Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2022, 10:02 AM

88,999 posts, read 44,804,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Can you just put your main points in simple bullets?

No one knows what you are talking about and what point you're trying to make.
Well, to be fair, that poster DID make a point of complaining that the Republican Tax Plan caused higher-income earners to pay MORE in Federal Income Tax. I've asked that poster several times WHY they're complaining that the Republicans gave the Democrats EXACTLY what they wanted/want - to make higher-income earners pay more in taxes. But they continually fail to answer that question.

Old 12-12-2022, 10:12 AM

42,846 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Uhhhh did you miss my data? It's been quoted and re-quoted a bunch in this thread.
I have not seen ANY data to support these claims that YOU have made

Quote:
Why do republican voters make more money, own more land, pay more taxes, etc. than Democrat voters then?
What I have seen are vague references to unnamed 'exit polls'. And 'data' from debt.org where Bill Fay plays fast and loose with facts and tends to cherry pick data in some cases having to use statistics from 2006 to support his sometimes "dubious" claims.

Old 12-12-2022, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blameyourself View Post
You're not doing nothing to me than prove that you don't have a cogent rebuttal to the counter points made to you. Unfortunately, when you're not well equipped to have a conversation on the topic, all you can do is fall back on a silly talking point with no ability to drill down on anything. At some point, when you want to actually address the counterpoints made to you and supply appropriate documentation, maybe people will continue to converse with you. Right now this conversation is on a higher level than you're talking points (one that you can't seem to comprehend or offer a reasonable rebuttal for).

It's quite amusing of course, that so many of the Red states require so much assistance from Blue States on a federal level. You think if they were so against that, they would just give back their federal subsidies.
What makes you think they're subsidies? The biggest portion of Federal spending is for Social Security and Medicare, two programs in which seniors have pre-paid for 40 years for the benefits they're receiving now. They're not subsidies. They're benefits for which seniors have already paid for, for decades. And seniors on that SS fixed-income have been fleeing high-tax blue states for low-tax red states, consequently taking that Federal spending on SS and Medicare with them.

The Fed Gov will spend over $6 trillion in 2022. More than 65% of that pays for just Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid (free Federal health care program for the poor). And as we've already seen (I linked the data in a prior post), 74% of Medicaid recipients are Democrats.

Old 12-12-2022, 10:44 AM

8,941 posts, read 2,963,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Well, to be fair, that poster DID make a point of complaining that the Republican Tax Plan caused higher-income earners to pay MORE in Federal Income Tax. I've asked that poster several times WHY they're complaining that the Republicans gave the Democrats EXACTLY what they wanted/want - to make higher-income earners pay more in taxes. But they continually fail to answer that question.
He never explained "Why" he thinks that though.

The republican tax cuts gave 70% of the country lower taxes. Many leftists couldn't believe it and actually thought they were paying more until they looked at their tax returns. They probably STILL didn't believe it!

Old 12-12-2022, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post

What I have seen are vague references to unnamed 'exit polls'. And 'data' from debt.org where Bill Fay plays fast and loose with facts and tends to cherry pick data in some cases having to use statistics from 2006 to support his sometimes "dubious" claims.
Seriously? You think the Democrats are the ones who own land, live further out from cities, etc.?

We just gave you income data that is 100% iron clad and you people still don't believe it. How would lower income people tend to buy more houses, own more land, and pay more taxes than higher income people?

I can certainly pull up the demographic data if you'd like. Democrats tend to live in cities, in apartments, etc. etc. etc.

You're seriously questioning these elementary facts?

Old 12-12-2022, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I shouldn't have to do this for you... Look under "Household Income" to see the 2022 results by income level. The pattern stands, yet again. The income group with the highest percentage of Democrat votes is the lowest income group:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...022-elections/
exit polls are meaningless because they only record in person voting. In 2022 60 million people did not vote at polls, they mailed in or carried in ballots.
https://thefulcrum.us/Elections/Voti...mail-123470986

Old 12-12-2022, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Seriously? You think the Democrats are the ones who own land, live further out from cities, etc.?

We just gave you income data that is 100% iron clad and you people still don't believe it. How would lower income people tend to buy more houses, own more land, and pay more taxes than higher income people?

I can certainly pull up the demographic data if you'd like. Democrats tend to live in cities, in apartments, etc. etc. etc.

You're seriously questioning these elementary facts?
You didn't provide data for many of those and the ones in which anyone tried to support them often used data that was 10-15 year old data in some cases. So tell me again please - how many more Republicans than Democrats own land?

Old 12-12-2022, 11:30 AM

Quote:
exit polls are meaningless because they only record in person voting. In 2022 60 million people did not vote at polls, they mailed in or carried in ballots.
https://thefulcrum.us/Elections/Voti...mail-123470986
Good point. We all know a large percent of Democrat votes come from the mail-in ballot harvesting Democrats do in low-income neighborhoods.

Old 12-12-2022, 12:08 PM

Quote:
You didn't provide data for many of those and the ones in which anyone tried to support them often used data that was 10-15 year old data in some cases. So tell me again please - how many more Republicans than Democrats own land?
Here you go. Do you think owning a home also means that home sits on land? Yuuuup.

Republican home ownership rates are far above Democrats:

https://www.redfin.com/news/republic...-true-cliches/

Do you think Farmers own land? Much of the land you see along highways in the midwest is owned by farming families. What percentage of farmers voted republican in 2020?

The answer: 85%

https://www.statista.com/chart/23242...tial-election/

Do you need any more statistics to reinforce this obvious fact?

Old 12-12-2022, 12:11 PM

3,429 posts, read 1,562,707 times
Quote:

And you won't see any 2sleepy. It's how they roll in addition to the "obtuse" act because they simply don't have any info beyond skimming the surface with a claim that they are not capable of having a discussion about or actually drilling down on info (actually peeling the layer to a complicated onion). They have been asked countless questions in this thread and on most they feign ignorance (as they did when you asked about these so called "exit" polls they are talking about). Ultimately, the post that hit the nail on the head was this one....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haksel257 View Post
That's the nature of such a forum. Every lie from any side is buried in the noise, and people forget. Also, it's easier to make a claim than prove it, especially if it's complicated BS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandolini's_law
"The amount of energy needed to refute BS is an order of magnitude bigger than that needed to produce it."

No need to waste any more time on it as they're not looking to have a real discussion on the matter (and are clearly incapable of it).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies