Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2022, 08:19 AM

8,941 posts, read 2,963,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It's an establishef fact that the lower one's income, the more likely one is to vote Democrat. Just look at any election exit poll from the last several decades.
It's hilarious how little self awareness these people have.

Even though I posted data in this thread, this is as elementary as 1, 2, 3.

Democrats attract the lowest income people because of their message. IT'S THEIR PLAN! No one from the DNC would dispute this.

Why don't these people own that?

Old 12-12-2022, 08:22 AM

3,429 posts, read 1,562,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
I'll take things that never happened for $1000, Alex.
I'll take people that don't understand what a middle class income is in a high COL area and the tax ramifications of the Republican Tax Plan for a $1000. Too bad you never ran the numbers. The whining is widespread so you'd have to have blinders on not to see that. Oh no...don't California my Texas (followed by stop driving up housing costs) said the hypocritical Republican.

Old 12-12-2022, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Most people who voted aren't on welfare, Democrat or Republican. Most people who vote work for a living, Democrat or Republican. This is why I find the whole "free stuff" argument ironic.
How do you know that? If you were getting a bunch of free stuff from Uncle Sam, why wouldn't you have a high propensity to vote?

Democrats seek out their dependent voters and get them to the polls!

Much better than republicans do, I'll admit!

Old 12-12-2022, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
The most telling aspect of this thread is how much these particular "GOP" posters have a bizarre fetish with money. As if that is the only way to measure the value of a person.

In their minds they are better than teachers, the people who plow the snow, the people who repair their vehicles. They see them as opponents and not as the people who pave the foundation of our society. They do not realize how important they are to the American way of life. Their belief seems to be, if you don't make X amount of money you are not one of us.

I would like to think that the majority of GOP voters out there don't think in lockstep with the poster's here. But it does make you wonder how many do.
So you've changed the subject now that you've been proven wrong about the income of Democrat voters?

Obviously this thread is still over our head. There's nothing better to make a person "unworthy" and diminished in value than to make them a slave of the government.

Republicans believe that all people are worthy and THEREFORE none should be sold a program of cradle to grave Nannyism by Democrats.

Old 12-12-2022, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I'm not sure which Republicans are selling those things, or why you think that Democrats don't have similar values, but hey maybe if all you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail
Which policies have democrats championed lately that require increased responsibility and taking charge in one's own life?

Old 12-12-2022, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
A Democracy Will Only Last Until… – Lee's Summit Conservative

“A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse doe to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship.”
This is the Democrat platform! Ride out free stuff as long as it lasts! "Republic" be damned!

Old 12-12-2022, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blameyourself View Post
I'll take people that don't understand what a middle class income is in a high COL area and the tax ramifications of the Republican Tax Plan for a $1000. Too bad you never ran the numbers. The whining is widespread so you'd have to have blinders on not to see that. Oh no...don't California my Texas (followed by stop driving up housing costs) said the hypocritical Republican.
So you're talking about democrat state-imposed taxes and blaming republicans, right?

Old 12-12-2022, 08:30 AM

88,989 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blameyourself View Post
I'll take people that don't understand what a middle class income is in a high COL and the tax ramifications of the Republican Tax Plan for a $1000. Too bad you never ran the numbers.
That's a state and local tax (SALT) problem. Solution: DON'T live in a blue city or state. I used to live in a blue state. Very high SALT taxes are why I moved to my current red state. I'm paying 65% less in taxes now on the same value home in a higher socioeconomic level neighborhood.

Former blue state neighborhood avg home price: $510k
Current red state neighborhood avg home price: $786k

Old 12-12-2022, 08:31 AM

3,429 posts, read 1,562,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
So you're talking about democrat state-imposed taxes and blaming republicans, right?
Nope, try reading what you quoted and then actually running numbers so that the comment you made doesn't stem from ignorance.

Old 12-12-2022, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That's a state and local tax (SALT) problem. Solution: DON'T live in a blue city or state. I used to live in a blue state. Very high SALT taxes are why I moved to my current red state. I'm paying 65% less in taxes now on the same value home in a higher socioeconomic level neighborhood.

Former blue state neighborhood avg home price: $510k
Current red state neighborhood avg home price: $786k
More lack of self-awareness by liberals. It's amazing! Only the leftists could get a very substantial TAX BREAK from the federal government and then complain about it!

Instead, of course, of blaming their local democrat politicians for jacking up their insane "COL" bill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies