Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2022, 12:36 PM

18,455 posts, read 7,086,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
Did he say the word "owned"?
Don't you have some clouds to yell at?
Quote:
See my above comment.

Tow-may-tow / Tow-mah-tow

He said it, and Democrats believe it.

Only Democrats think people should vote based on the color of their skin.

Old 12-19-2022, 12:47 PM

3,502 posts, read 3,134,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Tow-may-tow / Tow-mah-tow

He said it, and Democrats believe it.

Only Democrats think people should vote based on the color of their skin.
And yet here we are with a thread full of non-democrats complaining about the voting habits of black people.

Old 12-19-2022, 12:51 PM

Here's a thought. Instead of bemoaning the voting habits of black people, maybe try giving them reasons to vote for you.

Old 12-19-2022, 12:52 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blameyourself View Post
The typical case is to disparage their opponent, but rarely do they make any case as to why you should vote for them. They are good at alienating people though.

Hard to imagine women, minorities, or members of the lgbtqia community being enamored with the Republican Party. Clearly it goes well beyond level of income and it has little to do with personal responsibility.
What you mentioned, I frequently notice that. Whenever I hear some conservatives talk about "Blacks should vote Republican", never do I hear about any tangible merits. I'm not presented with anything that is measurable in a positive manner. I just hear "the Democrats own you" or "the Democrats brainwashed you".

In this particular thread, I hear about "the Democratic Party is about handouts". Shaming tactic. It doesn’t work very well though.

I'll describe what occurs to me. I work for a living. I don't depend on handouts. My vote can go in any direction. I don't appreciate someone trying to shame me into voting a certain way. I'm not happy with someone claiming that the Democratic Party is keeping me on a plantation. I'm not poor. I don't live in a ghetto. I have a college degree, and I work. I come from a two parent home. Both parents are still married. If a Republican wants to appeal to Black American voters, it should start with the Black middle class. It should start with giving voters a reason to WANT TO vote for a Republican.

Women can be enamored to vote Republican. I know plenty who do. It's mainly family oriented, religious individuals who vote Republican. Mainly White women. Married women are more likely to vote Republican than single women. Stay-at-home mothers vote Republican big time.

There are a sizable number of Hispanic and Asian voters who will vote Republican. It's Black voters who are the least likely to vote Republican. The higher the Black voter turnout, the lower the percentage of Black votes going to Republicans. Georgia is a litmus test example. Blacks turned out in large numbers to vote for gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams. 93% of the Black vote went to Stacey Abrams. 75% of the White vote went to Brian Kemp. Kemp won in 2018 by 1.4%. It was a very thin margin. In 2022, Abrams vs Kemp, again. Kemp win, by a 7.5% margin. Alot of Black American voters, especially men, stayed home. Many Black voters were dissatisfied with Abrams, but refused to support Brian Kemp.

The same happened in 2016. Many Black voters sat out in 2016, rather than pick between Trump or Clinton (I voted for Gary Johnson).

I think some of the alienating of potential voters could come from a cold mindset. It is known that Republicans do best in places where the Black vote gets outmatched. Black Americans are more religious than anyone else. Black Americans are more numerous in the South than anywhere else in America. One would think "appeal to Black voters based on commonalities". It hasn't really happened.

Old 12-19-2022, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Here's a thought. Instead of bemoaning the voting habits of black people, maybe try giving them reason to vote for you.
I've said that too. Give people a reason to WANT TO vote for a Republican. Nope. It isn't happening. The idea is "Vote Republican or don't vote at all".I think some people think this way because of a lack of empathy.

Old 12-19-2022, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Republican strategy:

1) Imply that blacks aren’t intelligent enough to make their own choices at the voting booth. (Bonus points for “handouts” narrative)
2) Accuse democrats of assuming blacks aren’t intelligent enough to make their own choices at the voting booth. (Make no case for blacks to vote Republican)
3) Complain that blacks are making their own choices at the voting booth, implying they aren’t intelligent enough to decide what their best interests are, and accuse them of being “on the plantation”
4) Wonder why more blacks don’t vote Republican.
I've noticed that the shaming tactics don't work very well. Until said personal understand this and come up with something that does work, the same results will keep happening.

Old 12-19-2022, 02:06 PM

89,004 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I've noticed that the shaming tactics don't work very well. Until said personal understand this and come up with something that does work, the same results will keep happening.
What does work is an old white male getting to declare who's Black and who isn't? That's what Black people have decided they want? Think very carefully about that...

Old 12-19-2022, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
What does work is an old white male getting to declare who's Black and who isn't? That's what Black people have decided they want? Think very carefully about that...
You're still flogging that dead horse? You mean the dumb off the cuff comment he later apologized for?

Quote:
“I shouldn’t have been such a wise guy,” Mr. Biden said in a call with the U.S. Black Chambers. “I shouldn’t have been so cavalier.”

His words also exposed wounds among Democrats that date to 2016, when many leaders felt the party took black voters for granted.

“I don’t take it for granted at all,” he said later Friday. “No one, no one, should have to vote for any party based on their race, their religion, their background. There are African-Americans who think that Trump was worth voting for. I don’t think so, I’m prepared to put my record against his. That was the bottom line and it was, it was really unfortunate.”

Old 12-19-2022, 02:48 PM

89,004 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
You're still flogging that dead horse? You mean the dumb off the cuff comment he later apologized for?
It's called a Freudian Slip. It's speech that occurs due to the interference of a belief, wish, and/or internal train of thought being openly expressed despite one's attempts to hide or disguise how one truly feels.

Old 12-19-2022, 02:53 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Sure he did, because he was roasted for saying it, it does not mean he didn't believe it when he said it. Biden also said:

“We have this notion that somehow if you’re poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids,” Biden

"We've got to recognize that the kid wearing a hoodie may very well be the next poet laureate and not a gangbanger." Even corey Booker had to push back against that crap.

“I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American presidential candidate who is articulate and bright and clean-cut and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man,” Biden said of Obama

In 1977 he opposed busing black kids to white schools, because: "Unless we do something about this, my children are going to grow up in a jungle, the jungle being a racial jungle with tensions having built so high that it is going to explode at some point. We have got to make some move on this."

In opposition to Romney becoming president, he told a majority black audience “They’re going to put you all back in chains.”

There are many more quotes like this, where Biden says disparaging words about non-whites. Sometimes he has retracted his words or apologized, but it's clear that at his core, he's a racist who looks down on non-whites as being lesser people than whites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies