about control.

those diesel powered mining engines used to mine minerals for batteries will run on electric one day? hilarious.

Old 12-05-2022, 06:12 AM

9,504 posts, read 4,340,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
Switzerland to limit electric vehicle use during the energy crisis in Europe to help prevent blackouts.

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-N...Blackouts.html

Ah yes, the never-talked-about, but oft occurring, result of ill-conceived, short-sighted leftist policies. There can really only be 2 reasons why lefties keep coming up with this dumb ****: They're either really, really stupid and aren't smart enough to understand the concept of consequences and repercussions, or, they think the voting public is really, really stupid and dumb people, who are easily persuaded with climate alarmist nonsense, outnumber smart people. Which is it lefties? Are you dumb or do you thrive on exploiting dumb voters? Inquiring minds want to know.

Old 12-05-2022, 06:34 AM

9,878 posts, read 7,209,711 times
The title of the thread is not the title of the article:

Switzerland Considers Electric Vehicle Ban To Avoid Blackouts

Old 12-05-2022, 06:39 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,589,940 times
Quote:

AND MANUFACTURERS through proprietary patented designs. See the fun Tesla owners are having when a battery gets damaged.

It wont happen but this could be solved with a simple law (That car manufacturers will pay congress to make sure never happens.)

Bay Jan 1 2025, The auto industry shall come up with a common batter design and housing. Said housing shall be designed to protect batteries from damage and ease of change. By Jan 1 2027, said battery shall be the sole allowable battery for cars manufactured on or after that date.

Old 12-05-2022, 06:41 AM

8,630 posts, read 9,135,767 times
Quote:
They can lockdown big cities, but not all the rural areas...not enough law enforcement, & too many armed resisters out in the country.
The cops got nothing to worry about those who drive EVs. On the most part they are affluent, law abiding folks, not scumbags.

I can see even and odd days ahead, if you know what I mean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies