Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2022, 08:23 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,964,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blameyourself View Post
Hogwash!

Do have accessibility to police and fire services? Do Republicans not use the public school system? You planning on foregoing Social Security benefits? I could go on with a lot of other public services used by Republicans and Democrats alike. And as mentioned, I don't know any self proclaimed Republicans turning down stimulus payments or extended unemployment during the pandemic. They weren't exactly doing it themselves.

Just stop with the implication that Republicans are noble crap! They are nothing of the sort.
You don't see a difference between local police and fire, and paying for other peoples' school loans?

It's incorrect to say republicans wan NO government. No one has ever said that.

Old 12-16-2022, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Like I said, not wasting time with people that ignore, feign ignorance, and answer questions with questions. Your schtick is old as are your baseless claims.
That means you can't. Exactly my point.

Old 12-16-2022, 08:26 AM

3,429 posts, read 1,563,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
That means you can't. Exactly my point.
Sure thing pal.

Keep spouting your spoonfed talking points (which is all you've got). It's always good for a laugh and very easy to refute (for those that don't put fingers in their ears and say I can't hear you). Just because you like to ignore things doesn't mean you haven't been owned in this thread. You should have stopped while you were behind.

Old 12-16-2022, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Hogwash!

Do have accessibility to police and fire services? Do Republicans not use the public school system? You planning on foregoing Social Security benefits? I could go on with a lot of other public services used by Republicans and Democrats alike. And as mentioned, I don't know any self proclaimed Republicans turning down stimulus payments or extended unemployment during the pandemic. They weren't exactly doing it themselves.

Just stop with the implication that Republicans are noble crap! They are nothing of the sort.
No one said they are "noble."

I simply made the point (which is a fact), that republicans are much more likely believe in personal responsibility and getting government LESS involved in our lives, and democrats are more likely believe in relying on government and taxpayer funded handouts and getting the government MORE involved in their lives.

This isn't a "slight" at democrats. Democrats OWN THIS MESSAGE! I'm not sure why you're taking as an insult. They believe living a government-centric life is the way to go!

I don't know why you're taking such offense. Do you not even understand the philosophy of the political party to which you belong?

And my point is that selling the democrat message is MUCH easier to the masses than the republican message.

You guys are all over the place!

Old 12-16-2022, 08:30 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What will government getting out of the way do exactly?

By the way, a few jobs I've held involve having the government as a customer.

Try starting a small business yourself on a low budget and get back to us with your answer.

Old 12-16-2022, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Sure thing pal.

Keep spouting your spoonfed talking points (which is all you've got). It's always good for a laugh and very easy to refute (for those that don't put fingers in their ears and say I can't hear you).
Until you refute any of my points, you're the one with "hogwash."

Departing a debate with "I'm not going to get into it with people like you" is a silly copout.

If you had actual democrat policies to mention that promote less government and more personal responsibility, you'd list them. You don't, which is why my point has touched such a nerve.

You're out of facts and logical responses and are just resorting to emotional name calling now.

Old 12-16-2022, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Try starting a small business yourself on a low budget and get back to us with your answer.
Many democrats grow up thinking the only way to live life is to "get more" from the government.

It's a generational thing. It's a very tough pattern to break.

The USA is great not because of our "government programs." We are great because we present the most opportunity for "individual liberty" to people around the world.

Old 12-16-2022, 08:37 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Hogwash!

None of those things are in my way, and I never claimed to be against schools etc. (Maybe the crap they're teaching these days, but that's another story)

And things like SS and unemployment benefits are things that I pay into while I'm working.

They're not entitlements that are handed out to anyone simply because they exist.

Things that stand in my way are over regulation, high taxes and fees, crony capitalism, race based favoritism, and the government picking winners and losers.

Old 12-16-2022, 08:40 AM

I wonder if the democrats here could answer the question of why young people are much more likely to vote Democrat but as people get older (and more experienced in life), they vote republican?

Any explanation for that?

The "free stuff" message seems to resonate well with people of less life experience, doesn't it?

Old 12-16-2022, 08:44 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
No one said they are "noble."

I simply made the point (which is a fact), that republicans are much more likely believe in personal responsibility and getting government LESS involved in our lives, and democrats are more likely believe in relying on government and taxpayer funded handouts and getting the government MORE involved in their lives.

This isn't a "slight" at democrats. Democrats OWN THIS MESSAGE! I'm not sure why you're taking as an insult. They believe living a government-centric life is the way to go!

I don't know why you're taking such offense. Do you not even understand the philosophy of the political party to which you belong?

And my point is that selling the democrat message is MUCH easier to the masses than the republican message.

You guys are all over the place!
Well stated truth and they just can't handle the truth because it would make them have to admit that truth. Instead they resort to stating that one should "pull themselves up by their bootstraps" as being a negative thing. It requires personal responsibility and they don't want that they want to the government to help them do it when one can do it all by themselves if they truly wanted to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies